F

FindingHome

Student
Aug 4, 2023
Does anyone have a hard time expressing their needs and communicating with people. I feel if I am comfortable with someone I can talk to them openly (very few people I am comfortable with) and with a majority of people I have a hard time expressing my needs and communicating with people. Any advice on what I can do and is this something anyone here struggles with?

At this point in my life I am extremely suicidal and am waiting to CTB when I am fully prepared. I just don't ever see myself living in this world. Life is not for me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: jemetire, Forever Sleep, Rational man and 2 others
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
Yes, I have a hard time communicating with people. Whenever I want to speak, I cannot form sentences properly but instead I stumble all over my words. I don't communicate with anyone besides my family and psychotherapists. Sadly I don't have an answer as I'm in the same boat.

• Aww..
Reactions: Rational man
bloodblacknothing

bloodblacknothing

from stardust, to stardust
Jul 16, 2023
i feel similarly, so you're not alone in that regard. i'm mostly nonverbal unless i absolutely have to speak; texting is easier for me, but the anxiety of constantly going over the right words in my head still transfers over. asking for help is really, really hard, so i tend to just suffer in silence. it's a weird feeling, like you're about to explode from all the pressure under the surface, and you know that you just need to say something -- but, you just can't do it. forcing words up and out of your throat shouldn't be so hard, but it really is.

i wish i had a real solution for you. i am proud of you for posting this, and i really hope someone is able to give you some more meaningful advice.

• Aww..
Reactions: Rational man
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
Are you sensing something about other people that makes you feel uncomfortable when trying to talk openly?. Ive found that most people are not really worth talking to, at least with me. I suppose im really a deep thinker and most people dont want to engage me. Rather they talk small talk about mindless trivia. Since my illness began in 2021, I really dont care what others think. But one friend does understand my complicated persona and he doesnt judge me. I think one good friend is a start but of course its not every day we meet people like that.

Reactions: FindingHome