Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

If I am no good , then let me out
Jun 30, 2019
Life asked death , "Why do people love me , but hate you" ? Death responded , "Because you are a beautiful lie and I am a painful truth "

I wanted some opinions on this little quote

It is a strange one , as the girl who posted this on my feed is a positive and spiritual person who is very much in to yoga

She was in my class at primary school

What do you think would motivate a positive girl like her to post words like that ?

For the record , I heartily agree with the quote when it says that life is a lie

Last edited:
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Honestly I think life's got a lot of nerve waltzing in with a question like that. Not everyone hates death. Look at the ancient Egyptians! Look at Pure Land Buddhists. Look at us. Now fuzz off, life!

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
FohPah

FohPah

Student
Dec 7, 2019
I feel like I first saw this on /r/im14andthisisdeep. It's the kind of thing that's hard to tell if someone is posting it earnestly or mockingly.

Reactions: a_strange_day
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
she might still enjoy & appreciate the 'beautiful lie' as many people do- but also accepts that death is an ultimate 'truth', in that it will happen to each and everyone of us. Many of the Stoics such as Seneca would talk about death- accepting it (as part of life), acknowledging it and not fearing it- not because they thought everyone should off themselves or that it means life has value, but rather in calling attention to death-we might strive or hope to live more fully. Here is a Stoic quote as an example that I think illustrates this point: "No man can escape his destiny, the next inquiry being how he may best live the time that he has to live."

Reactions: Brick In The Wall