BornToFail

BornToFail

Experienced
Sep 9, 2022
I always get led on and used by people. Does anyone else have this problem?

Reactions: Lily (Osako) and jodes2
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I get scammed easily, like I have a sign on my forehead saying vulnerable twat here, please take advantage

Reactions: BornToFail
BornToFail

BornToFail

Experienced
Sep 9, 2022
I get scammed easily, like I have a sign on my forehead saying vulnerable twat here, please take advantage
Me too, friend. I've been scammed multiple times.

• Aww..
Reactions: jodes2
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
I think you need to stop compromising and take back your power.

First, saying no is not a bad thing, and you already know what saying yes and being agreeable has gotten you, so start telling people no.

I think setting boundaries and guiding rules for yourself might also help.

Try making a list of things you are willing to tolerate from people (for most, this will be short to nonexistent) and a list of things you are not willing to tolerate.

Then start building from there, living by your own code and standards.

Someone asks you to go to a game. No thanks.

Someone asked you to cover all of your friends' pints. No

Someone shows up at your door unannounced, and you don't want to deal with them right then. You tell them it has to be at another time.

You have friends who always call, and it is not a crisis. You will get back to them later. (Take note: If there is a crisis, death, breakdown, etc., try to handle it accordingly.)

When someone violates any of your guiding principles, you stand up for yourself and address the situation calmly. If the boundaries you set are not respected again, you either address it again or cut ties.

Also, don't keep people around you who don't respect you or your boundaries out of fear of being alone.

Sorry for the long ramble

Last edited:
Reactions: NumbItAll
Lily (Osako)

Lily (Osako)

Everything all at once
Jul 30, 2022
Constantly. I think I've been too trusting and too giving.
People can spot a soft soul from miles away. They know if they put just enough pressure on you, you'll do what they want.
This is why I've been isolating. I'd rather be alone than be used just to have people around.
You realize who truly cares about you once you start using boundaries.
Sadly it's usually very very few if any at all.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hollowman, outatime_85 and foreverfalling
foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
Yeah same here friend, I've avoided people most of my life because of this. But what broke me was being betrayed by someone I thought was close. It felt like being lead on for years, and I still kept on giving to them. I feel like such an idiot, and I'm bashing myself everyday over this. Before this I had hope, maybe I could find a friend. But now I've lost all hope, all people are just alien to me now, which has made everything pointless.

• Aww..
Reactions: Lily (Osako) and outatime_85
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Means you're nice and they're not. I'd rather stay that way. Not you that should change