kelimackie

kelimackie

bleh
Sep 22, 2023
I am thinking about setting up a life insurance on my name for my family to have some money after I die.

In my country they still are obligated to pay, even if you CTB, but you have to wait 2 years after you set the insurance to actually kill yourself.

I think this will be even more of an incentive for me to try live happy for a few time and to then go, at least I will have no regrets about making my family pay funeral costs.

• Hugs
Reactions: Necron, Kit1 and edu0z
todeswunsch

todeswunsch

On overtime in life
Oct 19, 2023
I also need to wait 2 years for the insure cover. I'm not sure I'm up to wait for that.
They don't actually need it and this won't reduce their pain so I'm not that worried by that.
The insurance would be a nice bonus, tho.

Reactions: Kit1
kelimackie

kelimackie

bleh
Sep 22, 2023
I also need to wait 2 years for the insure cover. I'm not sure I'm up to wait for that.
They don't actually need it and this won't reduce their pain so I'm not that worried by that.
The insurance would be a nice bonus, tho.
I feel like my family would probably see it as a slap in their faces, they would probably think "she thought this money would ease the pain, but she was more valuable than this", or something like that, but it's better than to pay out of pocket for a funeral you weren't expecting

Reactions: Kit1 and todeswunsch
todeswunsch

todeswunsch

On overtime in life
Oct 19, 2023
I feel like my family would probably see it as a slap in their faces, they would probably think "she thought this money would ease the pain, but she was more valuable than this", or something like that, but it's better than to pay out of pocket for a funeral you weren't expecting
When I talked about my life insurance my father said clearly that he didn't want that money (considering what it implies).
He knows that I'm suicidal, so I got his message. But as you said, it helps to cover the costs. As the death is unavoidable anyways...

Reactions: Kit1 and kelimackie
alwayssearching202

alwayssearching202

Dec 6, 2023
Does anyone in the US working for a large employer know if the two year waiting period is included for policies through your company? I am not seeking legal or plan advice. I understand I need to look at my specific benefit package. Just can't login to my work computer right now to access and if other US multinational employees weigh in and say there is a chance, I will take the chance to login. If the consensus is this is typically standard whether through a personal or employer provided policy I will wait until all of my supplies arrive and are tested.

Decided98

Decided98

“All life is a near death experience.”
Dec 27, 2022
I have to wait till October mines 13 months did it in September this year but I'm gonna do it in November I think. Excited and nervous

N

Necron

Dec 19, 2023
This is interesting, never thought about it. Had been pretty sure, that CTB would be a special case where life insurance wouldnt work.
I need to do some research about it, but it would also be waste of money, if I paid for 12 months for the life insurance and then totally go insane, not being able to continue this mess and CTB. Its a bit difficult to plan a CTB so far in the future, espescially when you are suffering right now.