• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

lifecouldbedream

lifecouldbedream

Student
Oct 8, 2021
Hello, I made a post last night about how I was going to CTB that night.
Unfortunately, after a few attempts squandered by SI, I got extremely tired and almost fell asleep on the floor so I decided to go to bed. I however plan to be dead within the next few hours, or by tonight.
I have not made this post in hopes of further attention on my death, but would like to discuss a method that I devised just now for anyone struggling with SI.
This method takes inspiration from the "Shallow Water Blackout" method, which involves making yourself pass out over a shallow body of water.
For reference, I will be doing it like this, off of a doorknob. I have tested this position and have been able to get myself close to passing out, but keep getting interference from SI. Here's how I plan to beat it. It will be essential to know what the "Wim Hof" method is. I recommend looking into a simple tutorial on Youtube to get a general idea of what it is.

1. Position myself according to the above image, so that when I pass out, the pressure on my carotid arteries will increase and the partial hanging will proceed.
2. Do multiple "rounds" of 60-100 breaths each, holding my breath for as long as possible at the end. Note that due to the mechanics of the Wim Hof method, if done correctly, this will feel quite comfortable and may actually relieve any discomfort or anxiety.
3. Repeat until I pass out.

I've passed out while doing the Wim Hof regularly, and it took about 6 rounds of 100 breaths each, so I'm confident this will work.
Posting this in case there are flaws with this plan, but also to potentially give others a way out if they are struggling with SI.
Note that this is currently hypothetical but should work based on my experience both with this position and the Wim Hof method. If I do not make a post by the 26th of December, assume that I am dead.

• Hugs
Reactions: foxgirl and Unknown21
cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
I learned that it only takes 11 pounds of pressure to close off the arteries in our neck. I'm doing something similar but will be in the sitting position because I find it more comfortable.

Best of luck to you on your journey.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I would advice avoiding other means of passing out for partial hanging. as i understand it you will still be breathing and blood transfer to your brain would still be uninterrupted. If you can manage to fall unconsciousness from blocking the carotid arteries it will eventually lead to success with ctb. But whatever you decide I wish you a quick and painless exit. My you find the peace you are searching for ❤️

lifecouldbedream

lifecouldbedream

Student
Oct 8, 2021
I learned that it only takes 11 pounds of pressure to close off the arteries in our neck. I'm doing something similar but will be in the sitting position because I find it more comfortable.

Best of luck to you on your journey.
I would advice avoiding other means of passing out for partial hanging. as i understand it you will still be breathing and blood transfer to your brain would still be uninterrupted. If you can manage to fall unconsciousness from blocking the carotid arteries it will eventually lead to success with ctb. But whatever you decide I wish you a quick and painless exit. My you find the peace you are searching for ❤️
My problem is not pressure, but rather that I back out right before losing consciousness. The idea here is to make myself pass out (or very close to doing so) with a small amount of pressure already on my carotids, so that when I lose consciousness it happens so quickly that I cannot stop myself, and ideally I would fall into a position that would increase pressure on my carotids.
I have decided to stay for Christmas. Was literally about to put my head into the noose last night and got a call from my uncle talking about Christmas plans... probably would be dead right now otherwise. Hopefully going to CTB tonight or by tomorrow. If this is the last post I ever make then assume I succeeded, if you happen to be reading however many days/weeks/months in the future.

Reactions: rozeske
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
and ideally I would fall into a position that would increase pressure on my carotids.
Yes that would be ideal but there is also a chance you might end up in a position slightly away from the carotid artery ending up not compressing it or worse partially compressing it and waking up with a brain damage. This is just speculation though. Am not an expert but I wouldn't risk it.
I hope you enjoy the holiday with your family

lifecouldbedream

lifecouldbedream

Student
Oct 8, 2021
Yes that would be ideal but there is also a chance you might end up in a position slightly away from the carotid artery ending up not compressing it or worse partially compressing it and waking up with a brain damage. This is just speculation though. Am not an expert but I wouldn't risk it.
I hope you enjoy the holiday with your family
This is why I plan to test the position first, and also hold myself into place that almost guarantees pressure on the carotids. Thank you for making me more aware of this potential issue, though.
Merry Christmas

• Hugs
Reactions: rozeske
A

AllAlone

Oct 4, 2023
Honestly this seems like a pretty good idea. I have tried to do partial many times but could never do it. I would push down for a while and my face would get tingly but I would always give up before passing out. So this could solve that problem.

I guess the only potential problems are passing out while not being in the proper position to close the carotid. Or passing out but waking back up before you can complete the ctb. But anyways I think it could be worth a try. Next time I attempt I'll probably try to do something like this.

Reactions: lifecouldbedream