S

Silent Forrest

Jul 14, 2022
Sorry I'm leaving this forum most likely for good, because I think it's bad for my mental and physical health, and for those of others to.
The longer I stay on here the more likely I feel that myself and others will CTB.
On this forum I've heard from people experiencing suffering, hardship and desperation, which I can heavily relate to. However, I think it's in the best interest of myself and others, that I leave this forum as I feel we each unknowingly or knowingly, feed each others desperation to CTB.

Bye

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Madao, MrSpaghetti, not-2-b-the-answer and 14 others
M

MMG

Aug 15, 2023
Try to focus on yourself now. Never listen to others

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
If someone is desperate to ctb, they need a place where people understand how they feel and can give empathy and support without judgement or forcing them to get unwanted "help". And for those people, this forum fills that void.

But it's not for everyone. You might be right, it's not the correct place for you. But please don't make assumptions about other people's needs.

• Love
Reactions: Nihilist Christian, Aya&Dazy, 020x and 22 others
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
If your mind is more malleable perhaps. For me, this community simply serves as a safe space to talk about CTB and help others. Besides, you'll find that this site has helped save many people, so your logic is flawed.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGoodGuy, halfwaydown2, idontfeellikeimreal and 12 others
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
No need to announce you leaving.

• Love
Reactions: Aya&Dazy, worldsapart, commotioner and 8 others
nadia225

nadia225

journey to reach the light
Aug 18, 2023
You should never let your decisions be guided by somebody else or other opinions and feelings so if you feel that you want recovery then by all means go for it, as I feel like is encouraged by others on this thread and forum because desperation of wanting to die to escape is not needed for some and could be very fixable. It's all about recognizing what works best for you at the end of the day because it's your decision to make nobody else's. I hope you find peace and working to it prove yourself and life wishing you the best .

• Hugs
Reactions: dialogos, quiet.rabbit and Brokensaddle
imonadeadline

imonadeadline

Call me Line! :P
Aug 15, 2023
This place isn't for everyone. Personally, this site offers me peace because I feel that I am not the only one seeking out for an exit. I'm not the only one who can barely get out of bed everyday. This forum gives me a vent to air out all of my suicidal thoughts and I don't think that that's bad. I'm finally in a community that actually understands what I feel and is there to lend out a hand for whatever it is that I ask.

For me, knowing that there's an exit keeps me stable. It reminds me that pain is not forever and that it will end soon.

This place was clearly not for you. You can't assume that it's not good for other people.

Reactions: Kerrtu, Fall_Apart, SVEN and 11 others
J

jonward55

£ Made Me Be Here.
Apr 12, 2023
Sorry I'm leaving this forum most likely for good, because I think it's bad for my mental and physical health, and for those of others to.
The longer I stay on here the more likely I feel that myself and others will CTB.
On this forum I've heard from people experiencing suffering, hardship and desperation, which I can heavily relate to. However, I think it's in the best interest of myself and others, that I leave this forum as I feel we each unknowingly or knowingly, feed each others desperation to CTB.

Bye
Not sure what you were expecting to see. See ya 👋

• Love
Reactions: commotioner and Bluebunnysky
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
Initially I thought this was a Pro-Lifer message, but before responding I chose to search your name to read through some of your old posts.

This is a pretty fair change of heart from someone who wanted and was searching for an SN source as well as offering advice for where to find ctb methods on this forum. Additionally, you were an ASH user, which means you are more than familiar with the concepts of suicide forums.

It's clear something changed and whatever it was I'm sorry for the suffering. Hopefully it was a positive change for the better, and this will allow you to move on properly. If not you are always welcome back here(though I suspect mods will ice this account).

Take care. Hoping for the best for you.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: bunsïy, dialogos, idontfeellikeimreal and 4 others
T

timetodie24

Elementalist
Apr 14, 2023
I wish you all the best. Some people are taking your comments way too personally. At the end of the day, if you're unsure about suicide then reading lots of posts about it may help push you one way or the other. It can't force you, it can't change free-will but it can have an effect on your mental state and may inform your decision. Yes most people who come here already made up their mind so it's not 'triggering' to them. Alternatively, some people find the shared understanding helps them stay. My point is, however this site makes you feel is valid and others have no right to deny your experiences. Personally, I find the site doesn't push me into anything as I'm in control. It's actually kept me here longer as stopped impulsive, ill-planned attempts. But I can understand if you're considering recovery then the site can be unhelpful.

It sounds like leaving is best decision for you and I really hope you find peace and happiness.

• Love
Reactions: soviet_connection1, dialogos, Stormy Raine and 2 others
P

painful existence

Student
Jul 11, 2023
I can completely understand your decision and I wish you all the best.If you think the forum isn't helping you then you should not stay.I hope you find peace in whatever form you desire.

• Love
Reactions: dialogos and idontfeellikeimreal
GettingOut

GettingOut

I'm not worth any tears
Aug 16, 2022
Wishing you the best. Each one has to do what is in his or her best interests.

This forum is the only place I can share deeply personal feelings. The awesome thing is that there are people who can relate to my problems. Something I don't have in real life.

• Love
Reactions: dialogos
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
But not everyone is you, just because you feel a certain way doesn't mean that it applies to everyone. And I know that many people find this reality difficult to accept but lots of people in this world actually want to die, if you want to continue existing then that's fine for you but in my case I would always see death as always being preferable.

Those who want to die deserve a place to be open about it, this site has a specific purpose, it's meant for those who are tired of insensitive pro-life platitudes to post about suicide related subjects without being locked in the psych ward. If people don't find any benefit to that for them personally then nobody is forcing them to come on here.

And there's nothing "bad" about suicide, yes if you don't want to die that way yourself of course that's fine but I find it insensitive when these type of beliefs are pushed onto other people as like I said not everyone is you.

People can choose for themselves whether to come on here and they don't need a stranger who cannot experience life the same way to tell them that it's "bad". Suicide is a human right anyway and there's nothing wrong with leaving this world, there could never be and nobody is obligated to continue existing here.

Wanting to die is always a valid way to feel and if some people have a problem with that then they can just go and live their life, they don't have to read about suicide and it's none of their business if other people want to die and discuss suicide related subjects, it's a personal decision deciding whether to do that. But anyway, bye.

Reactions: jbear824, Kerrtu and Deleted member 31858
P

permanent_solution

Aug 5, 2023
im here on and off for many years, this site is honestly the worst in a way, when you cant really die. just get addicted to it. i wish you the best and i think i will be leaving again, too.

Reactions: Unknown21
front of me

front of me

Experienced
Aug 3, 2023
I wish you every success

• Love
B

Bluebunnysky

Jan 15, 2023
Bye, Felicia

• Hmph!
  • Yay!
Reactions: dialogos and Already Gone6
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
Totally understandable, this place isn't for everyone . If you are going to give life a shot , good luck -my best wishes are with you .

• Love
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
You must do what you feel will be best for you and I wish you nothing but positive thoughts.
Go well.

• Love
A

Anon7b8

Experienced
Aug 21, 2023
I understand what you mean. I've been here a few days and I had mixed feelings with my first goodbye thread. It was both encouraging and scary. But then i remembered the story about the good wolf and the bad one. So in the end i respect your choice. And wish you well.

• Love
Already Gone6

Already Gone6

Jul 31, 2023
We're too hip for you, I understand. It's coo.

• Love
  • Yay!
  • Hmph!
Reactions: SVEN, Bluebunnysky and dialogos
SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023

Bye
If you're trying to be a troll and get people worked up then good job.

If you're not and serious then what purpose did you have for a goodbye message? Were you needing some sort of specific message to hear? Well I hope you got it and I wish whatever path you choose you find peace in it.

Before SaSu I was crying every night and begging god to release me. Because of SaSu I have found the peace I needed and have been able to exist easier.

Sounds like you have a problem with being a sheep. Please work on yourself so that inside you're less of a follower. You'll be harder for people to manipulate and help you make your own decisions.

• Hmph!
  • Hugs
Reactions: soviet_connection1, dialogos and idontfeellikeimreal
GettingOut

GettingOut

I'm not worth any tears
Aug 16, 2022
If you're trying to be a troll and get people worked up then good job.

If you're not and serious then what purpose did you have for a goodbye message? Were you needing some sort of specific message to hear? Well I hope you got it and I wish whatever path you choose you find peace in it.
The same questions come to mind, and only the OP knows their true intend.

If I joined a group on the Internet (be is regarding travelling, DIY or whatever) and I feel that it isn't for me anymore, I'll just move on. Posting a message saying how bad I feel that others get to travel doesn't serve any purpose. It is more logical to just move on and do what is best for your circumstances.

I wish the OP peace on their way forward to recovery.

Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
You should do what's best for YOU! You felt comfortable freely joining this site and you can of course leave, but if you are honest with yourself you came here at your lowest point and at some point you got better, that's great, I'm happy for you! Post like this can be offensive to others and especially people you had spoken to can view themselves as burdens for you. I hope wherever you go and do ends up at a beautiful destination for you. Simply leave if you must but please have empathy for others as you post your goodbyes. Maybe a thank you would have been a better choice of words. But best wishes to you 🥰

Reactions: betternever2havbeen, dialogos and GettingOut
W

WaitingAllMyLife

Jul 4, 2022
I've been thinking of leaving the forum for the opposite reason - the more failed attempts I read the more I fear it happening to me and that makes me LESS likely to try. I had never considered SI before and now it terrifies me and keeps me up at night. Will I be able to do the deed when the time comes? These are worries I didn't have before.

Reactions: soviet_connection1