• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Just look at how time moves and many people cry because past times are gone forever. The good memories hurt because they are gone and the bad ones will hurt because of their negativity.

The end of everything hurts as always and people lose their loved ones and everything in this brutal time machine. Many try to absurdly distract themselves from this fact but at the end, they'll feel sad and they will end also.

This is only one of many things that make life depressing. Those who will think will discover more and more and probably will get depressed because life is depressing.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, ithappens, Amber1974 and 12 others
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
Can't argue with this.

Reactions: Amber1974, lilyeehaw, not_a_robot and 1 other person
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
It definately is.
I mean, if you think about it we are basically sacks of meat rotting away in time untill we finally retorn either to the ground and be devoured by maggots and verms or be cremated and instantly become dust.
What's the meaning of being alive? What's our purpose?

Reactions: OnlyMercy, not_a_robot and Circles
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
You can create new good memories. The problem is, that is a luxury not everyone has in life.

Reactions: blanketyblk, Midnight and Circles
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
I thought it was so weird when depression became a mental illness. Up til then it had never occurred to me that depression wasn't a natural response to life. Lots of people had told me I was "negative" but I just thought they were stupid. I still think depression is a natural state for anyone intelligent or empathetic. Happiness is either psychotic or deceptive.
"if you're not angry,
then you're just stupid
or you don't care.
How else can you react
when you know
something's so unfair?
When the 'men of the hour'
can kill half the world at war,
make them slaves
to a superpower,
then let them die poor?"

Last edited:
Reactions: ithappens, anonomouse69, Circles and 5 others
dreamsofdestruction

dreamsofdestruction

Everywhere I look is chaos
May 9, 2019
I thought it was so weird when depression became a mental illness. Up til then it had never occurred to me that depression wasn't a natural response to life. Lots of people had told me I was "negative" but I just thought they were stupid. I still think depression is a natural state for anyone intelligent or empathetic. Happiness is either psychotic or deceptive.

You cannot be happy all the time, that seems unrealistic, but there can be some meaning in your life that makes it all worth the suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
I feel sad for the future generation , what will they reminisce about on facebook ? " do you remember when mobile phone camera never had 3D "? , remember when we only had 300 Tv channels "? and thats about it

Reactions: Circles, jake3d, SinisterKid and 1 other person
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
You cannot be happy all the time, that seems unrealistic, but there can be some meaning in your life that makes it all worth the suffering.
I'm Absurdist, we don't believe in meaning, only integrity of motivation.
What give Sisyphus' life meaning? Rock goes up. Rock goes down.
He is all that any of us are.

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
You can create new good memories. The problem is, that is a luxury not everyone has in life.

That is not the talk about this topic, it is that both good and bad will have negative effects as time moves. What's a good memory if it just die?

Reactions: Circles and not_a_robot
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
I can't embrace absurdism because I lack the ability to be happy. I'm fine with the things I do not having meaning - I can't handle them losing their ability to make me feel... Anything, really. I don't have the energy for the eternal race for the next thing that makes me feel.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and not_a_robot
dreamsofdestruction

dreamsofdestruction

May 9, 2019

That's ok, subscribing to a philosophy is your choice, or maybe you really can't find anything meaningful enough to make living worthwhile, it's not that I can't relate. But it can be done in principle and people do it. Smart people too.

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
That's ok, subscribing to a philosophy is your choice, or maybe you really can't find anything meaningful enough to make living worthwhile, it's not that I can't relate. But it can be done in principle and people do it. Smart people too.
Other people are perfectly welcome to tell themselves whatever they need to in order to keep pushing that boulder, it's alright.

"whatever gets you through the night,
it's alright, it's alright.
it's your money or your life,
whatever gets you through your life,
do it wrong or do it right,
it's alright, it's alright."
-john lennon

dreamsofdestruction

dreamsofdestruction

May 9, 2019
Other people are perfectly welcome to tell themselves whatever they need to in order to keep pushing that boulder, it's alright.

