P

prezmyl

Aug 4, 2023
I tried my method yesterday, but my set up failed, there was a leakage between N2 tank and flow meter I tried to tighten it, but it did not help.
I mounted it together few days back and there was no leakage and I let it like that, but the gasket probably somehow degraded over few days or it has to be really tighten up using a lot of force. I do not know why it happens, if it is common thing or none. Any tips?

dialogos

dialogos

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
Can you get a new gasket sized for your valve?

P

prezmyl

Aug 4, 2023
Can you get a new gasket sized for your valve?
I can, but not sure it was the gasket, since I used it twice and it still looks the same, not sure if you have to open the valve very very slowly maybe if not, it can cause some shock wave that can disrupt the joint or
maybe someone else has similar experience with it, hence the question

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
My reg does not have a gasket. Did you use a spanner to tighten it ?

P

prezmyl

Aug 4, 2023
yes, I did use the one with adjustable size (french wranch probablye the name), since I do not have fixed spanner of that size, maybe I need to tighten it even more, but I did what I could with it.

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
yes, I did use the one with adjustable size (french wranch probablye the name), since I do not have fixed spanner of that size, maybe I need to tighten it even more, but I did what I could with it.
I find those a bit flimsy and bought a 32mm spanner. Obviously you should not over tighten anything but it takes one or two spins until it's properly tight.

Reactions: prezmyl