Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
This is all depending on your perspective about death. I feel that most likely when we die there's nothing anymore and it's just like a permanent sleep or that if you get reincarnated or something you'll lose all the memories from this current life.

With that perspective it's so hard to justify living or dying since either way it doesn't matter. It's not like I'll make an impact on multiple generations so my existence will fade into obscurity fairly quickly. Why not just die then?

On the other hand I can do whatever I want and not worry about consequences. I can be as selfish or selfless as a person but none of it matters since I'll die anyway. Why not just live a super fast life or just a life I'd be content with?

As for my personal perspective again, I'll be choosing to die so I can end my mental struggle.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Unknown21, matt1968, Forever Sleep and 6 others
N

Novacaine

Oct 30, 2023
Hope you're doing well right now. Have you started the road trip ?

• Love
Reactions: Leavesfromthevine
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
Hope you're doing well right now. Have you started the road trip ?
Thank you ❤️
I have actually, the thread with all the pics and updates is in the off topic section.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Literally nothing that any of us will ever do in our lives will have any effect on the universe whatsoever.
Our presence in this place is so miniscule that it's nearly totally non existent when compared to the vastness of everything else out there.
If every single human being died right now it wouldn't make a shred of difference. None of us are important to the bigger picture in any way. We are all totally disposable.

Reactions: floralheaddress, pthnrdnojvsc, MatrixPrisoner and 1 other person
N

Novacaine

Oct 30, 2023
Thank you ❤️
I have actually, the thread with all the pics and updates is in the off topic section.
Niceee, have fun ! I'm thinking about doing the same. I'll take a look at the thread

• Love
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I can't justify me living either but I can justify me dying. Yes, it's true that everything is meaningless in the long run and that we would be gone in a blink of an eye when looking at the time that the universe has started compared to our lifespan. However, the suffering and pain that I go through does matter to me for this short time that I'm alive. And, because of this suffering, I'll continue to wish to be dead

Reactions: Leavesfromthevine, pthnrdnojvsc and Joarga
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I think life matters. Of course in a negative way. It only matters in the sense that it is the horrible and only alternative to death. Which makes CTB such a logical decision for me.

Sleep is what all humans want. It's why we all hit the snooze button every morning. Why not just hit one more time for eternity?

Reactions: Slow_Farewell
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I think it's a subjective feeling whether life is sth worth to be lived (from our perspective, and how our society works) or life is"terrible" by of the circumstances we are forced to live in. Death happens for everything that exists whether it has consciousness or not - sooner or later. That is how the universe is "constructed".

It's instinctively in our minds that death isn't sth good bc we'd miss out of sth but actually it doesn't matter, if we died in an accident we'd also be gone not missing out on anything. SI and the will to live is strange why a living being cannot just press an "off button" even if suffering is too much.

In the end it's the same.

• Love
L

LastBitOfJoy

Dec 18, 2023
I was in this mindset, until living became very much hurtful. I can't say "I can do whatever I want, I can be selfless or live a life I'de be content with" because I can't.

Suicide usually involves hard circumstances or mental struggle. I wouldn't do it if I had a normal brain and not bad circumstances

Reactions: matt1968
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It's kind of debatable though isn't it? If life really doesn't matter, then murder is ok surely? But- most people would agree that murder definitely isn't ok because- even if life itself doesn't matter, self determination and choice does.

So- life matters if the individual thinks it does. When it comes to murder- I'd say life is protected by default. Which I'd say was right. This is an incredibly disturbing case- so- I'd say- don't look at it if you feel sensitive about murder, mutilation and cannibalism but, this horrific case demonstrates this idea:

I'd say- this guy was still guilty of murder even though he had the victims permission...

Of course- where I agree with you is with regards to suicide. I believe it's up to us ultimately as to whether our lives matter. That's why we shouldn't be making decisions for other people. Either life ending or life preserving decisions.

In the above case- I'd say it's murder because we don't know the guy who consented was in his right mind. Plus- the guy who killed him's motives were sadistic rather than simply aiding him in a suicide. He wanted to murder someone. It wasn't some altruistic act to help someone suffering end their life.

So yeah- I think in the case of assisted suicide, I think it's important to ascertain that a person is of sound mind. (I'd argue that you can be suicidal and be of sound mind.) But ultimately- yes- it should be up to us as to how we see our own lives- not other people's though. So- personally, I'd say- it's ok to say your own life doesn't matter, it's ok to theorise why all lives don't matter. It's not ok to start insisting that someone elses life doesn't matter! That leads to homicide/ genocide.

My God- that could be the pro-mortalist's slogan! 'All lives don't matter!' It's not something I agree with though. I think choice is the most important factor.

• Love
Reactions: Slow_Farewell and Leavesfromthevine
Labyrinth

Labyrinth

There is no escaping the burden of existence
Jan 8, 2024
Literally nothing that any of us will ever do in our lives will have any effect on the universe whatsoever.
Our presence in this place is so miniscule that it's nearly totally non existent when compared to the vastness of everything else out there.
If every single human being died right now it wouldn't make a shred of difference. None of us are important to the bigger picture in any way. We are all totally disposable.
Dear @Darkover this argument is ignorant and mediocre. Study four-dimensional space and you will realize that we are the cosmos-center of the universe.

