• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
This is probably part of the reason why drug legalization is such a controversial subject, not because they are concerned about addictions (since alcohol and cigarettes are highly addictice substances yet totally legal). What they are concerned about is that if the statement "what I put in my body is my business" becomes accepted, then lethal substances like N will also be legalized and ctb will finally be easy and accessible for all. Then doctors and preventionists and prolifers cannot play saviors anymore and brag about "saving" people, thinking they are so good-hearted.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
N (Pentobarbital) is not illegal - it's used in animal euthanasia. It's heavily regulated and restricted in most countries but still available to certain professions. Certain drugs are totally forbidden and illegal even science labs are not allowed to produce them and research them (e..g. LSD).

Last edited:
Reactions: KillingPain267 and HereTomorrow
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
N (Pentobarbital) is not illegal - it's used in animal euthanasia. It's heavily regulated and restricted in most countries but still available to certain professions. Certain drugs are totally forbidden and illegal even science labs are not allowed to produce them and research then (e..g. LSD).
Yeah okay, that's what I meant by "illegal" (heavily regulated and restricted to human consumers in most countries), sorry. Thanks for clarifying.

avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
I disagree with the statement "what I put in my body is my business" because more often than not, people don't know the effects something has on their body even if they think they know. This is why I'm against legalizing [lifting of all restrictions on] drugs in the broad term, i.e. all drugs by default. If drugs were to be legalized then I suspect there will be an increase in the number of (long-lasting) negative health effects on the populi and a steep increase in the number of accidental drug overdoses of people who want to live. This negative effect will far outweigh the benefit legalizing drugs has on the accessibility of life-ending drugs for suicidal people. In other words, in order to protect the vast majority from making bad decisions that involves drugs and other previously restricted substances, a small group has to suffer the inaccessibility of life-ending drugs.

I don't think preventionists and people with a savior complex have a part in the discussion on whether to legalize (certain) drugs. I think they simply seize the opportunity to (try to) save a person (from themselves) for as long as life-ending drugs remain difficult to access. Their arguments on why life-ending drugs should remain restricted are probably heard, but pale in comparison to what I wrote in the first paragraph.

This is not to say I'm against the accessibility of life-ending drugs. I just don't want it to be an uncontrolled substance. There need to be safe guards.

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
If drugs were to be legalized then I suspect there will be an increase in the number of (long-lasting) negative health effects on the populi and a steep increase in the number of accidental drug overdoses of people who want to live.
I agree, initially it may be like that. But those effects can be mitigated by honest labeling, education and supervision. Currently, nobody would dare go to a doctor to help him test and measure a safe recreational dose of heroin or something exactly BECAUSE it is illegal and stigmatized. Cigarettes are a good example of how education and warning labels have decreased smoking rates without banning them outright. Prohibition or heavy regulation doesn't always prevent use and overdoses either. Opioid overdoses are increasing despite more regulations. Some say it is not due to the opioids themselves but because they are cut with dangerous substances to save and maximize profit. Those things would disappear if it was legalized, because then drug producers could be required to label their products. Just like you know you get whiskey when you buy whiskey and not some weird mixed whiskey with substitute water and added cheap chemicals or home distillators that make methanol.

Reactions: pilotviolin