L

Louise Payne

Sep 13, 2023
My nation's Penal Code Section 309 states that: Whoever attempts to commit suicide, and does any act towards the commission of such offence, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year or with fine or with both.

This means if I am going to attempt to CTB... i need to have a 100% success rate. I cannot leave anything to chance.

Do you also find it hard to find a way to CTB?

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, ChronicallyCynical and 3 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Thats just disgusting, how senseless can one be to punish someone who just wants to find peace with imprisonment!?

In this case, it is imperative that you find a foolproof plan if you want to avoid having to pay a fine or even get a prison sentence. I'm sorry your country is like that, it is truly ignorant how the government views those who just want relief from suffering as people who deserve to be punished. Hopefully you won't fall into such a situation of being put in prison. Best wishes.

Reactions: Louise Payne, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, ChronicallyCynical and 2 others
thebookofdisquiet.

thebookofdisquiet.

Student
Sep 9, 2023
What the hell. "Your life sucks so bad that you'd rather go against your human nature and kill yourself??? Guess debt or, even better, JAIL, will be good for you! ;)"

Reactions: Louise Payne, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, ChronicallyCynical and 3 others
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
How dare you try to escape this spinning blue prison... your punishment, yet another prison! That'll learn ya!

Reactions: Louise Payne, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu and ChronicallyCynical
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
My nation's Penal Code Section 309 states that: Whoever attempts to commit suicide, and does any act towards the commission of such offence, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year or with fine or with both.

This means if I am going to attempt to CTB... i need to have a 100% success rate. I cannot leave anything to chance.

Do you also find it hard to find a way to CTB?
This is absolutely ridiculous🤨 If a person attempts suicide and don't succeed, they wake up to find they committed a crime and possibly go to jail? But you can overdose on heroin and get narcan for free 🤔Something don't seem right here 🙄

Reactions: Louise Payne, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, ChronicallyCynical and 1 other person
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
In previous centuries in Christian countries suicide attemps and seccessful suicides were seen as murder because somebody dies... even if it is yourself and nobody else. The whole "you shall not murder" thing from the ten commandments. This was then mostly replaced by suicide prohibition as modern understandings of mental health came into fashion and then many countries stopped viewing suicide as a crime however some still do and this is because of earlier Christian traditions.

Either way it sucks and is completely ridiculous.

• Hugs
Reactions: Louise Payne and ChronicallyCynical
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, suicide certainly is so cruelly and unnecessarily difficult in this hellish world, the fact that suicide methods are either risky or inaccessible is what has kept me trapped here, if there was a way to just instantly and permanently escape from this existence in peace then that would be such a relief.

And it's just beyond disgusting and inhumane how suicide is still illegal in some places it shows that we truly do exist in hell, I despise how delusional humans just create way more suffering by how they make existence into a prison.

Reactions: Louise Payne, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Yes it's hard to find a suitable way to CTB because all peaceful methods (especially N) are banned or inaccessible. People are pushed into using methods with higher failure rates which also may be less peaceful and laws against suicide are a crime in itself. This is really disgusting to threaten suicidal people who just want to leave this world peacefully with a prison sentence.

I hope you find peace.

Reactions: Louise Payne, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, アホペンギン and 1 other person
ChronicallyCynical

ChronicallyCynical

Natural pessimist, born quitter.
Sep 9, 2023
That is ridiculous.

You're not harming anyone else save yourself, and frankly, it is your body, your life, and your choice. It shouldn't be illegal.

I wish you luck.

Reactions: Louise Payne, アホペンギン, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Google comes up with 20 countries that still treat suicide as a crime. That's got to just be a whole other shitty thing to deal with. I'm sorry. It's not actually that long ago in the UK that it was treated as a crime. The suicide act only came in in 1961 here. I hope your country sees sense soon.

Reactions: ChronicallyCynical and Louise Payne
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
Dead people don't pay taxes, can't tithe, can't be slaves, can't be mindless consumer worker bees. Can't be exploited. We don't have leaders, we have owners. If you try to ctb and fail and get caught you'll be thrown in a cage, injected with drugs, reeducated.

Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, ChronicallyCynical and Louise Payne
D

deep_end

How've you been?
Sep 9, 2023
It makes it worse when you just think about the amount of people who sat around, looked at that law and said "yeah that makes sense and seems morally correct. Pass the law"

Reactions: ChronicallyCynical, Louise Payne and xxpinkmoonglitterxx