• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
Physician Assisted suicide is legal in Canada.

I'm wondering if anyone here has tried or is in the process of getting approval?

If anyone knows of doctors in the Toronto area, please PM me.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, littlelady774 and Donewith_
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
I thought it was just for terminal cases? Did that change?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
I thought it was just for terminal cases? Did that change?
There are some places that will assist for depression if its severe enough. I remember watching the girl.

wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
yes me to
If anyone knows of doctors in the Toronto area, please PM me. for
that will assist for depression if its severe enough sick of life want to end it

bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
I don't get the reference. Can you clue me in?
It was a girl who got approved for assisted suicide legally because of her depression.

"Aurelia Brouwers, 29, who was physically fit, was given a lethal injection less than a month after winning an eight-year battle to end her life.
Her bouts of depression, she argued, made her life intolerable and led her to attempt suicide, and commit self-harm and arson."

lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
It was a girl who got approved for assisted suicide legally because of her depression.

"Aurelia Brouwers, 29, who was physically fit, was given a lethal injection less than a month after winning an eight-year battle to end her life.
Her bouts of depression, she argued, made her life intolerable and led her to attempt suicide, and commit self-harm and arson."
That was in the Netherlands.

It looks like Canada's law is only for those for whom "natural death has become reasonably foreseeable."

Reactions: nw7 and Lifeisatrap
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
I've tried in Canada and doctors are restricting anyone not suffering something like cancer. Heck a person can suffer a stroke (where they become stuck in a wheel chair) without being able to move and have to communicate by eye movement. That person would be turned down. The religious ideology nonsense still in Canada is the reason for not everyone qualifying and even with all things considered religion is scarce compared to the US here. Most young people in Canada want medical assisted dying for everyone who desires it. Very pro-choice among young people. The old are slowing progress of course.

• Aww..
Reactions: snowman626, Asta, nw7 and 2 others
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019

That was in the Netherlands.

It looks like Canada's law is only for those for whom "natural death has become reasonably foreseeable."
You's actually had me going there for a minute, geez. Like yeah, Canada is the next Dignitas. LOL

alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
What is your prediction for the US?
Well my prediction is 35+ years in Canada because I believe that's when the young will overtake political positions and gain authority over policy.

United States isn't going to be exactly similar when the young take over. The "life is sacred" belief is going to slow assisted dying in the US and even while religion becomes less popular among young people. I'm going to assume US will be debating the topic for 15+ years after assisted dying is available in Canada for citizens. Might even take 30+ years to have the people born in 2000+ overthrowing what's left of religious nonsense that was conditioned into millennials throughout school life. There is always the possibility some state like California makes it legal ahead of my expectation.

Reactions: Asta