Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
Right now it feels like I'm very behind in life. Despite being 27, everyone else around me seem to have it all together like having a wife and kids with a nice house.

I still live with my parents and I know there's nothing wrong with that and it is hard out there to be on your own.

My Dad so far has done just about everything for me and it feels like I'm not my own person. He controls my finances and stuff because I made a dumbass decision back in 2019 which I'll talk about another time. Without him, I know I'll be nothing.

That's how I feel...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: omoidarui, Fragile, WornOutLife and 6 others
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
I am even older than you and live with my mother. Do not compare yourself to other people all it does is get you down. I was always taught as a child to compare myself to the best in my class not the worst but life is not a competition you can win so I don't think that is a good way of looking at it.

• Love
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment and Joey
Brink

Brink

Exhausted. RadHomo.
Feb 11, 2020
I feel sorry that you feel immature and not a person of your own. It's a problem for you, but just know that it can get better by taking baby steps towards independence.

Ngl it does sound like your dad's suffocating you, and it's potentially abusive. I can't comment much without the background to what led him to control you in that unhealthy way. Still, it's definitely unacceptable to be treated like that at 27 (in most cases... obviously lacking intellectual abilities or during a mental breakdown can change that).

I hope you manage to sort it out, Joe. x

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Joey and Fin
Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
I feel sorry that you feel immature and not a person of your own. It's a problem for you, but just know that it can get better by taking baby steps towards independence.

Ngl it does sound like your dad's suffocating you, and it's potentially abusive. I can't comment much without the background to what led him to control you in that unhealthy way. Still, it's definitely unacceptable to be treated like that at 27 (in most cases... obviously lacking intellectual abilities or during a mental breakdown can change that).

I hope you manage to sort it out, Joe. x
That means a lot and thanks! Yeah it was my fault which led to what it was today with my Dad controlling my finances and such. I hope I'll be able to pull through this!

• Hugs
Reactions: Brink
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
I feel behind too. My friends have houses and apartments. I'm still here at home. Would have moved out if it wasn't for the depression.

Living at home as an adult is awful. I'm sorry it's been rough for you, and I'm really sorry your dad controls your finances. Not sure what happened, but almost two years later and at your age? Seems inappropriate. :hug:

Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
I feel behind too. My friends have houses and apartments. I'm still here at home. Would have moved out if it wasn't for the depression.

Living at home as an adult is awful. I'm sorry it's been rough for you, and I'm really sorry your dad controls your finances. Not sure what happened, but almost two years later and at your age? Seems inappropriate. :hug:
Yeah it's not cool at all :/

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Ohh I remember those days.
When I finished high school, I stalked all my ex classmates on their social networks to see if they were having a better life than mine.
At first, I did it every year, then every 2 or 3 years and now I've recently done it after 8 years and I actually felt HAPPY. Most of them, especially the bullies, suck!

I mean, you gotta look at people who are your age like this: Do you really want the lives they have?

For example, I don't want to be a slave in an office and have to cope with kids and a wife/husband. No family, thanks!

The only thing I might want is more money. That's basically it.

I'm 33 and people around my age just so boring! Most of them don't even watch anime, play videogames or read manga! They're too busy with their normal lives! Oh, I feel so sorry for them! lol

Well, I guess every person is different and happiness is abstract.

This ended up being a long reply but to sum up, just be yourself and don't compare with others but if you do, imagine yourself in that situation and if you really want that way of living, well, you can start to change your life from today on but trust me, most of the times we're in a better situation than we thought. At least that was my experience. I am suicidal but I'm happy. (if that makes any sense lol)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GrumpyFrog and Joey
Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
Ohh I remember those days.
When I finished high school, I stalked all my ex classmates on their social networks to see if they were having a better life than mine.
At first, I did it every year, then every 2 or 3 years and now I've recently done it after 8 years and I actually felt HAPPY. Most of them, especially the bullies, suck!

I mean, you gotta look at people who are your age like this: Do you really want the lives they have?

For example, I don't want to be a slave in an office and have to cope with kids and a wife/husband. No family, thanks!

The only thing I might want is more money. That's basically it.

I'm 33 and people around my age just so boring! Most of them don't even watch anime, play videogames or read manga! They're too busy with their normal lives! Oh, I feel so sorry for them! lol

Well, I guess every person is different and happiness is abstract.

This ended up being a long reply but to sum up, just be yourself and don't compare with others but if you do, imagine yourself in that situation and if you really want that way of living, well, you can start to change your life from today on but trust me, most of the times we're in a better situation than we thought. At least that was my experience. I am suicidal but I'm happy. (if that makes any sense lol)
Thanks for the reply! and you're right that I shouldn't compare myself to other people, which is why I don't have any social media at all besides Discord and Telegram.

Facebook and Twitter is too poison for me but different for some others.

I know 27 is still young, so I have to wait and see what happens in the near future.

• Love
Reactions: GrumpyFrog and WornOutLife