E

Elaina

May 16, 2018
Would it be best to leave a note explaining why I've chosen to kill myself? I've tried to explain to my mom why my life sucks and she just tells me to stop feeling sorry for myself. I just want someone to understand why I'm choosing to leave but no one understands.

Reactions: dano6533
Hanger

Hanger

Noosedancer
May 29, 2018
Leaving a note is better than talking to someone who wouldn´t understand. I will levae a note explaining y pain fears and everything that makes me leve this world

Reactions: dano6533 and Elaina
E

Emily

May 31, 2018
This is the hardest part for me to decide on. On one hand it could be helpful to explain why I've done it to give people closure; on the other hand I worry that it will cause people more pain if they obsess over it and read too much into it.

For example, if I say, "please look after each other", my family might think I'm implying they didn't do a good enough job of looking after me.

I think I'll just leave something simple like "I'm truly sorry and I love you all very much."

At the end of the day, they're going to be faced with the fact that their much-loved daughter hated herself and her life, and died alone, out of her mind on drugs, hanging from a tree with a broken neck, at 19 years old. Nothing in the world can make that hurt less.

Reactions: dano6533, Nihilistnow, Elaina and 2 others
El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
If there are people who care about you, I think it's best to leave a note. Short and simple, not a whole "tell your whole life story" thing, but enough to make it clear that it was a well thought-out decision and not just an impulsive action.

I'm planning on writing separate notes for a few different people and sending them through delayed email.

For my mom, I'm going to include something like, "I know you're going to blame yourself, but I hope that over time, you will learn to accept that it wasn't your fault. I know you did your best."

Reactions: dano6533, Nihilistnow, Darkspring and 5 others