Oct 2, 2023
im three weeks in almost 4 and need to refill, on 10mg

honestly feel worse or i guess just not better and its something ik i either have to wait out or like up my dose or try something else but it's so much work and i dont know what for, i really dont know how much different i can feel

I think im doomed to be like this forever and spend money uselessly for pills that don't work

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
ive been on it for just over four years, 10mg the first three years and then upped to 20mg. honestly the only thing it does for me is make it impossible to imagine things or focus on things, which in a way has helped lessen my suicidal thoughts in the sense that i physically cant imagine all the ways i would ctb unless i try really hard or im seriously dissociating, but i am still suicidal. if anything im more depressed and anxious since being on it bc i cant focus on anything and its stopped me being able to do things which was already fuckin hard bc of depression. i rly want to come off it but im afraid of being put on another med thats worse, and like u said its just so much effort that i just dont have the energy for.
i would tell whoever prescribed u how ur feeling on it but also give it a bit more time, maybe a few more weeks and if it hasnt gotten better then bring it up again. i wish you all the best and i rly hope u can find smthn that works for u. im sorry u feel doomed, i can definitely relate, it sucks to feel like ur just stuck having things that are supposed to help but are useless just thrown at u with no regard or care.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and 109

Oct 2, 2023
ive been on it for just over four years, 10mg the first three years and then upped to 20mg. honestly the only thing it does for me is make it impossible to imagine things or focus on things, which in a way has helped lessen my suicidal thoughts in the sense that i physically cant imagine all the ways i would ctb unless i try really hard or im seriously dissociating, but i am still suicidal. if anything im more depressed and anxious since being on it bc i cant focus on anything and its stopped me being able to do things which was already fuckin hard bc of depression. i rly want to come off it but im afraid of being put on another med thats worse, and like u said its just so much effort that i just dont have the energy for.
i would tell whoever prescribed u how ur feeling on it but also give it a bit more time, maybe a few more weeks and if it hasnt gotten better then bring it up again. i wish you all the best and i rly hope u can find smthn that works for u. im sorry u feel doomed, i can definitely relate, it sucks to feel like ur just stuck having things that are supposed to help but are useless just thrown at u with no regard or care.
ah i'm so sorry this happened, i wish there was an easier way :(
i really wanted it to help me focus so hopefully if it like starts working it doesnt shut down my already terrible focus
i really hate the medicinal therapy but i definitely cant do talk therapy, medicine is relatively easier but the energy like you said is so hard to find being depressed (need energy -> need medicine for energy -> need energy to get medicine :/ )
i'm so afraid to experience withdrawal too, I used to take it a couple years ago for 8 months but when I was taking it and went off it I was living in such a haze I dont remember how it worked on me or if it did or if it made things worse or what withdrawal even felt like bc i definitely just cut it cold turkey
i hope we're not stuck here, i really want to find energy to live but it's getting hard recently and maybe it's the meds themselves and not the idea of them. i just gotta hope it passes in time but ill try my best to talk to my doc about it

• Hugs
Reactions: cgrtt.brns
puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
I'm also on 10mg Lexapro. For me it was good. It does just enough to very slightly slow down my ideation while not giving me any side effects.

Everyone is different. I do think it's worth it to keep trying though, and I'm proud of you for what you've done. 💚 I've heard some people feel a lot better with the right antidepressants.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: cgrtt.brns, Cloud Busting and 109

Oct 2, 2023
I'm also on 10mg Lexapro. For me it was good. It does just enough to very slightly slow down my ideation while not giving me any side effects.

Everyone is different. I do think it's worth it to keep trying though, and I'm proud of you for what you've done. 💚 I've heard some people feel a lot better with the right antidepressants.
i appreciate you so much for this thank you :) i'm so happy it's helped you
if you don't mind me asking, how was your experience starting it? did you have any super bad symptoms that went away after a while? i intend to keep trying even if it takes a while, it's just really hard but people like you make it feel easier <3

NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
It took me almost a decade of trying different medications to find a combination that worked. Lexapro was one of the ones that didn't help--I actually had severe side effects within a week that led to my doctor pulling me off of it immediately for safety reasons.

It's good that you're trying. But don't be afraid to tell your doctor if a certain medication is making things worse. It just might not be the med for you and that's not a failure on your part.

Reactions: cgrtt.brns, 109 and Cloud Busting
puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
i appreciate you so much for this thank you :) i'm so happy it's helped you
if you don't mind me asking, how was your experience starting it? did you have any super bad symptoms that went away after a while? i intend to keep trying even if it takes a while, it's just really hard but people like you make it feel easier <3
I'm so happy I can make things a little easier for you! 💛

It was two years ago I started, so my memory is fuzzy. I think I was groggy and felt a bit less energetic. This did go away after a while.

• Hugs
Reactions: 109

Oct 2, 2023
It took me almost a decade of trying different medications to find a combination that worked. Lexapro was one of the ones that didn't help--I actually had severe side effects within a week that led to my doctor pulling me off of it immediately for safety reasons.

It's good that you're trying. But don't be afraid to tell your doctor if a certain medication is making things worse. It just might not be the med for you and that's not a failure on your part.
i plan to tell my doctor it's bad but I'm afraid in a way to do anything unless a gun is like actively in my mouth or something? if that makes sense
like I feel like i can handle it mostly and i have support systems and i don't feel like it's worth it to call about feeling bad if im still alive and just need to push through
thank you for the response this gives me a good outlook, i'm sorry it took so long for you to figure out but I'm glad it did :) it gives me hope that i can get through the trial and error

• Hugs
Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake
raltsrover

raltsrover

Ñom
Oct 14, 2023

honestly feel worse or i guess just not better and its something ik i either have to wait out or like up my dose or try something else but it's so much work and i dont know what for, i really dont know how much different i can feel

I think im doomed to be like this forever and spend money uselessly for pills that don't work

Every person is different when it comes to antidepressants. For some people they start working in as little as a week and others as much as four months (specially if it's your first time taking them). Talk about your concerns with your doctor and, please, do not manipulate your dosage by yourself. In regards of your mental health being worse it may because Lexapro and other SSRIS have shown to increase suicidality the first period of the treatment. Gladly, this effect ceases after the medication takes effect. I would recommend you to wait until it starts taking effect. Good luck! I'm sure you'll start feeling a whole lot better soon <3.

• Informative
Reactions: cgrtt.brns