Ineedtodie

Ineedtodie

Shame, Avoidance, hopelessness, lonliness, cbt, pm
Nov 9, 2022
Yet we have to be tolerant, have faith be grateful, be honest, survive, heal, have hope in the darkest places, be cautious, wary, calculating, patient, forgiving, empathetic
What a conflicted insanity!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: earshurt, crimson blue, Lostandlooking and 4 others
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Society in general is becoming more selfish and this results in the dangers you cite. American society used to have a higher percentage of people who actually tried to live their Christian faith (love, which is selflessness). Today even most churches reflect a populace less concerned with others. However, this could be said for Islam and Buddhism as well.

It used to be that one's family was protection from a potentially dangerous world. However, as families have shrunk and been fractured, there is less protection there. Without family or faith, one generally has to be guarded and conduct themselves defensively in the wider world and only open up with those with whom trust has already been established.

Reactions: ShanaRei and ncmxm
Ineedtodie

Ineedtodie

Nov 9, 2022
only open up with those with whom trust has already been established.
Did that mistake few times lately. Its complicated. Yoif woul be an open book to zxploit and judge or a xomplete recluse?

Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
I have had this same thought once. It's confusing... We don't live whit survival of the fittest only, there's social mechanisms involved... It's still confusing though, and distressing. I try to accept death now.
Part of my coping mechanisms to control GAD, that i think i have already surpassed...

Reactions: Ineedtodie
actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
Maybe you are catastrophizing a bit. It is not that bad in modern society. It is not great either if you cannot be useful, so I guess It is up to a view point.

Reactions: fizi22 and Ineedtodie
Ineedtodie

Ineedtodie

Nov 9, 2022
Maybe you are catastrophizing a bit. It is not that bad in modern society. It is not great either if you cannot be useful, so I guess It is up to a view point.
How whould you define modern society?

Ineedtodie

Ineedtodie

Nov 9, 2022

you have water, heat, electricity. Specialized workforce and education and healthcare.
Wish well my friend your post is helpful

• Hugs
Reactions: actual_fox