protector_iorek

protector_iorek

Sep 26, 2023
I've been suffering from insomnia lately, only sleeping 2- 3 hours each night, feeling chronically fearful of I don't even know what. Everything.

I wish I had someone to hold me physically. But I have no one who loves me or cares about me and I haven't had any physical touch in many many years because although I crave it, it's also terrifying to be touched and perceived in any kind of romantic or sexual way.

I thought maybe we could all offer each other some comfort in the form of words.. if everyone posts a calming or warm or soothing statement. Or maybe you can find someone similar to you and connect. Let's try even if we don't actually feel it ya know? Just say something kind and comforting for someone else's sake, not for you.

I'll start:

Maybe you and I will find a safe person to hold us someday, we just have to hold on until then.

Your body, my body, are just reacting the only way it knows how.

Treat yourself as if you're sick, it's okay to make things as easy as possible for yourself.

You don't need to overachieve or overwork or continuously self improve to be worthy of love.

You're not crazy for feeling the way you do.

• Love
Reactions: dizzdesi, Praestat_Mori, AllCatsAreGrey and 1 other person
L

lifewillprevail

Oct 11, 2023
If you find that there is no one else willing to love you, then you owe it to yourself to love yourself first. Do things that make you happy, and take care of yourself even if it means letting other people down. Stop being so harsh on yourself. The past is in the past, and the future has yet to come. Live in the moment and love every bit of it, even if it can be sour. I'm proud of you for making it this far, keep going, it's worth it.

• Love
Reactions: dizzdesi, Praestat_Mori and protector_iorek
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I'm not very good with words but I would just say this

Don't let fear win. It's OK to be afraid, fear is natural and in it is within us all. Accept yours fears, sit with them, acknowledge them, be comfortable around them, if you want, play with them, challenge them to get worse, laugh at them, talk to them but whatever you do don't let them control you, don't let fear win.

• Love
Reactions: dizzdesi, Praestat_Mori and protector_iorek
carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
insomnia is crushing and i wish i had someone to hold who could fix it for me. at least you know youre not alone in what youre feeling. i hope it gets better for you and if not youll always be able to come on here and talk to people who will hear you out and understand. good luck

• Love
Reactions: dizzdesi and Praestat_Mori