A clown 🤡
Jan 2, 2023
How do you keep doing what you do? How can you have the energy just to have the activity you have on this forum? I have no motivation or energy for anything, the few things i do like eating, bathing, playing games, watching videos, talking to few people, rarely going out... it's more like out of obligation than anything else because at the moment i have no real chance of getting out of this. The only thing i truly want is to rest in peace but i am too tired even to do it, adding to that the fact that people make it very difficult.

Do you still enjoy even a few things? because i don't. In fact for as long as i can remember it was very rare for me to enjoy or feel interest on anything. Most of what I've done in this life so far has been because that's what society and people expect of me, not because i really want to do it.

I feel frustrated to think that i had no chance to choose whether i wanted to be born or not and now people around me make it unnecessarily difficult to rest in peace. It is as if i am being told that i don't own my life, that i am only a mere instrument for emotional, economic and productive purposes for other people and in the end i will be discarded when i'm old and useless to them.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Specific_Milk, Homo erectus, slumberinflowers and 15 others
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
We actually choose to be in physical form, but forgot, to make it seem real, to experience ourselves as something formed and limited, to then later ( at "death"/re-merging with Infinite Love) remember and comprehend what We Really Are. Because in the absence of what you are not, What You Are, is not. (This is a dreamscape where we as Spiritual Beings get to have a human experience in order to fully appreciate our Unlimited Nature by living through a pretend game of life and death, hide and seek). It's All Love, babe.

Reactions: Ontwon
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
We actually choose to be in physical form, but forgot, to make it seem real, to experience ourselves as something formed and limited, to then later ( at "death"/re-merging with Infinite Love) remember and comprehend what We Really Are. Because in the absence of what you are not, What You Are, is not. (This is a dreamscape where we as Spiritual Beings get to have a human experience in order to fully appreciate our Unlimited Nature by living through a pretend game of life and death, hide and seek). It's All Love, babe.
How'd you come up with that?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: dreamscape1111 and Lost in a Dream
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
That's how I feel about it too. I never asked nor consented to be here (and if I did, then why the fuck don't I remember?), and pro-lifers want to make living mandatory, despite our struggles and the desire some people have to leave peacefully.
It is as if i am being told that i don't own my life, that i am only a mere instrument for emotional, economic and productive purposes for other people and in the end i will be discarded when i'm old and useless to them.

Unfortunately, this seems to be an accurate description of what life is like. Some people don't see it this way, but there's others who refuse to see it this way, because they probably don't want to believe that suicide is sometimes rational, and have their mind changed about it.

The only reason I'm still here now, is because there are a few things I still get enjoyment out of, and I'm choosing to exist for the present, for myself. That's something we can only really do when we're already here unfortunately, but choosing the opposite isn't allowed, which is stupid when there's people on this Earth already dying from horrible diseases, but they're forced to stay alive by selfish family members and greedy doctors.

I was about to ask this, but didn't want to derail the thread. I'm curious as well, since most religious people can't demonstrate that anything they say is true. It's just a bunch of unfalsifiable claims at the very least. Sure, it's possible to point to examples of people claiming to remembering past lives, but that is a rarity from what I can tell.

I'd also like to ask, if we did choose to exist, but we weren't allowed or able to remember, then how would they know that the reason was to "make it seem real". If there is any truth to dreamscape's claims, then it's more than likely that our memories were erased by whatever gods or spirits sold the idea of life to us, so we wouldn't realize that our ability to choose was a sham in the first place. The most likely scenario, however, is that we never existed before we were born. Whether or not we will stop existing again after death is impossible to know for sure.

Edited to add some final thoughts and to fix some typos. I can't type today for some reason haha!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hollowman, Tobacco and ApparentlyNot
ApparentlyNot

ApparentlyNot

Thanks for all the cats.
Jul 8, 2023
I have nothing of value to say, just that I relate to this a lot. It's hard to put up with life's suffering when you can't enjoy even the things that you "like." And I think most of us know the horror of not being able to have bodily autonomy or even freedom of speech when it comes to suicide.

"They tell us that Suicide is the greatest piece of Cowardice... That Suicide is wrong; when it is quite obvious that there is nothing in this world to which every man has a more unassailable title than to his own life and person."
- Ya boi Arthur Schopenhauer

I'm sorry you feel like this, sending you a virtual hug, or just positive vibes if you're not a hugger.

Reactions: floralheaddress, pthnrdnojvsc, loopdaloop and 1 other person
Tobacco

Tobacco

Efilist. Possible promortalist.
Jan 14, 2023
When I realize that I have to be in this rat race for 50+ years only to be a slave to the well being of others I feel a strange kind of fatigue in my soul.

