paredler

paredler

Student
Jul 31, 2022
How am I supposed to enjoy it if I've been suffering for years from humiliations, harassments, insults and other kinds of mental and even physical violence? How am I supposed to enjoy life if I suffer 5-6 days a week, 8 - 12 hours a day, which necessarily affects me outside of work? I don't enjoy weekends' I collapse in my bed, still in mental pain from the exhausting week' and I have other obligations to fulfill like chores, errands etc. What is to enjoy?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: disjectamembra, geogaddi_676, YandereMikuMistress and 8 others
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
Yeah, we need to learn to enjoy pain I guess

Reactions: YandereMikuMistress, kvsvenky100, wren-briar and 3 others
E

ebg

Sep 30, 2024
I think we should be more accepting of death and see it as an option instead of something taboo. We should be able to opt out of life instead of being forced to live.

Reactions: geogaddi_676, kvsvenky100, wren-briar and 4 others
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Dead already. Just need to dispose of my body now.
Aug 6, 2024
People who say that to you are sadists, I am sure.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, wren-briar, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
geogaddi_676

geogaddi_676

Jul 12, 2023
Did you forget to press the Enjoyment Button this morning? its just under the skin where your elbow is and you have to use a finger from the same arm to activate it

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: YandereMikuMistress, wren-briar and pariah80
P

pariah80

Aug 12, 2024
This sounds like someone's trying to encourage you to cope with life. That's what the vast majority of people are actually doing. Coping with life. Not enjoying it. I wouldn't take that advice.

Reactions: geogaddi_676, YandereMikuMistress, trixy12345 and 1 other person
snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
these dumb prolife quotes make me wanna smash something

Reactions: wren-briar and ijustwishtodie
J

JR_Timm

Sep 10, 2024
My answer is - my brain does not know how to enjoy it so unless you give me a new one, not happening.

Reactions: wren-briar and ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
What's there to enjoy in life? I can't see a single thing in life that I could enjoy. Nothing in life is fun for me. I only really do things to pass the time. Life is so tortuous and hellish

• Hugs
Reactions: geogaddi_676, pariah80, wren-briar and 1 other person
Marco77

Marco77

À ma manière 🪦
Aug 18, 2024
Life is made to procreate and remove the disturbance when one no longer procreates. There are no other horizons of meaning. Our condition is not desirable and there is nothing that can make us enjoy it.

• Love
Reactions: PlannedforPeru and pariah80
W

wren-briar

wrenbriar.gitlab.io
Jul 1, 2024
People who say that to you are sadists, I am sure.

My initial response to this comment was honestly laughter, then the utter truth of it, for so many people hit hard, and it's just sad.

My mother passed away earlier this year. We had known that it was coming for a long time, but every time I brought up end-of-life and DNR questions, she'd refuse to even discuss it, because she wanted yo live forever.

She ended up having to be rushed to the ER, and once stabilized, she was taken to a nursing facility, where we were assigned a social worker. The social worker reached out to me and asked what our mom's wishes were, and when I explained the situation, she said that she'd handle it (like she had for many other families). The next day she called and said that my mom had signed a DNR.

When I asked how the social worker had gotten through to my mother, she told me that she simply explained all of the suffering my mother would likely experience with the different answers. With that simple perspective change, the suffering our mom had equated with death, became associated with living, and she simply wanted to avoid any more suffering.

Reactions: geogaddi_676 and YandereMikuMistress
YandereMikuMistress

YandereMikuMistress

you say falling victim to myself is weak, so be it
Apr 26, 2023
How am I supposed to enjoy it if I've been suffering for years from humiliations, harassments, insults and other kinds of mental and even physical violence? How am I supposed to enjoy life if I suffer 5-6 days a week, 8 - 12 hours a day, which necessarily affects me outside of work? I don't enjoy weekends' I collapse in my bed, still in mental pain from the exhausting week' and I have other obligations to fulfill like chores, errands etc. What is to enjoy?
I was reading the title to the post and before I even pressed on it I was just mumbling to myself these kinda resones, all the fucking evil in the world I may be toxic for this but I can't just "enjoy life" when thares so much trauma being inflicted onto innocent people every fucking day, I won't enjoy life because I can't knowing what cruelties humans are capable of, on top of all that evil theres the fact I can just barely keep myself functioning but I have to so I have to eat I have to shit I have to shower I have to do many things, easy enough things but absolutely no enjoyment, eating ah that's nice but you can't keep eating, everyhing about living about getting a job and working towards "retirement" it all just disinterests me so much, I disagree with the reality I was brought into but am incapable of making Any kind of world wide change that'd make me want to stay.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: geogaddi_676 and wren-briar