JinZhin

JinZhin

we are in hell
Nov 2, 2021
Have been watching Sopranos for past few weeks.
I used to catch occasional episode when I was in elementary school when I was maybe 8 or 9 in late 2000s, and it was really interesting to me, bu never got around to watching it properly since
So, besides the fact I currently feel like it is definitely one of the best pieces of media I've ever had chances of seeing, with many intelligent and still relevant things to say, what is the most striking to me currently, mainly what I wanted to talk about is how DEPRESSING it is, I can distinctly feel my otherwise terrible mental health and suicidal thoughts deteriorating even further.
Don't get me wrong, I am, and have been exposed to lot of depressing media but not many things got to me as much as this...
Like I am watching this show and some of my most frequent thoughts are
1) this is such a good show
2) I WANT TO DIE RIGHT NOW (and I think it might have something to do with watching this)

So, what do you think/feel about The Sopranos? Did you have any similar impressions?

I just wanted to hear just about anything since I really want to discuss it but I can't do it with anyone irl, nor I felt like going to any other place on the internet, as weird as that sounds x_X
As for spoilers, I'm currently on season 5,have been kinda spoiled about the ending already, but I generally don't mind spoilers as I find they don't have much influence on my experience/enjoyment of media in general

• Love
Reactions: SpaceCadet
W

WhiteyBulger

Mar 17, 2022
I came across a reference to a tombstone of a mobster. On it read, "What the fuck you lookin' at?"

Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
Maybe the best drama show ever. The dialog is written in such a way that you can watch clips over and over again and never gets boring. Breaking Bad is amazing but is more based on story plots and once you've seen it that's it. While Sopranos is more of a character-driven show, a psychological intrigue of characters and how they go about and handle life in their unusual situation. Maybe it sounds odd but there is some meaningless to it, like the ending which is basically nothing. It kind of mimics life in that way.

Sopranos was created by David Chase who has been dealing with major depression and panic attacks for a good part of his life. Tony's mother Livia is actually based on David's mother.

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
So, what do you think/feel about The Sopranos? Did you have any similar impressions?

All I know is that I saw the full TV show and liked it... and then - when I thought I was out - they pulled me back in with the "The Many Saints of Newark" movie from 2021, which was good as well.

I couldn't imagine living as a mobster, though, since it would probably be extremely anxiety-inducing.

Reactions: JinZhin
O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
The ending is perfection.

I won't spoil it for you, but a lot of people freaked out and it divided opinion.

Reactions: JinZhin