Ashe

Ashe

Born to suffer for others
Sep 20, 2023
I'm curious to see what others believe what happens to us after we die. Personally I've bounced between the belief that it's just a vast void of nothingness like when falling asleep or if our conciousness gets reincarnated into a new life. Either way whatever happens is something we can truly never know but it does bring some ease that whenever it happens to be my time to go that it'll be me at peace accepting what happens next.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, peachchildtenshi and AntHills
R

Retroguy

Sep 10, 2023
Personally I think it's eternal unconsciousnes.

Like think how you felt in 500 bc or in 1492 or in 1776.
It will be the same.

Reactions: sserafim, Immensevoid, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
I believe in non-existence which is maybe why I'm appealed to want to CTB. I think there's nothing kind of how it was before I was forced to be born. To me that sounds incredibly ideal and realistic so I'll more than likely continue that belief.

Reactions: sserafim, DeadlineDialer, cscott and 3 others
Ashe

Ashe

Sep 20, 2023
I believe in non-existence which is maybe why I'm appealed to want to CTB. I think there's nothing kind of how it was before I was forced to be born. To me that sounds incredibly ideal and realistic so I'll more than likely continue that belief.
I honestly respect that and same some of the same sentiments. I knew nothing of my conciousness before I was born and I think it'd make me happy if I were to die tomorrow that I would just slip back into the nothingness.

Reactions: wastingtime, DeadlineDialer, cscott and 1 other person
F

Falling Slowly

Student
Sep 9, 2023
I'm curious to see what others believe what happens to us after we die. Personally I've bounced between the belief that it's just a vast void of nothingness like when falling asleep or if our conciousness gets reincarnated into a new life. Either way whatever happens is something we can truly never know but it does bring some ease that whenever it happens to be my time to go that it'll be me at peace accepting what happens next.

Your consciousness might reincarnate into a new life (in which case your consciousness may have been in other people before you). But I think death is the end of the 'you', existence terminated. You will be at peace in the sense that you'll be gone forever.

That whole becoming a vast void of nothingness doesn't appeal, who wants to become a void of nothingness for eternity?
Going to a 'heaven' for eternity doesn't appeal either, what if it's boring and you're stuck in it for eternity? Religious people haven't really thought about the whole eternity thing.

Reincarnating into this world as new people each time after death might appeal to some people, others obviously view this place as a hellhole and wouldn't want to keep coming back to it.

Reactions: sserafim, avaruus, AntHills and 1 other person
Ashe

Ashe

Sep 20, 2023
Your consciousness might reincarnate into a new life (in which case your consciousness may have been in other people before you). But I think death is the end of the 'you', existence terminated. You will be at peace in the sense that you'll be gone forever.

That whole becoming a vast void of nothingness doesn't appeal, who wants to become a void of nothingness for eternity?
Going to a 'heaven' for eternity doesn't appeal either, what if it's boring and you're stuck in it for eternity? Religious people haven't really thought about the whole eternity thing.

Reincarnating into this world as new people each time after death might appeal to some people, others obviously view this place as a hellhole and wouldn't want to keep coming back to it.
That was really eloquently put which is why I have a hard time bouncing between both lines of belief because know that the existence of me is over makes me wonder which kind of living being I'll become in my next life even though I'll have none of my present thoughts or experiences. I do believe that this world we live in at this current point in time is absolute hell and that wanting to spend an eternity either living out different lives or simply be apart of an endless void free from myself are things I've not completely come to terms with yet.

edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
Personally I think it's eternal unconsciousnes.

Like think how you felt in 500 bc or in 1492 or in 1776.
It will be the same.
In 1776 I felt good

Reactions: DeadlineDialer
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
I believe that there is nothing. Like falling asleep, or going under anesthesia-- you're not aware of anything. It's the same as before you were born. To me, this makes the most sense. But in truth, no one really knows for sure. And anyone who claims that they have "the answer" is lying. Because no one knows! Any theory is just as likely as another: reincarnation, heaven/hell, eternal sleep, alternate universe-- all of these are equally plausible and possible.

Reactions: wastingtime and sserafim
R

Retroguy

Sep 10, 2023
In 1776 I felt good
Because of the American Revolution?

What you meant to say is that you didn' feel ANYTHING in 1776.
Because you didn't exist.
The same will be true in 2176.

