Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
The current world and societies we live in are not worth the misery you suffer. Everything is extortionately expensive, you're paid terribly, plenty of people hate you for irrational reasons (despite having never met you), the climate is crumbling, extremist groups and politics are becoming normalised, the rich become richer, and there is ZERO sign of any of it getting better.

Some people have said to me that the joys in life come from other things like hobbies, self growth, and even having children. I don't see how any of that is possibly enjoyable given the bigger picture. It feels like trying to enjoy your favourite song whilst the airplane your sat in is in a nosedive headed for the dirt. Hobbies are hard to enjoy when you have next to 0 money to put into them. It's hard to grow as a person when I am constantly reminded how little I am valued. Why would I be so selfish to bring up children in a world of poverty, hate, and cruelty?

I just don't see a point in life, honestly. I'm just here to state my genuine opinion on where things sit globally. I genuinely don't see this as a pessimistic outlook but more realistic.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Byebyemap, Spiritual survivor, sserafim and 14 others
D

Deleted member 65988

well said, this isnt pessimistic by any stretch, it's quite a very realistic perception on the world. I think people don't want to accept it because they want to feel like things will eventually turn for the better.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, leavingsoon99, BetterInTheory and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
There isn't a point, existence is just a curse, it's just meaningless and pointless suffering. Humans suffer for the sake of it all while they are just waiting around to die anyway. It disgusts me when people act like it's a positive thing deciding to force life into this hellish reality where there is no limit as to how much one can suffer. The compassionate thing would be to leave the non-existent in peace so this species can finally go extinct, if there's no existence there's no suffering.

Reactions: sserafim, 0000000000000, gantaigarashi and 3 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I agree 100%, and don't think your outlook is pessimistic because you are stating facts that most people choose to ignore because they are frightened of facing the reality that human existence is one of suffering and everything else is a distraction.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, leavingsoon99, finalrequiem and 2 others
D

Deleted member 65988

I agree 100%, and don't think your outlook is pessimistic because you are stating facts that most people choose to ignore because they are frightened of facing the reality that human existence is one of suffering and everything else is a distraction.
Everything else really is a distraction, a selfish one at that.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, leavingsoon99, Darkover and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 65988

Think about why people even have kids in the 1st place, to satisfy their desire to be parents and also because they just followed what society told them to do which is have kids at some point, but at what cost, what about the childs suffering in any capacity while alive, they're fine with that because they decided to become parents regardless of the consequences of that action. Fucking selfish if you ask me and i say this whilst having a single mother, she didn't have to burden herself with motherhood which in turn would've saved me from ever having to be here because there is very little about human life I find redeemable. Now I'm supposed to be stuck here for decades as my life slowly erodes away from the countless ways life can cause me pain and stress and even dying won't be easy in the end, even if I have sn and benzos, it'll not be fucking easy thanks to si.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, leavingsoon99, freedompass and 2 others
gantaigarashi

gantaigarashi

Wageslave
Aug 1, 2023
I relate to this so much. To have a normal life I have to work a job I hate, pay bills, become a normal member of the society.

But for what! Increased work related stress, inflation, loneliness, more work, more stress, no friends or gfs. And if I just drop out of society then I'll be homeless, hungry and again I have to sufffer. I don't see a point in living if these are the cards laid out to me

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Spiritual survivor, sserafim, WAITING TO DIE and 5 others
B

BetterInTheory

Jun 22, 2023
Exactly! It's all just a big nothing burger! I sometimes feel so envious of people who've found meaning for their lives. But then I look around and I cannot believe I'd ever be able to compartmentalize that hard just to keep on existing.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Spiritual survivor, Darkover, sserafim and 2 others
hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
True. I might be depressed and suicidal but even when I'm looking at society and life on earth from a third, neutral perspective, it's unfair, corrupt, boring, and cruel. The fact that one lucid dream is already more exciting than anything you could ever experience in this reality says a lot. The world is overpopulated but instead of adopting the orphans who need parents, people are so narcissistic that they would rather spread their dna and make the world even more overpopulated. Everything is getting more and more expensive. You can trust nobody. The people in power are power-hungry and corrupt old people. Abuse, Rape, and Murder happens everywhere. Majority of your day is dedicated to working.

I don't understand how people think that their hobbies make it worth it to live on this terrible planet.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Spiritual survivor, Darkover, sserafim and 3 others
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
I don't understand how people think that their hobbies make it worth it to live on this terrible planet.
It's cope. The same as sex and drugs. Debauchery is often just substance abuse and sexual immaturity masking as socializing and "living life to the fullest." "FIND YOUR CALLING..." as the world burns.
But then I look around and I cannot believe I'd ever be able to compartmentalize that hard just to keep on existing.
I like this. Unpack it, please. I want to hear how you explain it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkover, sserafim, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
Daughter of Sorrow

Daughter of Sorrow

Nov 1, 2023
Well, I am going to have to disagree. I have and continue to deal with depression and PTSD. Life sucks sometimes. I suffer sometimes. Though I would say I suffer less now than I did a decade ago.

However, I have found purpose and meaning even in that suffering that has given me cause to continue on. Suppose you were on an airplane diving for the ground, to me that would be the best time to listen to my favorite song, one last time. I used to think that I wanted happiness. Well, I stopped trying for that goal. I looked for the meaning in suffering, the things that would make the misery 'worth it' so to speak. I have found it. I have my faith, my family, a cat that I love very much (who would eat me if I died). I help others who are struggling and suffering, too. I have hobbies, too. I took up silversmithing recently, making jewelry. There's something very satisfying in making something beautiful that will last even when I am gone.

I agree that society is well and truly screwed up. Personally, I am waiting for the day the revolution comes and the billionaire class gets put up against a wall. But things can change, things have changed in the past, and will continue to change in the future. Maybe in the future people won't be calling for my extermination because I am trans. I used to want to kill myself because of that. Now? I don't want to give those assholes the satisfaction.

I'm not trying to say that your opinion or experiences are not valid. We all have a different path laid out for us to trod. We might even be on the same path, in a sense; I just have made it further along. For I once thought exactly as you did.

Reactions: Byebyemap, Darkover, HaHaSoLame and 1 other person