eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
You have no control over what social class, nationality, gender and parents you are born into. Some people luck out and are born healthy with rich parents in a developed country. Other people are born sick, poor and to abusive parents.

Not to mention all the things that can and do go wrong during the course of your life. The worst part of it all is that other people decided to gamble with your life. You have zero say in whether you are born and what kind of circumstances you are raised in.

I watched a movie called 'Children of Men' recently and the story shows what society could look like if everyone suddenly became sterile. To me that would be the greatest thing that could happen to humanity. Billions of suffering lives would never have to exist.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Roseate, Lost Magic, demuic and 27 others
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
I totally agree. I dont understand life patterns

• Love
Reactions: Trannydiary and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Exactly. Nothing makes sense.

I don't understand why we really exist if we're all gonna die anyway.

There should be nothing instead of something.

Everything is so weird! We can't control anything.

We're just forced to exist in X environment.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost Magic, Life is pointless, Trannydiary and 4 others
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
This. I dont understand why people are still allowed to have kids, this world is a clown show.

Reactions: demuic, Life is pointless, allwasnotwell and 3 others
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
Life is a numbers game, it gets to me too.

If you take a single generation, there is guaranteed to be a number of them who are born with or develop a disease, who end up raped and/or abused, who become injured, or are born into poverty. On a less cataphoric note, many people live lives of prolonged misery. As you said in your post, people deem this risk acceptable. A pertinent quote from David Benatar-

"A charmed life is so rare that for every one such life there are millions of wretched lives. Some know that their baby will be among the unfortunate. Nobody knows, however, that their baby will be one of the allegedly lucky few. Great suffering could await any person that is brought into existence. Even the most privileged people could give birth to a child that will suffer unbearably, be raped, assaulted, or be murdered brutally. The optimist surely bears the burden of justifying this procreational Russian roulette. Given that there are no real advantages over never existing for those who are brought into existence, it is hard to see how the significant risk of serious harm could be justified. If we count not only the unusually severe harms that anybody could endure, but also the quite routine ones of ordinary human life, then we find that matters are still worse for cheery procreators. It shows that they play Russian roulette with a fully loaded gun—aimed, of course, not at their own heads, but at those of their future offspring."

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, it's_all_a_game, demuic and 11 others
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
It shows that they play Russian roulette with a fully loaded gun—aimed, of course, not at their own heads, but at those of their future offspring.

This is a great quote. It succinctly describes my jumbled thoughts into a single line.

Everyone knows life is shit but somehow pretends otherwise. It is like the story of the emperor's new clothes. Everyone is too afraid to admit the obvious.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, it's_all_a_game, demuic and 1 other person
L

lonerclown666

Mage
Dec 1, 2020
How you look is how people will treat you if you are ugly or average you are the worst ever if you look pretty you can be bad all you want and people will still forgive you

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
And the shitty thing is you had no choice but to play! It looks like I picked the shortest strawl hence why I'm here.

Reactions: fkyou and Life is pointless
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, that is very accurate. At least in the grand scheme of things, this life is nothing in comparison to the eternal nothingness of death. Life is most pointless thing ever, we suffer for the sake of suffering.

Aeathelina

Aeathelina

Little Homeless Girl
Feb 5, 2020
Yep and 9/10 you'll be dealt a shit hand and work to survive until your body dies at the age of whatever

Predestinated

Predestinated

Student
Jan 9, 2019
You have no control over what social class, nationality, gender and parents you are born into. Some people luck out and are born healthy with rich parents in a developed country. Other people are born sick, poor and to abusive parents.

Not to mention all the things that can and do go wrong during the course of your life. The worst part of it all is that other people decided to gamble with your life. You have zero say in whether you are born and what kind of circumstances you are raised in.

I watched a movie called 'Children of Men' recently and the story shows what society could look like if everyone suddenly became sterile. To me that would be the greatest thing that could happen to humanity. Billions of suffering lives would never have to exist.
antinatalism

S

Some1's_Wasted_Fetus

Student
Mar 20, 2021
100% agree. My "legacy" will end with me. I refuse to create descendants who will suffer just like me or anyone else on this planet. It's fucked up but I can't control how my kids will look, how society will treat them, or what opportunities they will be given. In life, the opportunities are either there or they aren't. It's 100% luck. If my child was born with a debilitating condition that made life extremely painful for them I wouldn't be able to live with myself. If I was still forced to come into this world and I was told how the world would be I would've at least liked to select my difficulty, and circumstances myself

Reactions: fkyou and demuic