WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
Life is so beautiful that the world attempte to forcibly keep people from leaving.

"Suicide is the easy way out"
I fucking wish.

"PeRmAnEnT sOlUtIoN tO a TeMpOrArY pRoBlEm" Said by those who never experienced a "temporary problem" in their life, or is a narcissistic cunt who looks down on everybody else with the same problem for being too "weak".

"Suicide is selfish"
If everybody around you expects you to live for their own benefit, nobody panics. If idiotic ill-suited couples poop out kids and push their problems onto them, nobody panics. When somebody suggests that your life is your own property and therefore you can exercise bodily autonomy, everybody loses their minds!

• Love
Reactions: waitingforrest, Blondi, sopwithcamel and 29 others
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
Very true

Reactions: Luu
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
People will parrot whatever they have been programmed to say. Only someone with real experience is worth listening to.

Reactions: demuic, Crazy4u, XIII and 7 others
ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
Yes, pro-lifers conveniently forget that every reason for living is also a reason for dying.

Reactions: waitingforrest, _Minsk, Live Free or Die and 2 others
A

aprilshowers

The Ignorant
Dec 14, 2021
I mean, sometime I agree that life is beautiful. That won't affect my decision to ctb, but I think it's unfair to dismiss life as a whole.

Reactions: Crazy4u and lostundead
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
People who repeat empty platitudes lack the ability for original thought. Maybe they are just naive or lived a privileged life. The existence of this forum proves that not all lives are worth living. Over a million people ctb each year.

I don't know why people care so much about suicides. These idiots don't see their own hypocrisy. They have no problem guilt tripping and shaming people into living in agony just to spare their own feelings.

• Love
Reactions: dearlybeloved998, demuic, Rogue Proxy and 3 others
lostundead

lostundead

Student
Mar 18, 2021
This world is beautiful on the outside, but the deeper you look the uglier it gets. Best not to live with the finger on the pulse for too long.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, XIII, Snake of Eden and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Many pro lifers live under a delusion that life is always worth living, they are in denial of the fact that things can get that hopeless that one would consider ctb and they therefore dismiss all suicidal people as being irrational. Suicide should not be so stigmatised. I see wanting suicide as being perfectly rational in a life like this. I cannot stand platitudes. Platitudes just invalidate peoples suffering.

Reactions: demuic, XIII, Lostandlooking and 4 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Ppl 🅱️ retarded.

Reactions: Crazy4u and WrongPlaceWrongTime
Phill

Phill

Student
Dec 19, 2019
Maybe life is really beautiful for them. Some people are lucky enough to only have superficial problems in their lives. So it's easy for them to say that. As for the other things said about suicide, in my opinion, these are things they say just for the sake of saying it. They don't really mean it. They just want it to look like they're good people who care about others when they really don't. Actually they don't give a damn about you and your shitty life.

Sorry if I sound a little rude, but that's what I think.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime
cambrai33

cambrai33

Traveller
Nov 3, 2021
So many people are fucking vermin, trust nobody only yourselves. Too many here not showing their true selves

Reactions: Rogue Proxy and Crazy4u
Mynameisnotimportant

Mynameisnotimportant

4 years recovered. SS Vetran
Aug 21, 2018
Recovered, but I feel confident saying if I feel my depression as hard as it hit me in 2018 for a year, I'll ctb. Regardless of how many positives in my life. It's painful even getting small glimpses of depression that deep. I have trouble remembering the whole thing because I think my brain numbed or deleted the memories of it out of self preservation.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zzzzz and Lostandlooking
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Looks don't matter. I have plenty of friends who are vile, disgusting creatures but they went to the gym for 6 months and practiced good hygiene and now they have 10/10 model partners and deep, fulfilling emotional connections. You just need to put yourself out there because there is someone special for you. :heart:

*20,000 upvotes on Reddit*

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, demuic, Crazy4u and 3 others
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
Looks don't matter. I have plenty of friends who are vile, disgusting creatures but they went to the gym for 6 months and practiced good hygiene and now they have 10/10 model partners and deep, fulfilling emotional connections. You just need to put yourself out there because there is someone special for you. :heart:

*20,000 upvotes on Reddit*
So delusional

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Fake it till you make it! 🤪

• Yay!
Reactions: _Minsk and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
I also hate it when people say, "You're just suffering from a minor mental illness. Your suffering is nothing compared to those with debilitating physical conditions or incurable diseases".

I mean, I perfectly understand the terrible suffering and unbearable pain of those with debilitating physical conditions and incurable diseases and empathise with them, but to dismiss mental illness as "minor" is just infuriating to say the least.

Those who haven't experienced a mental illness in their life just don't know how painful, despairing and miserable it can be.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, Luu, dearlybeloved998 and 1 other person
S

shouldntbe

Jan 12, 2022
They have it so good that they lack the ability to put themselves in the shoes of someone who has it worse than them. They simply can't comprehend how bad some people have it. Nor does it directly benefit them to do so.
"If i could, so can they." Except that's rarely, if ever, the case.

• Love
Reactions: dearlybeloved998 and demuic
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
We should have a biting retort at the ready whenever someone says "Life is beautiful!". We could say something like this:

"Sure - it's beautiful for you, who don't need to fight for your own survival -
who can find all your necessities in a grocery store -
who can wear clothes that were made my starving children in a third-world country -
who care nothing about living on other people's expense -
who are blind to the suffering of other people around you -
who live in a society that you inherited from your ancestors, and which you didn't help build"

• Love
Reactions: demuic
completely-done

completely-done

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
I envy them if they truly believe it. Because life might be beautiful for them, and it's awesome they have a positive experience with life. I will never experience life the way they do, and that's okay.