Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
Really sick of life, anhedonia and lack of things that are interesting or pleasurable. Anyone can relate?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sadghost, Insomniac, ColorlessTrees and 10 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I hate hearing about how boring it is tbh. I always get the impression the persons young and has everything

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I hate hearing about how boring it is tbh. I always get the impression the persons young and has everything
I am a man-child and no i dont have anything. Not even close to.

• Hugs
Reactions: Auto Immunity After, chocolatebar and Mr2005
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, I have no interest in living. I am bored all the time. The days are very long. I have never wanted to be alive and I never will. Life is just a pointless experience that we go through for the sake of it. All we are doing is waiting around for death. I just want non existence. It frustrates me that I was forced to exist and I have to endure this life.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sadghost, ColorlessTrees, JustHeckinKillMe and 6 others
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
I have anhedonia too due to a brain injury along with the wrong drugs and life is just so plain. I have no motivation, it's hard. And all my hobbies feel like a chore. I would take another pill for it but I know it would just make things worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
When I was young and still living at home, I could relate to this. It seems like ever since I've been out on my own anxiety has been the reigning negative emotion in my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic and Snake of Eden
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Anhedonia: Because fuck you, no escapism allowed, ONLY SUFFFFFEEEERRRR. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

• Aww..
Reactions: _Minsk, demuic and Snake of Eden
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
mind if I ask you how you feel about life in that aspect?

Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
I'm good with boring tbh. for me, life is annoying, life sucks, life makes me sick ,....etc

Reactions: lostautist, Mr2005 and Snake of Eden
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I'd feel like I was appropriating a struggle that wasn't mine if I said I related to anhedonia. But if anhedonia was on a spectrum I would be closer to the no fun end of things.

I get some pleasure from food, runescape, and some music. I still enjoy movies and anime when I'm able to work up the motivation to watch them. I struggle with boredom and disinterest in everything. I have a difficult time when people try to have conversations with me, it's very boring.

The last time I derived 0 joy and felt like a numb husk was when I was still in an abusive relationship. I would lay on the bed and stare at the wall for many hours.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, lostautist, demuic and 2 others
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Yep, life has lost all meaning for me and I don't enjoy doing anything anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Silenos, Joarga, Pluto and 3 others
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
I might be fine with life being boring, if it wasn't also stressful.

Reactions: lostautist and Mr2005
8AEM

8AEM

Jan 5, 2022
I feel this way every waking second.

Reactions: Snake of Eden
lostautist

lostautist

wandering
Jan 12, 2022
Due to an injury I haven't been able to do any of the activities I would normally do for nearly a year.

I'm normally fine with boring, but not constant and extreme anxiety, hopelessness and physical pain.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Smart No More and Snake of Eden
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Due to an injury I haven't been able to do any of the activities I would normally do for nearly a year.

I'm normally fine with boring, but not constant and extreme anxiety, hopelessness and physical pain.
I'm in the same position. Its taken my cognitive abilities, memory and sense of humour too. I thrived on learning, loved gaming, was an artist and lived happily. Now I'm stuck on the sofa. Can't sleep, eat or even play video games which I was once so fond of. It's broken my heart. I spent about a year mourning myself. I'm not sure if that's passed but I know that I'm forgetting who I was and I'm scared to look through my stuff as a reminder incase I desensitise myself to it and create new memories overwriting them. If I'm going to get better I need those memories to relink me to the past. If I'm not going to get better I need those memories as fuel to remind me of just how much I've lost and overcome SI when the time is right. So yeah, I feel your pain!

I carried a couple of bags of groceries up the staira earlier. Someone dropped them by for me. I felt like my heart was going to give in. It was poinding like crazy. I was doing shopping for the sheilding people in my neighbourhood a year ago and all on foot. Can't believe how fast your health can decline.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: demuic and Snake of Eden
lostautist

lostautist

wandering
Jan 12, 2022
I'm in the same position. Its taken my cognitive abilities, memory and sense of humour too. I thrived on learning, loved gaming, was an artist and lived happily. Now I'm stuck on the sofa. Can't sleep, eat or even play video games which I was once so fond of. It's broken my heart.

That's quite a reflection of myself... thriving on self-education, gaming and was quite content before everything happened. Now my health is deteriorating and I'm completely lost and the end of the tunnel is only getting darker.

I spent about a year mourning myself. I'm not sure if that's passed but I know that I'm forgetting who I was and I'm scared to look through my stuff as a reminder incase I desensitise myself to it and create new memories overwriting them. If I'm going to get better I need those memories to relink me to the past. If I'm not going to get better I need those memories as fuel to remind me of just how much I've lost and overcome SI when the time is right. So yeah, I feel your pain!

I carried a couple of bags of groceries up the staira earlier. Someone dropped them by for me. I felt like my heart was going to give in. It was poinding like crazy. I was doing shopping for the sheilding people in my neighbourhood a year ago and all on foot. Can't believe how fast your health can decline.

I hope you make it through this, I'm trying to be hopeful but the sinking feeling in my chest hasn't subsided in over a month along with the anxiety, and add the pain and uncertainty to that and that's where I am. I want to continue but I don't see a path past this so I'm prepared. I;m still trying, so there's that.

Reactions: Smart No More
Justsogone

Justsogone

An unlived life
Dec 14, 2021
It's totally pointless.
I can't see any fucking sense

freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Yes I can relate, I've got rather severe Bipolar 1 and decades of episodes have damaged my cognitive abilities. Used to be an avid reader and keep a blog about my life. Now all I do is text, reading a book seems like a chore instead of a pleasure. Boredom is more of a bugbear for me than loneliness is. No job, living alone, only really going out for exercise. Gonna turn 60 this year I'm lucky I haven't got any severe physical health problems…yet. But I've had low energy levels for many years.

• Hugs
Reactions: Snake of Eden