At least I could come up with some things that might make it worthwhile to push a boulder up a hill for a while. But probably not for eternity and certainly not because some god is being a dick.

blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019

I had created a wonderful life, had some great memories of some amazing times. but like anything, memories fade. All i have now are some photos and even with those I struggle to remember what was so special about those moments.

That's the part that gets me about life. you push the boulder as far as you can. but eventually everyone gets run over by it. Whatever kind of life you have. your still going to die. it's just a question of when and how. and the bits that are between when your born and when you die. will only be memories of those who knew you. and eventually those memories will fade to nothing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Severen and not_a_robot
dreamsofdestruction

dreamsofdestruction

May 9, 2019
Whatever kind of life you have. your still going to die. it's just a question of when and how. and the bits that are between when your born and when you die. will only be memories of those who knew you. and eventually those memories will fade to nothing.

What's wrong with picking your own lifespan as the relevant time frame though?

• Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
What's wrong with picking your own lifespan as the relevant time frame though?

Nothing at all. i don't plan on staying around until old age. especially if i am lone. I watched both my parents struggle to do anything for themselves as they aged. and 80-85% of the time they where sleeping.. that is no life. thats just existing. i wouldn't want to linger like that.

• Hugs
Reactions: AutumnEmbers and not_a_robot
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
Just look at how time moves and many people cry because past times are gone forever. The good memories hurt because they are gone and the bad ones will hurt because of their negativity.

The end of everything hurts as always and people lose their loved ones and everything in this brutal time machine. Many try to absurdly distract themselves from this fact but at the end, they'll feel sad and they will end also.

This is only one of many things that make life depressing. Those who will think will discover more and more and probably will get depressed because life is depressing.

The most terrible thing is that seeing life as positive or negatve is dependant on the mere presence and absence of chemicals in the brain of the puny primates that we are. Maybe hypno-training in deep religious delusion, like the assumption that we're fallen angels who live forever after death, can alleviate this, too.
In any case, this is very depressing, but it might be hilarious with a higher level of dopamine. I personally find it ridiculous at the moment, no idea what this says about my level of what exactly. The sun's shining, it will be hot outside by now... yay, I'll take doggy outside for a garden round ;)

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
I had created a wonderful life, had some great memories of some amazing times. but like anything, memories fade. All i have now are some photos and even with those I struggle to remember what was so special about those moments.

That's the part that gets me about life. you push the boulder as far as you can. but eventually everyone gets run over by it. Whatever kind of life you have. your still going to die. it's just a question of when and how. and the bits that are between when your born and when you die. will only be memories of those who knew you. and eventually those memories will fade to nothing.
Yass, Lawdy lawd! Preach!
You have been squashed flat against the boundary of needing Meaning, and knowing there is None. Take comfort in the weary arms of Sisyphus, child, and try to laugh a little at the impossibility of your situation before you ctb.
Sisyphus understands. My thumb slipped, so here's a grid.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: dreamsofdestruction and blanketyblk
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
At least I could come up with some things that might make it worthwhile to push a boulder up a hill for a while. But probably not for eternity and certainly not because some god is being a dick.

Reactions: dreamsofdestruction
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
You have been squashed flat against the boundary of needing Meaning, and knowing there is None. Take comfort in the weary arms of Sisyphus, child, and try to laugh a little at the impossibility of your situation before you ctb.
Crying is also fine, I believe. Anything that relieves the tension, really.
I keep oscillating between trying both. Haven't been successful yet, but hey, there's always the option to CTB.

blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
I watched this the other night. it's about the epidemic of people dying alone in japan and about a clearner who's job it is to come into there home and clean it up. there is a scene in there when he is flipping though the mans photo album and talking about how he did x and y in life and then just toss into the trash with everything else. if thats not a metaphor about life. then i don't know what is.

• Aww..
Reactions: RM5998
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018

I'm sorry to hear your memories faded away. What made this happen? Medication? Aging?

blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
I'm sorry to hear your memories faded away. What made this happen? Medication? Aging?
Just the passage of time. i have some recall of some memories but don't remember all the good bits. but i know they did exists. i wished we have a video camera back them to record some of it. but we didn't :-(