• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

soon06132022

Jun 13, 2022
For the past few days I have been working on writing my letters that will be mailed the day that I CTB. I had a thought though of doing a recording of them to be sent to each recipient scheduled after I CTB. Part of me knows that reading those letters will be difficult enough for them, but I wonder if a recording of me reading it would be more difficult for them?

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, Lostandlooking, bianbianbianbian and 1 other person
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
Interesting question. Would you just record your voice or would it be a video ? I think both would be more difficult for them. But it also depends on the person (parents, friends....etc.). I think only you know which person would react how. Maybe send letters to some persons and videos/voice to the others. However I wouldn´t like e-mails or messages in social media.

Reactions: heavyeyes and Shivali
S

soon06132022

Jun 13, 2022
Interesting question. Would you just record your voice or would it be a video ? I think both would be more difficult for them. But it also depends on the person (parents, friends....etc.). I think only you know which person would react how. Maybe send letters to some persons and videos/voice to the others. However I wouldn´t like e-mails or messages in social media.
The letters are for friends that are close to me. I have been estranged from my abusive family for over 20 years, they get nothing. I wanted to send handwritten letters to my friends, but as they are listed as my emergency contact I wanted to alert the authorities first on where to find my body and how give them a heads up that they would be receiving that contact. The recordings would be audio only. My thought behind the recording was that it is a more personal experience to hear the words directly from me as opposed to words on a page.

Reactions: heavyeyes
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I feel like only you know what would be best, but I do think that maybe it would be more difficult for them hearing a recording. I would probably choose a note personally, as to me a note would be able to give those left behind a form of closure.

S

soon06132022

Jun 13, 2022
I feel like only you know what would be best, but I do think that maybe it would be more difficult for them hearing a recording. I would probably choose a note personally, as to me a note would be able to give those left behind a form of closure.
I think that it will be difficult either way. I don't know how long it will take them to process their feelings. Having a single paper copy of a letter, I think that if they received letters they would read them once, or twice and then discard them in the moment. Part of me knows that each of them will want to revisit it as part of the healing process for them so the recording would allow them to do this. It also has the advantage of them being able to hear my voice a last time, and for me to apologize to them for what they're about to experience after I CBT.

Viafactorum

Viafactorum

Tedious
Jun 9, 2022
Recordings will be harder to get over than a letter. Because when reading a letter the interpretation of the message within it is left to the imagination. They will give your words tone, and they will comprehend the message in the letter from the POV of their image of you. In a sense a letter is less personal than a movie which will help them move on from their grief. A recording however is haunting, it is almost like witnessing the ghost of a person speaking to you hence it is much more traumatizing. Either way do not do anything brash. Think things through thoroughly before you make a decision. Talk to your friends and people who may be able to help you with your problems. Life always give sus second chances, it'd be shame if we can't catch them.

S

soon06132022

Jun 13, 2022
Recordings will be harder to get over than a letter. Because when reading a letter the interpretation of the message within it is left to the imagination. They will give your words tone, and they will comprehend the message in the letter from the POV of their image of you. In a sense a letter is less personal than a movie which will help them move on from their grief. A recording however is haunting, it is almost like witnessing the ghost of a person speaking to you hence it is much more traumatizing. Either way do not do anything brash. Think things through thoroughly before you make a decision. Talk to your friends and people who may be able to help you with your problems. Life always give sus second chances, it'd be shame if we can't catch them.
After my own experience with losing someone close to me who CTB, I was sent a recording. My intention is not to traumatize my friends, but rather provide them with a clear message as to why I made the choices that I have, and to understand that individually or collectively they could not have done more.

london3

london3

Banned Scammer
May 5, 2022
I think that it will be difficult either way. I don't know how long it will take them to process their feelings. Having a single paper copy of a letter, I think that if they received letters they would read them once, or twice and then discard them in the moment. Part of me knows that each of them will want to revisit it as part of the healing process for them so the recording would allow them to do this. It also has the advantage of them being able to hear my voice a last time, and for me to apologize to them for what they're about to experience after I CBT.

I think a letter is more personal and more private for people, but a video does give them a lot more information in terms of body language, tone of voive etc.

But everyone is different and some people prefer text messages rather than video call, so it is entirely your choice. Maybe you can do both?