Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I do not see a point in living. This is purely in my head and I will not act any differently. I seriously just don't see a point to life - what are we all living for?

to work some shitty job just to barely survive for the rest of my miserable life. When I tell people that's how I feel they just say it's how life is. How is everyone just ok with that? You spend at least 1/3 of your day doing something you don't like so you can barely make rent. How are people even happy.

If my life is 49% pleasure, 51% pain (and likely to stay that way) I'm better off dead, as 0 pleasure, 0 pain is a better ratio. It's not quantifiable as exact numbers ofc, they are just here to simplify the explanation.

I wouldn't want to live the life of most people I know and that's ok, if they do that's their problem.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, dyn00ss, borderlinee and 9 others
puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
I won't try to change your perspective. Your opinions are valid. And I am sorry for your pain, I would never try to discount all the struggle and hurt you've faced.

If my life is 49% pleasure, 51% pain
But with that said, how does this statement not bring you hope? I would be so, so happy if I was this close to having a life I could feel content with. I hope you find what you want to live for. šŸ§”

Reactions: Cute_&_Loving and Darkover
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
But with that said, how does this statement not bring you hope? I would be so, so happy if I was this close to having a life I could feel content with. I hope you find what you want to live for.
i said It's not quantifiable as exact numbers ofc, my life is 10% pleasure, 90% pain

Reactions: sserafim
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah, I don't get it either. In the past, I've had conversations with people who were clearly struggling and unhappy. It's only at that stage that I judge whether I might broach the subject of suicidal ideation. I remember one time, this friend had an almost allergic type reaction to it. Their words were: 'I won't even consider or talk about that shit'. It was a very aggressive reaction to it. I guess some people won't even let themselves entertain such thoughts. I don't know. I agree- it's weird.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim and Darkover
C

Cute_&_Loving

I like trinkets:)
May 10, 2023
I think if people like us who can't find meaning in life, want others to respect our perspective, we should respect people who cling on to hope no matter how silly we find it.....
we all should be mutually respected.....
I'm sorry you're feeling this shitty.... I'm there too.... I'm still here bc I failed both of my attempts and just trying to figure out how to get better prepared mentally so I won't f**k it up next time....
But I'm very sorry you've been struggling so much.... i know how unberable and awful it gets.....
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim, Darkover and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't believe it ever could be, I just see existence as nothing but a terrible mistake that just causes harm and suffering. I will always see it as preferable to not exist under all circumstances as there is no value to this meaningless and dreadful existence that was completely unnecessary in the first place.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim, floralheaddress and 1 other person
sorrowful

sorrowful

My exhaustion knows no end
Feb 13, 2023
I could never see how life is worth living, suffering is inevitable for everyone. I do not want to suffer my entire being for nothing in the end.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim and Darkover
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
This explanation helps me out to this day ever since first listening to it 4 years ago:

Reactions: sserafim
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
This explanation helps me out to this day ever since first listening to it 4 years ago:
everything came into existence from nothing so there is nothing going on there is no grand design the universe can and will create itself from nothing, there is no point to the universe at any moment the whole human race could be wiped out by various means, there is no god, there no infinite dimensions, nothing has existed forever, the universe is finite.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim, dyn00ss and 1 other person
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
there is no god, there no infinite dimensions, nothing has existed forever, the universe is finite.
If you say so šŸ˜‚

"Teach thy tongue to say I don't know and thou shalt progress." - Maimonides

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
If you say so
it's been proven the universe can create something from nothing
In Schwinger's theory, if you apply a massive enough electrical field to a region of space that is completely empty, that space's quantum field will seize some of this electrical energy and create particle-antiparticle pairs from nothingness

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim, dreamscape1111 and 1 other person
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
Reality is made of infinite consciousness.

There is no limit.

Anything that can be imagined can exist.

There are infinite universes with infinite realms populated with all sorts of beings.

Hell realms, heaven realms, and everything in between.

Billions of them exist.

Infinite, actually.

There is no limit to what can be imagined by God.

(how can there be a limit to universal consciousness? what can limit it besides itself?)

Your consciousness is beyond the limits of time & space.

Time & space are made of your consciousness.

That doesn't mean they aren't "real."

They're really illusions that are made of your imagination!

How real they seem to you depends on your level of awareness.

From your normal "every-day" level of awareness... time and space are very real.

It's because you are lost in the dream!

Your attention is hijacked by your habitual conditioning!

You are like a character running on a script!

You are not aware of the billions of sentient beings that exist in all realms and dimensions all around you and inside you.

Your attention is contracted as you focus upon your own ego-problems.

You get stuck in the dream!

And you suffer.

It's okay to be stuck in the dream sometimes..

You secretly like it.

But it's also important to remember to pause..

& Zoom out.

Don't forget the big-picture!

Here are some ways to loosen your mental holding-patterns and expand your consciousness to Godly levels of understanding and selflessness:

- question everything (especially your own ideas)

• assume every idea you've ever been told by anyone is completely wrong and you have to restart the process of "sense-making" over again from scratch
  • humble yourself intellectually... stop thinking that you know things... the more that you think you "know for sure".

.. the less you actually know.

• study 100s of different perspectives... allow yourself to hold many conflicting perspectives in your mind at the same time...
  • meditation (being in your body)
  • psychedelics
  • trust your intuition... follow your interest

Understanding the true nature of reality is worth it.

(I'm only just beginning to ! video/channel above helped plenty)

Your stories about what's true aren't actually real.

They're only ideas grounded upon other ideas.

There is no actual ground that your ideas are situated upon.

The more you question your own beliefs about life and reality... the quicker you see your own bullsh*t.

And, of course, the bullsh*t of others.

If you care about the Truth of existence... you must be comfortable with unravelling your own reality.

Truth is the most beautiful thing ever... it's an infinitely intelligent Mind that is making itself.

It's not grounded upon anything other than itself.

It's just pure genius.

Boom.

Here you are.

No source required.

You are the source.

The source of Being is Being.

A = A.

There's nothing behind the scenes.

Experience is itself.

You are made of your own consciousness.

You can realize this in any moment.

Nothing is hiding from you.

The Truth is always right hereā€¦ but are you clear enough to see it?

• Love
Reactions: Shiva_Story
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Anything that can be imagined can exist.
i don't think so like infinite computing power or living forever just never going to be possible
like saying you can become god or superman it's pure fiction just like flying cars

Last edited:
L

LillieCat

Oct 5, 2023

Dude this video changed my whole perspective, thank you so much for sharing this. It actually makes so much sense.

Reactions: deathxo