Talles

Talles

Mar 3, 2023
I am an occultist, so I subscribe to the idea that our time here is merely an experience. It is heaven for some and hell for others but I would consider it better than some places I have seen.
If anyone were to ask me, I'd say the general idea of what happens after death is difficult to conceive as the equation of each person's afterlife has many variables.
A certain notion of my fate after passing, in a way, makes it easier to accept my actions. It was the first thing I was taught - not to fear death, and accept it instead.
It is funny and sad, how long we take to learn our lessons.

Reactions: wastingtime and sserafim
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
Because of the American Revolution?

What you meant to say is that you didn' feel ANYTHING in 1776.
Because you didn't exist.
The same will be true in 2176.
PD:*whispering: it was a joke, friend :)

• Yay!
Reactions: DeadlineDialer and Talles
Kta1994

Kta1994

Experienced
Apr 25, 2019
I do believe in reincarnation but i think its a choice

Reactions: sserafim and Jan1193
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I very strongly believe we just completely cease existing, death is nothing more than an eternal and dreamless sleep and the thought of this comforts me so much. It really sounds so peaceful and perfect to not exist for all eternity, it's all I've ever wished for, I see nothingness as being something so beautiful as it's the end to all harm and suffering, everything is forgotten about and instead there is peace.

Jan1193

Jan1193

I want no limitations for my soul
Sep 18, 2023
I'm not relative about the non-existence idea, probably because my big ego. I like to think that I would take a ride across the universe and their most wonderfull places after letting my body and this world full of... bullsh*t. But that's so fantastic, even if that's my soul really wants.

I'm not a fan about the reincarnation, because I would hate to come back in this hell just to "take a lession" that I can't understand in the past life. I seriously refuse to come back in flesh and bone if I have the option. The existance by force is a tragedy and a hell instead.

loterius

loterius

Sep 21, 2023
I very strongly believe we just completely cease existing, death is nothing more than an eternal and dreamless sleep and the thought of this comforts me so much. It really sounds so peaceful and perfect to not exist for all eternity, it's all I've ever wished for, I see nothingness as being something so beautiful as it's the end to all harm and suffering, everything is forgotten about and instead there is peace.
Me too. I dont believe in any form of life after death too. That you will come back is a big illusion and will not happen in any form. Thats a very good feeling knowing my exintion and this continues suffering will end forever when i finish it once and for all.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and cscott
A

ae300

Sep 16, 2023
I'm curious to see what others believe what happens to us after we die
It happens the same as every day in a human body. In the human body, over 50 billions cells die every day and are transported away, fall away or are excreted. Do you notice anything about them? Have they ever written you a postcard? The atoms are available for other things and may be incorporated into other processes. Where do you think the atoms in your body comes from? In fact, at the atomic level, we are just a product made up of waste products from other processes. And there we go again. I don't know why such a spiritual thing is always made about it. If I can still think about churches or sects, then the suffering that leads to suicide is not great enough and I have to ask myself whether my problems can't be solved in another way.

Reactions: wastingtime
Ashe

Ashe

Sep 20, 2023
It happens the same as every day in a human body. In the human body, over 50 billions cells die every day and are transported away, fall away or are excreted. Do you notice anything about them? Have they ever written you a postcard? The atoms are available for other things and may be incorporated into other processes. Where do you think the atoms in your body comes from? In fact, at the atomic level, we are just a product made up of waste products from other processes. And there we go again. I don't know why such a spiritual thing is always made about it. If I can still think about churches or sects, then the suffering that leads to suicide is not great enough and I have to ask myself whether my problems can't be solved in another way.
I'm not sure if im parsing what you said correctly but I don't believe that such things are purely that of spirituallity. It doesn't hold anything lesser value if we want to have peace of mind that what happens after our passing, it's human nature because we're curious creatures always asking questions to have a better understanding of things.

Reactions: loterius
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I am an occultist, so I subscribe to the idea that our time here is merely an experience. It is heaven for some and hell for others but I would consider it better than some places I have seen.
If anyone were to ask me, I'd say the general idea of what happens after death is difficult to conceive as the equation of each person's afterlife has many variables.
A certain notion of my fate after passing, in a way, makes it easier to accept my actions. It was the first thing I was taught - not to fear death, and accept it instead.
It is funny and sad, how long we take to learn our lessons.
Wdym by an "occultist"? It sounds interesting. Btw, what kind of variables? Do you think that the afterlife is specific to the person then rather than a streamlined process?

ddn.ctb

ddn.ctb

Waiting to step off in front of an audience
Sep 9, 2023
I just have the general believe is that being dead is simply not existing anymore. There is no consciousness and you are just waiting to become compost sometime soon.

Reactions: spinningmyself