G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
Would save so much pain. Would make shrinks out of a job. They can't fail any way as no one can see inside a person's mind. Would save us misery and allow us too say goodbye nicely to our loved ones. Dont think any of us are scared to die it's just so hard to do. Any human would be scared of trains, jumping, guns, hanging. But a tablet would not be scary. Life is fucking cruel.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, Superdeterminist, IcyBat and 1 other person
I

IcyBat

Sep 24, 2020
And it would help waste less resources, why let me suffer every day and work for me so that I can eat. It is so stupid.

Maybe we should try founding a political party to legalize euthanasia and make suicide easier globally.

party name would be SS, could be difficult in Germany, but hey!

Somehow it would be needed to raise money for this at first. I'd definitely donate 10 eur.

Last edited:
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
The focus of healthcare is to keep people alive no matter what, whereas the focus should be on reducing suffering.
In a very small proportion of cases however would "reducing suffering" equate to bringing life to an end.

What should also happen is that other social services should be better (in some cases this would just mean doing what they're supposed to be doing!):

- A mental health service that actually treats mental health issues, and doesn't focus on covering its own arse 98% of the time and filling man hours with unnecessary paperwork.

- A job centre and other employment services that actually help you to find and prepare for employment.

- Social housing services that don't see simply putting your name on a spreadsheet, or slightly changing your priority banding, as anything other than a bureaucratic exercise - they make no practical difference.

- People should also be better: for instance don't upload 'motivational quotes' and depression/suicide awareness posts to social media, but then label your friend who is genuinely suicidal as 'negative' or 'toxic', and then cut them off!

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and IcyBat