• Hugs
Reactions: floralheaddress, foreverfalling, Hollowman and 1 other person
V

verybabybunny

May 11, 2023
I've never understood how people believe in stuff like that. It's a nice thought. Wish I could. Truly. I've tried.

Before you were born, before your brain developed the ability to experience consciousness, it was all black. Nothing to see. Touch. Feel. Smell. Nothing to experience.

To top this off, your consciousness; who you are, your family, EVERYONE you know and EVERYTHING you've done, are stored in a teeny tiny, very easily damageable part of your brain. The brain is tissue. When you're dead it'll decay until it's nothing.

Even if there was something to experience after death, you'd lack the consciousness to experience it, save for the 7 minute flashbacks we are proven to experience as the brain takes its last breaths of oxygen.

It was black before. It'll be black after.

• Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Hollowman, locked*n*loaded and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
This sounds very Wiccan.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
So much of it is pure obligation for me now. I'm just about to go to work. I'm dreading it. I'm already tired- despite having rested fully. I know I'll be utterly exhausted by the time I get home. Still- I'm looking forward to this evening- to be able to just lie in bed and do nothing but watch YouTube. I find life is often about contrast. You think one thing is awful until you end up having to do something even worse! The only reason I do certain things is because the alternative feels worse. If I don't work, I'll have to sponge off of my parents and go through that enormous guilt trip. If I CTB- I know it would devastate my Dad. So- for now- I'm stuck here, working. I just have to grab the more pleasurable times when I can for now- like everyone else I guess. But I feel the same- I resent being alive!

• Hugs
Reactions: Tobacco
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I see existence itself as being such a burden and a terrible curse, there's nothing appealing about having the ability to suffer endlessly in this futile process of waiting around to die. I just think that existence itself is completely undesirable in general, it's the true problem and it does disgust me how people wish to deny those who are aware of all this the option of a peaceful way to escape from all the suffering.

T

Tableleg0

Jul 15, 2023
I kind of agree, like, I don't see it as an inherent truth so much as an opinion. Like, some people like meat, some people don't, both of those are equally valid. In the same vein, some people like being alive, some people don't, and those are essentially equally valid opinions. I feel like fewer people would kill themselves in general if society was more open to the "life isn't really worth living" thing and just offered those people like, morphine or whatever. Something to make being alive worth it in a way that no normal stimulus can.

Reactions: Homo erectus
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
Didn't come up with anything, just reporting from my direct experience.

How about you prove to me that you exist, are a human being, are alive, live on planet Earth, and are a body?
Now... who's coming up with fantasies now? ;)

Tao Te Ching – Verse 41

When a superior man hears of the Tao,
he immediately begins to embody it.
When an average man hears of the Tao,
he half believes it, half doubts it.
When a foolish man hears of the Tao,
he laughs out loud.
If he didn't laugh,
it wouldn't be the Tao.

Thus it is said:
The path into the light seems dark,
the path forward seems to go back,
the direct path seems long,
true power seems weak,
true purity seems tarnished,
true steadfastness seems changeable,
true clarity seems obscure,
the greatest art seems unsophisticated,
the greatest love seems indifferent,
the greatest wisdom seems childish.

The Tao is nowhere to be found.
Yet it nourishes and completes all things.

~ Lao Tzu ~

H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
Didn't come up with anything, just reporting from my direct experience.

How about you prove to me that you exist, are a human being, are alive, live on planet Earth, and are a body?
Now... who's coming up with fantasies now? ;)

Tao Te Ching – Verse 41

When a superior man hears of the Tao,
he immediately begins to embody it.
When an average man hears of the Tao,
he half believes it, half doubts it.
When a foolish man hears of the Tao,
he laughs out loud.
If he didn't laugh,
it wouldn't be the Tao.

Thus it is said:
The path into the light seems dark,
the path forward seems to go back,
the direct path seems long,
true power seems weak,
true purity seems tarnished,
true steadfastness seems changeable,
true clarity seems obscure,
the greatest art seems unsophisticated,
the greatest love seems indifferent,
the greatest wisdom seems childish.

The Tao is nowhere to be found.
Yet it nourishes and completes all things.

~ Lao Tzu ~
I don't exist I'm dead inside.

• Hugs
Reactions: dreamscape1111
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
I'm dead inside.
Sorry to hear you're currently not remembering your unlimited nature as love, may you fall back in love with yourself and life again very soon, dear friend.
What makes you feel alive? Anything in the past that made you feel connected and engaged with life? <3