N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
How many people do you think are just voyeurs in this forum? Or trolls who like seeing people suffer.
And how many people do you think there are who just read this forum in order to take it down?
I think the second group is bigger. There are many guests online. But i hope the people just forget this forum. I wonder where we could go if we lose this place.
I would be curious to know if there are even members who are secretly screenshoting threads. I do not want to get too paranoid (because this is part of my illness lol)

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens, Shadowrider and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes, many people pretend to be "normal members" so as to take more screenshots or gain forum priviledges such as the sanctuary.

What I do to calculate how many "lurkers" are is just check the amount of members and guests online on the main page.

For example, right now we have 183 members and 135 guests online.

Let's say some of those 135 are good lurkers, reading and learning more about ctb, depression, etc. How many of them are "evil people" then? Half of them at least.
So, there must be like 60 people with bad intentions/pro-lifers/fixthe26 around lol.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ithappens and Shadowrider
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
What I do not get why isn't this forum moving with it's servers to Tonga. I mean wouldn't this solve the problem if governments like UK want to shut it down. They could still ban it from google but i think in todays age almost everyone has access to a VPN.

Reactions: nitrogennitrite2
PrettyMoose

PrettyMoose

Eat my arse, Pain&Sh*tness & Mindf*ckitation Grift
Mar 1, 2020
I think the people who just want to watch people suffer and the people who want to take the site down are the same people.

• Love
Reactions: NeverSatisfied, LakatosDiogenesz, GenesAndEnvironment and 2 others
Shadowrider

Shadowrider

Student
Jan 26, 2021
Very frustrating that we can never know for sure.
Of course, we must understand that on any given forum, not everybody is the one they pretend to be. There will always be some dishonest a*holes who think lurking and cyberstalking is fun. There will always be some Münchhausen by internet cases, too. This just cannot be avoided. Bad enough.
Sometimes I see users being obviously provocative and attempting to make us behave in a certain way - so that they can triumphantly point their fingers at us -, and on these occasions, I usually choose to STFU, as in not wanting to give them what they want. Don't feed the trolls.
We can never know how many of the registered users - who don't post that much or never post anything at all - are for real and how many of them are fake or troll accounts or just here for making screenshots as "evidence" for how ugly, bad, destructive, toxic and harmful this community is.
We can never know how many of the active posters are for real and how many of them are fakes.
Sometimes your gut instincts tell if someone does not seem to be quite right, but this is usually very difficult to prove.

But I am very upset. I agree with @PrettyNoose here. How can such goddamned shiny-happy pro-lifers be so sadistic, entertaining themselves by seeing suicidal people suffer? :(

• Love
Reactions: PrettyMoose