• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Quitter

Quitter

Sep 4, 2019
"Hey, how's it going?"
"I'm great, thanks for asking! [Hopefully I'll get run over by a truck and die on impact any day now]"

"I haven't really heard from you lately."
"Haha, yeah, I've been busy... [literally binged a whole Netflix series without getting up from the bed except to eat and shit because you're miserable and a chronic escapist]"

"So, what are you up to?"
"Oh, you know, I'm doing [something productive you gave up a long time ago but are too embarrassed to tell anyone]"

Anyone else lie constantly?

• Hugs
Reactions: Thanatos, weeks of the day, GemCami and 12 others
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
Every minute of every day, I hate my fake smile!

• Hugs
Reactions: Beautifulletdown, burnedCookie, Quitter and 1 other person
Boochky

Boochky

Fat, bipolar, and hairy. (Sorry boys, Iโ€™m taken.)
Feb 23, 2019
All the time. Everything from I love you to I'm sick. I have no more fucks to give.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Numbtopain97, Beautifulletdown and Quitter
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
I still use the excuse of an operation I had 2 years ago not to go out

• Hugs
Reactions: Numbtopain97, burnedCookie, Beautifulletdown and 2 others
S

Soundgarden

Sep 15, 2019
Yeah, every day. It's all a part of the dance of life (ok, I actually mean death).

On the other hand, I would not want to hear all about other people's problems when I casually ask them how they're doing.

I guess if you have one person in your life to whom you can answer truthfully, then.... that is a lot! But how many of us have that?
@Stan Off topic
I actually considered Munch's painting as my avatar :-)

Reactions: burnedCookie, The.End and Quitter
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
I do not lie but tell the part of the truth that others wish to hear or will be able to accept.
Q: "How are you (doing/feeling)?"
A: "As usual."
Q: "What's new?"
A: "Nothing interesting."
Though, usually no one is interested in my condition.

• Hugs
Reactions: Numbtopain97, burnedCookie and Quitter
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
thankfully no one asks me how I am or what I am up too, I am ignored by all, saves awkward conversations I don't want!

• Aww..
Reactions: Skathon, burnedCookie and Quitter
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
As my shrink of the time told me, suicidal ideation is perfectly ok and just because you have a thought does not mean you have to act on it. So when asked, I am honest and say, yeah, every day. When that doesn't happen anymore, I will be the first to admit it.

My stock answer is, plodding along because that is what I do. I dont bore people with my issues as mostly, they dont want to hear them anyway. The lie is not in the answers, but in the questions. Most people outside of this place dont give a fuck if you are suicidal or depressed or not. Its just platitudes, meaningless.

• Hugs
Reactions: Quitter
B

burnedCookie

Student
Aug 8, 2019
I don't have to lie anymore since I no longer have a social life. But when I still had one then yes, it was easier to lie than to explain myself and my choices.

Reactions: Quitter and GemCami
A

andy69

Experienced
May 23, 2019
"Hey, how's it going?"
"I'm great, thanks for asking! [Hopefully I'll get run over by a truck and die on impact any day now]"

"I haven't really heard from you lately."
"Haha, yeah, I've been busy... [literally binged a whole Netflix series without getting up from the bed except to eat and shit because you're miserable and a chronic escapist]"

"So, what are you up to?"
"Oh, you know, I'm doing [something productive you gave up a long time ago but are too embarrassed to tell anyone]"

Anyone else lie constantly?

Don't feel bad about these types of lies. The person asking the the questions probably doesn't really want to know the truth. It is just a social convention people perform.

Reactions: Wayfaerer, Quitter and cryptic_cynic
Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
24/7 my only aim in life atm is act like I'm fine,"normal", fake smiling so much. I'm mentally exhausted everyday. I'm being made to go to my bf family meal on Saturday. A whole night of wearing my mask. I can't do it. I get asked if I'm ok, and most of the time before I can even think to lie and say I'm fine. The subject is changed straight to them. I know 0 f**** are felt about me, which is fine cuz I give 0 about my self. I cannot trust anyone. Sigh.

• Aww..
Alchemist

Alchemist

Warlock
Apr 3, 2019
It's normal to me. I just can't speak to other in person, even if I want to. Just dealing with people over the phone is hard enough, so I just use the usual pretend I'm okay to deal with it. I seems to be the way most people like it anyway since the moment there's a complaint they leave.

Reactions: burnedCookie and Quitter
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
I'm constantly lying aswell, it's become a routine. I'm even starting to believe my own lies and the facade I put on.

GemCami

GemCami

Incomplete
Sep 10, 2019
I cant even lie...im too tired and stressed and exhsusted to smile. Or to lie. I just avoid everything...

• Hugs
weeks of the day

weeks of the day

๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ?
Apr 1, 2019
Yeah. Saying that I'm feeling great in response to someone asking how I am is much easier than telling the truth. At some point it's going to look off that I'm supposedly fine all the time...

Quitter

Quitter

Sep 4, 2019
Yeah. Saying that I'm feeling great in response to someone asking how I am is much easier than telling the truth. At some point it's going to look off that I'm supposedly fine all the time...

You just gotta throw in a few token "aw today I feel a tad under the weather :/"

Reactions: weeks of the day
weeks of the day

weeks of the day

๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ?
Apr 1, 2019
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yes, it is incredibly frustrating and tiring (a good amount of time) to have to put a front just to keep others from meddling into my business and my personal life. However, to me it is a necessary action, not because I enjoy doing so nor because I like to, but because I have to if I don't want intervention or interference in my plans in the future. All I know is that if I lose my opportunity, means of escape, then I will resort to the next reliable method, which won't be as effective and could possibly result in collateral damage. That is something I wish to avoid, so until I CTB, if and when that time comes, I will always have to play it low key. It sucks but this is the most effective strategy that us rationally suicidal people have to be.

I also steer clear of arguing or debating these things with people who are around me IRL because I don't want to send any "red flags" to them to take action against me. It isn't fair and I do harbor a lot of resentment against them and their "well meaning" intentions because more oftenly than not, it's about what makes them happy, not sad, not about my interests.

Reactions: White_Room293 and Skathon