F

Fuzzy94

Apr 12, 2019
Still haven't yet decided whether I'm gonna try to kill myself, but just thinking about this...

I have £1000 that I can choose to leave to somebody or something. Not making an official will cos don't want to raise suspicion, I'm just going to include the request in my suicide note - I'm pretty confident that my family will honour the request. Anyway, I was originally planning to ask for the money to be given to a charity, but I've just been thinking... I feel pretty horrible about the grief that my friends and family will go through if I kill myself (and I don't want to kill myself, but I am living with an unbearable illness), so I was wondering about asking my family to give the money to pay for grief counselling for any of my friends who need it after my suicide? (My family can afford to pay for their own counselling, but my friends probably can't.) Do you think this would be a good thing to do, or is that too weird? How do you think my family/friends might feel about that? I have Asperger's so I'm not very good at imagining how people may feel.

Reactions: Sick Boy and letmeseethedeath
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I would say that leaving money to family or friends can help them in some way (including but not limited to paying off debts, your funeral if they choose to have one, or whatever they need/want to help them move on, etc.). Also, personally, I had the same idea as well for my family if I decide to CTB and if I have a decent sum of money saved up in my bank account.

Reactions: letmeseethedeath
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Still haven't yet decided whether I'm gonna try to kill myself, but just thinking about this...

I have £1000 that I can choose to leave to somebody or something. Not making an official will cos don't want to raise suspicion, I'm just going to include the request in my suicide note - I'm pretty confident that my family will honour the request. Anyway, I was originally planning to ask for the money to be given to a charity, but I've just been thinking... I feel pretty horrible about the grief that my friends and family will go through if I kill myself (and I don't want to kill myself, but I am living with an unbearable illness), so I was wondering about asking my family to give the money to pay for grief counselling for any of my friends who need it after my suicide? (My family can afford to pay for their own counselling, but my friends probably can't.) Do you think this would be a good thing to do, or is that too weird? How do you think my family/friends might feel about that? I have Asperger's so I'm not very good at imagining how people may feel.
I think this is very thoughtful.

Reactions: Honigwaffel and letmeseethedeath
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
The cost of dealing with your body possibly will be more than £1000. Depending on what your family decides on doing and having to pay for it. Something to keep in mind if you find that alright with giving the money to your friends and who may not want the money in the circumstances of this situation. Whatever you do is up to you but thought I would add some thoughts if that's what you're looking for by creating this thread.

Reactions: NextSummer
InkBlot

InkBlot

What Do You See?
Sep 17, 2018

It would be the ultimate honor and grief deliverer that someone would leave me some money, instead of relatives or anyone else. But Id also feel like I should have helped them if they felt so strongly about me.

I dont have family really, those who remain are well off. I'm planning on leaving whatever Im worth to my roommate/ex girlfriend. I'll use my credit to purchase the funeral arrangements I want, with the knowledge I get to make my own decisions. They want me buried in a private cemetery in the middle of a corn field, and its literally 2 hours from anyone who might come see my grave. But I digress...

Consider planning your post-life celebrations. The average funeral can cost around 5-9k USD. If your family can afford it, then let them pay for it and throw a party maybe. Whatever you decide, know that you cant take it with you.