Whitewash11235814

Whitewash11235814

Experienced
Oct 21, 2019
We just exist for no good reason. And if there was a reason, it's unknown and left to faith. I was never disciplined and saw little to no good reason to exert energy. Why Spend hours on homework doodling on paper about something you give 0 fucks about? Four year college after that? And if u have no passion, it's just another torturous road.
Unfortunately, you gotta think many years ahead in time or else you won't move an inch... and that starts at an early age. The reward and pain system is grossly unbalanced. I had a job once, and it was a terrible experience. It was certainly not worth the income. The existential problems are even more puzzling than the construct itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Superdeterminist, illbeinthegarage, Zappfe lover and 3 others
SoIntoYou

SoIntoYou

Pillowman
Jul 9, 2020
Earth exists as an energy garden to maximize suffering.

Reactions: conveniently_dead, Ashwee73, existenceispain88 and 2 others
Whitewash11235814

Whitewash11235814

Experienced
Oct 21, 2019
@SoIntoYou It's run by psychopaths?

SoIntoYou

SoIntoYou

Pillowman
Jul 9, 2020
@SoIntoYou It's run by psychopaths?
It's feeling the top-down stress from higher entities that feed off of negative energy. The psychopaths that appear to be running the world are part of this top-down pyramid.

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Life is full of suffering then comes an inevitable death. Life is inherently wrong and bad. A poor construct and a bad design.

Reactions: conveniently_dead, Existingnotliving, Ashwee73 and 2 others
agentgeez

agentgeez

Student
Jun 30, 2020
I think about the idea of 'discipline' and the reward/pain system quite a bit. Others often chide people like you who feel this way by saying: "If you experience too much pleasure, even the slightest discomfort is unimaginable; you must experience pain to experience pleasure". I don't think this kind of thinking makes sense in practice, though. If you do put yourself through genuine pain in order to 'balance things out', you've gained nothing. The problem was pain to begin with; how does exposing yourself to more change anything, other than making normal existence seem heavenly by comparison, and even then only for a short time? If I follow that logic I should spend 90% of my life on hot coals because then it makes the other 10% look really good. That's why I can't accept that kind of thinking. Not to mention that people like us are unhappy to begin with; people act as if not participating in work means we're living in pleasure and happiness at our homes, which would be why we'd hate to do work, but in actuality the reason is because we're too tired and weary of life to be active in it. So it's clear that a life of unhappiness doesn't make everything feel good in comparison; what about actually happy people then? In my experience, people who rate their lives as happy aren't undergoing monk training and torture in order to get those moments of happiness. It's more like a passive happiness, and although my memories might be rose-tinted, the closest thing I've felt to that is certain parts of my childhood. My happiness then was indeed just something that happened on its own, with no 'exchange' necessary in terms of pain. Anyway, I just wanted to expand on that, since the idea of discipline and pain/pleasure plays a lot into the structure of life these days in terms of what we're supposed to accept, when the problem actually lies elsewhere.

Reactions: not4us, ForcedLifeResistant, Zappfe lover and 3 others
ForcedLifeResistant

ForcedLifeResistant

Jul 12, 2020
Until death, there's really no respite. Trying to disengage from all the world demands of you becomes its own tedious chore, at some point. My answer has been to make finding that respite my primary motivation for doing anything, despite however insurmountable a task that may be. This way, even though my life will still consist of tedious chores (for a time), my motivations for completing them will be to meet my own wayward goals instead of those prescribed to me by a world of provincial interests.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I agree on a fundamental and philosophical level. We simply just exist (without any say or consent) and then we go through the motions of the society and world we live in, then we just die at the end. Therefore, I always hold the nihilistic view that life has no objective meaning, and that humans are just like animals at the most primal level, eat, sleep, reproduce, and then during the process (which is one's lifespan, time alive) either enhance or worsen the process for other fellow human beings around us.

Reactions: Outsider and Whitewash11235814
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Living sucks and there isn't enough good anime to make up for it

Reactions: Whitewash11235814
Whitewash11235814

Whitewash11235814

Experienced
Oct 21, 2019
@cryptic__egg funny dude. XD
I agree on a fundamental and philosophical level. We simply just exist (without any say or consent) and then we go through the motions of the society and world we live in, then we just die at the end. Therefore, I always hold the nihilistic view that life has no objective meaning, and that humans are just like animals at the most primal level, eat, sleep, reproduce, and then during the process (which is one's lifespan, time alive) either enhance or worsen the process for other fellow human beings around us.
Yep, I agree.

Last edited: