• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Experienced
Feb 25, 2024
If I will ctb at home leaving my big windows open (creating a wind), and my corpse will be here for days or weeks. Will it eliminate the problem with smell accumulating in home environment? I mean, I would like for others to avoid expensive repairs of the home after my death.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forveleth, kms2nite, TheGoodGuy and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Personally, I think it would be better to send out a delayed email to someone informing them to call the authorities to your address. Obviously leaving it long enough for the attempt to be successful. You'd obviously have to cancel the email if you aborted or failed the attempt.

I imagine opening the windows would allow more flies in though = maggots. I don't know how long that all takes but I'm pretty sure flies can smell death quickly.

I would definitely lay thick plastic down underneath me to help the poor sods who have to collect my body and deal with the mess.

I'm no expert though. I think we do have one or two morticians here who would know more...

Reactions: mtoro998, Relic, thewalkingdread and 1 other person
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
I agree. Send a delayed email. It's unfortunate enough someone having to find the body anyway. A severely decayed body will not only look awful but will stink to high heaven. I've thankfully not experienced such a smell but it's gross enough to make one throw up. Not pleasant.

lostinwoe

lostinwoe

woefully bound to death.
Mar 1, 2024
do it outside or send a delayed email

if you watch one of those timelapse videos on yt you can see how disgusting it will get

or atleast do it on a tarp so your fluids dont get everywhere

Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
Decomposition starts immediately from the moment of death. From there, it will depend on the ambient temperature on how fast it will progress. Flies might actually not be a problem, they will clean up a lot of mess that would otherwise flow everywhere. There was a guy who died in the apartment building cellar, a hot and humid environment. After they scraped him together and shoveled into a bag and got out of the door, everyone on the street ran off. Dead for two weeks with no flies.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Forveleth, Forever Sleep and Alex Fermentopathy
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I don't think that you can avoid the smell of a decomposing body this way. It depends on your living environment. Not that this is recent news but it already happened that really old people in their 80's and 90's died naturally while watching TV in multi story buildings and when they were actually discovered they were only skeletons anymore after many months bc they had no one left who asked about them. Anyway, y would you care so much about your dead body? it's just a decaying cluster of atoms, nothing else.

thegoldengirls

thegoldengirls

Student
Feb 10, 2024
If I will ctb at home leaving my big windows open (creating a wind), and my corpse will be here for days or weeks. Will it eliminate the problem with smell accumulating in home environment? I mean, I would like for others to avoid expensive repairs of the home after my death.
I didn't think about this. This reminds me to turn on the air conditioner when I ctb, and I will put as much padding underneath me to leave as little of mess for authorities.

Reactions: Alcoholic Teletubby
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Body bags retain fluids and prevent insects getting in…and help prevent the people finding you from inadvertently seeing a potentially traumatising dead body.

Reactions: Forveleth
BrainShower

BrainShower

Tiny storm
Nov 7, 2023
Personally, I think it would be better to send out a delayed email to someone informing them to call the authorities to your address. Obviously leaving it long enough for the attempt to be successful. You'd obviously have to cancel the email if you aborted or failed the attempt.

I imagine opening the windows would allow more flies in though = maggots. I don't know how long that all takes but I'm pretty sure flies can smell death quickly.

I would definitely lay thick plastic down underneath me to help the poor sods who have to collect my body and deal with the mess.

I'm no expert though. I think we do have one or two morticians here who would know more...
The plastic is a good idea.

Reactions: Forever Sleep
Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Experienced
Feb 25, 2024
I am reluctant to make delayed messages because I am afraid of... what if I will be the first person in the world managed to survive after 2 days of hanging in the noose, for example? I know that sounds as barely possible, but the cost of such mistake would be too big for me.

I cannot afford the risk of being hospitalized or sectioned, because they will not allow me to take my meds for undiagnosed orphan disease (and this disease is number one reason for my desire to catch the bus).
Also for this reason I feel much safer doing it at home.

So I think the best I can do is doing it at winter with opposite big windows open.

Reactions: Forveleth
bac-9271

bac-9271

it's over
Feb 29, 2024
I too am interested in the question of keeping my body as pristine as possible on discovery to minimize trauma for my family. Delayed emails are risky, because if I fail I'll be in a lot of trouble.
What method should I use? What about diet? Should I fast?