Grains of sand are like stars; and the stars grains of sand. The micro is equivalent to the macro, and the minimum is the maximum. Smallness or Greatness is determined by proportion not by size, this duality is always contained in everything. The simple details reveal the greatest gems because they are already a world in themselves.

There is an inexhaustible immensity compressed within your being. Almost as if a hectare of ten thousand square meters were on the tip of a pin. Inner introspection demonstrates the oceanic depth in its content.

The insignificance and relevance of humanity is paradoxical.
This is all depending on your perspective about death. I feel that most likely when we die there's nothing anymore and it's just like a permanent sleep or that if you get reincarnated or something you'll lose all the memories from this current life.

With that perspective it's so hard to justify living or dying since either way it doesn't matter. It's not like I'll make an impact on multiple generations so my existence will fade into obscurity fairly quickly. Why not just die then?

On the other hand I can do whatever I want and not worry about consequences. I can be as selfish or selfless as a person but none of it matters since I'll die anyway. Why not just live a super fast life or just a life I'd be content with?

As for my personal perspective again, I'll be choosing to die so I can end my mental struggle.
I said what I would like.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case I very strongly believe death to be nothing more than an dreamless, eternal sleep where all is forgotten about and this is all that comforts me, this existence disappearing into nothingness is all I see as desirable. I envy how those who no longer exist are incapable of suffering, have no more concerns and are free from everything.

• Love
Reactions: Leavesfromthevine and myusername890
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
I was in this mindset, until living became very much hurtful. I can't say "I can do whatever I want, I can be selfless or live a life I'de be content with" because I can't.

Suicide usually involves hard circumstances or mental struggle. I wouldn't do it if I had a normal brain and not bad circumstances
It's definitely a "in theory" type of thing since I know there's limitations and I'm not able to be content with what I do in life. Although death is the better option for me I can understand why people would choose to live.
It's kind of debatable though isn't it? If life really doesn't matter, then murder is ok surely? But- most people would agree that murder definitely isn't ok because- even if life itself doesn't matter, self determination and choice does.

So- life matters if the individual thinks it does. When it comes to murder- I'd say life is protected by default. Which I'd say was right. This is an incredibly disturbing case- so- I'd say- don't look at it if you feel sensitive about murder, mutilation and cannibalism but, this horrific case demonstrates this idea:

I'd say- this guy was still guilty of murder even though he had the victims permission...

Of course- where I agree with you is with regards to suicide. I believe it's up to us ultimately as to whether our lives matter. That's why we shouldn't be making decisions for other people. Either life ending or life preserving decisions.

In the above case- I'd say it's murder because we don't know the guy who consented was in his right mind. Plus- the guy who killed him's motives were sadistic rather than simply aiding him in a suicide. He wanted to murder someone. It wasn't some altruistic act to help someone suffering end their life.

So yeah- I think in the case of assisted suicide, I think it's important to ascertain that a person is of sound mind. (I'd argue that you can be suicidal and be of sound mind.) But ultimately- yes- it should be up to us as to how we see our own lives- not other people's though. So- personally, I'd say- it's ok to say your own life doesn't matter, it's ok to theorise why all lives don't matter. It's not ok to start insisting that someone elses life doesn't matter! That leads to homicide/ genocide.

My God- that could be the pro-mortalist's slogan! 'All lives don't matter!' It's not something I agree with though. I think choice is the most important factor.
That was a very interesting read.
While of course there's limitations in my opinion life doesn't matter as long as it's not causing harm to others. We all have different perspectives on how life matters and why it might or might not matter. In my opinion you should try to only control your life and not negatively impact others as much as realistically possible.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
We can all agree that in the end, we all die.
The middle part between being born and the dying is a coin-toss.
Some place value in the things that happen in between, good for them..
Some..don't, as in the end, there really isn't a lot one can do that brings about impact or change.
I value choice. And as sucky as this life is, I wouldn't have had the choice to CTB if i didnt experience this thing called living first.
Fine, some of us didnt ask to be born, etc etc etc. Some of us would have been content in the void (if we really were just floating around in the void)
For now, I'll just accept the fact that I was too stupid to figure out what my purpose is (if there was one), and that having experienced this thing called living, im good, thanks very much, time to get out.

• Love
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
We can all agree that in the end, we all die.
The middle part between being born and the dying is a coin-toss.
Some place value in the things that happen in between, good for them..
Some..don't, as in the end, there really isn't a lot one can do that brings about impact or change.
I value choice. And as sucky as this life is, I wouldn't have had the choice to CTB if i didnt experience this thing called living first.
Fine, some of us didnt ask to be born, etc etc etc. Some of us would have been content in the void (if we really were just floating around in the void)
For now, I'll just accept the fact that I was too stupid to figure out what my purpose is (if there was one), and that having experienced this thing called living, im good, thanks very much, time to get out.
That last part is how I feel about it too

• Hugs
Reactions: Slow_Farewell