• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
or partner for part of your life.

Am curious, as so many people on here - mostly males it seems - say they cannot have a relationship as they are unattractive so I wondered what THREE qualities are MOST important to people in choosing a prospective partner.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, mattwitt, Broken and 14 others
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
Personality
Sense of humor
Stability

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deafsn0w, lemmeeleev and 8 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Mine are:

1) Good temperament eg not shouty

2) Must have your own interests, so be independent - I don't like being followed round all day :-)

3) Not hideously untidy

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, mattwitt, Firecaste and 12 others
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
Honest, Intelligent, compassionate... probably then, attractive.

Reactions: msexit, Weeping Garbage Can, Deafsn0w and 4 others
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
I have a life partner for 28 years, married 26. The attributes I always looked for:

1.) Kind
2.) Honest
3.) Sincere

I've been pretty lucky with all three of those.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deafsn0w, Dead Meat and 7 others
lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
True and honest to they are, good or bad

Always trying to improve, not only themselves but what's around them- this isn't about self image but more of an inter drive

Anti popular opinion or atleast not driven by it

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deafsn0w, Marawa and 3 others
Whatshername

Whatshername

That Ghost Lady on the Hill
Dec 14, 2018
or partner for part of your life.

Am curious, as so many people on here - mostly males it seems - say they cannot have a relationship as they are unattractive so I wondered what THREE qualities are MOST important to people in choosing a prospective partner.

I bet you a 100 bucks that most people who consider themselves ugly, are not. They feel like that in big part thanks to the shallow, shitty standards that all forms of media is drilling into our heads. A lot of people have zero self worth and confidence because of it.

I consider kindness, intelligence and a sense of humor ten times more important than looks. If there is a spark between us, I will find that person attractive regardless of what others think.

I've been there. Once upon a time I was considered very attractive and I had a few partners who, according to some, "weren't up to standard." "What are you doing with that guy, you could do so much better" and similar shallow comments. Well, fuck them.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, faex42, Marawa and 3 others
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
I suspect men place attractiveness higher on their scale than women do.
That doesn't mean it is in the top 3 or 5 for all men, but I bet it is for many, if not most.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, NoOneKnows, Deafsn0w and 5 others
Whatshername

Whatshername

Dec 14, 2018
I suspect men place attractiveness higher on their scale than women do.
That doesn't mean it is in the top 3 or 5 for all men, but I bet it is for many, if not most.

I agree, but OP specifically mentioned males who find themselves unworthy, hence my post. Confidence, (not to be confused with entitlement and arrogance) would help many. Men and women alike.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Deleted member 4993
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
I took the question "what most people..." to be gender (and orientation) neutral.

Personally, I find lack of confidence endearing, though that may be a more common sentiment for men towards women than vice-versa.

There's something beautiful in two insecure people finding strength in one another.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, NoOneKnows, Deafsn0w and 6 others
Whatshername

Whatshername

Dec 14, 2018
I took the question "what most people..." to be gender (and orientation) neutral.

Personally, I find lack of confidence endearing, though that may be a more common sentiment for men towards women than vice-versa.

There's something beautiful in two insecure people finding strength in one another.

You're right, I went from neutral to male, I should have been more precise. A bit of language barrier :)

I personally can find a bit of shyness and insecurity endearing too in some cases, but I doubt people at large think that way, specially when it comes to men. And said insecurity is also responsible for many people to isolate themselves and give up on relationships and life.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deleted member 4993 and Marawa
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
Insecurity can often be a barrier to risk, including seeking and maintaining (healthy) relationships.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, DontFearTheReaper, Deafsn0w and 5 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Ofcourse we'd all like a beautiful partner, but that's not what I need. If I had to choose three traits, I'd choose:
-tolerance towards mental health issues
-sticks by my side
-always 100% honest

I guess these three traits make a lot of sense for me since they're all somehow related to the great anxiety I feel in a relationship. I'm always afraid she'll leave me, she doesn't love me anymore etc etc...

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, NoOneKnows, Exile and 14 others
lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
You're right, I went from neutral to male, I should have been more precise. A bit of language barrier :)

I personally can find a bit of shyness and insecurity endearing too in some cases, but I doubt people at large think that way, specially when it comes to men. And said insecurity is also responsible for many people to isolate themselves and give up on relationships and life.
I agree for the most part. However, isolation can be self imposed but can be socially demanded as well

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deleted member 4993, Deafsn0w and 2 others
lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
Hell breathing and talkative is fine for me

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Made4TV, Deafsn0w and 2 others
journeytotheend

journeytotheend

Jan 1, 2019
I've fallen for or had a crush on very different women in the past. From skinny to very curvy, very social to introvert, etc.. But they have all been kind, honest and intelligent.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can, NoOneKnows and 7 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can, mattwitt and 3 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Why do men never want a woman who's a bit dim :-(

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can, mattwitt and 7 others
lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
Hey, I haven't had much to choose from so I can't be picky

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deleted member 4993, Deafsn0w and 1 other person
Whatshername

Whatshername

Dec 14, 2018
Why do men never want a woman who's a bit dim :-(

If you're trying to imply that YOU are dim, just stop it or I'll hop on a plane and kick your butt. ❤️

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, TheCrow, Thewhowithin69 and 4 others
lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deleted member 4993, Deafsn0w and 1 other person
lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
It's true! They all want highly intelligent women who can talk politics and make soufflé :-)
Not all want that. I don't mind dim, I don't go blind that way

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deafsn0w, Wolfjob_dayjob and 1 other person
lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
He

Like a puffed up cheese omelette thing made with egg whites. I tried making it once :-( it collapsed and burnt
Why not just enjoy a regular omelette, or maybe enjoy anything home cooked or attempted. Whats wrong with people, too picky these days

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Deafsn0w
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Why not just enjoy a regular omelette, or maybe enjoy anything home cooked or attempted. Whats wrong with people, too picky these days

Couldn't agree more. I realised very quickly that Michelin Star cooking was never going to be my thing! I'm sticking to toast

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can, mattwitt and 5 others