• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

B

barkbark

Jan 22, 2024
going to keep details to a minimum to mitigate pii and such but if someone were to attempt ctb using someone else's otherwise reasonably locked up gun (in california, again, mitigating pii but that could be relevant) would there be legal issues for them in any way from doing so? again, keeping details to a minimum but i really want to mitigate the damage done to friends and family if/when i ctb and firearm seems like my only reasonable method because suicide prevention orgs keep restricting the ironically less lethal methods.

this was asked before (https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/risk-of-using-someone-elses-gun-to-ctb.134199/ — sorry if that doesn't embed properly i'm not too familiar with how to use the forum!) but it didn't clarify which jurisdiction and also generally didn't have satisfactory answers so i thought i'd ask in a separate thread and clarify the jurisdiction in question. sorry if it's too similar and feel free to take it down if it is

FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
Well if there's no evidence they knew you were gonna use the gun to CTB then there's not much proof it was their fault (so you better not have any messages between them stating your intention to CTB with it), you should also leave behind a note or something like that which proves it's a suicide though your autopsy would already help prove that. You could also even fake pretend like you stole the gun from them but I'm not a legal expert, just what I know. You can only borrow guns to immediate family members so if they're not a sibling or parent you should pretend you stole it.

Reactions: barkbark
Upvote 1
B

barkbark

Jan 22, 2024
Well if there's no evidence they knew you were gonna use the gun to CTB then there's not much proof it was their fault (so you better not have any messages between them stating your intention to CTB with it), you should also leave behind a note or something like that which proves it's a suicide though your autopsy would already help prove that. You could also even fake pretend like you stole the gun from them but I'm not a legal expert, just what I know. You can only borrow guns to immediate family members so if they're not a sibling or parent you should pretend you stole it.
i see, thank you. they are a family member, but maybe i could get away with having technically stolen it? i mean that's basically what i'm gonna be doing anyway, id be breaking into their gun safe. also, they do know i attempted ctb in the past and they know generally i sh to this day, but i don't think they would have any idea i'd try to break into the gun cabinet to ctb as i do have things i could technically ctb with in my room (pills, razors) so theres really no reason in their mind for me to go for the gun. idk i think i'm just overthinking things haha

Upvote 0
FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
i see, thank you. they are a family member, but maybe i could get away with having technically stolen it? i mean that's basically what i'm gonna be doing anyway, id be breaking into their gun safe. also, they do know i attempted ctb in the past and they know generally i sh to this day, but i don't think they would have any idea i'd try to break into the gun cabinet to ctb as i do have things i could technically ctb with in my room (pills, razors) so theres really no reason in their mind for me to go for the gun. idk i think i'm just overthinking things haha
Yeah if they didn't even give you the gun and you stole it then there's no proof they helped you, especially since you being close to them they could claim you must've figured out how to find and get the safe because they're close to you instead of it being that they showed you how to as it'd be a lot more suspicious if you somehow stole a gun from a stranger's safe

Upvote 1
B

barkbark

Jan 22, 2024
Yeah if they didn't even give you the gun and you stole it then there's no proof they helped you, especially since you being close to them they could claim you must've figured out how to find and get the safe because they're close to you instead of it being that they showed you how to as it'd be a lot more suspicious if you somehow stole a gun from a stranger's safe
ok, thank you so much!

Upvote 0
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
I wouldn't say so? I imagine the authorities might keep the gun and either sell or destroy it, but I doubt the individual will get into trouble. If you're breaking into a safe to steal it, the chances of consequences for them are zero.

Upvote 0