LavenderMemories

LavenderMemories

Wandering to the bus stop
Jan 14, 2020
I guess I enjoy the mysticism of it all. I enjoy the reading and watching bravery, magic, and hope. The idea that there is a solution. The idea something magical can happen when you least expect it.

I watch and read about time travel, sword fights, flying through the clouds, magic spells, fighting armies to get back to true love..

I like to imagine that there's something special about me and because of that I'm swept away on a life changing, epic journey.

What helps you escape?

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Brick In The Wall, Nemeshisu and 3 others
Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
Internet and video games.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream and Mr2005
Rhyme

Rhyme

Sleep now and carry on into the black of the night
Jan 18, 2020
Funny, same thing here. I've been eyeballing the LoTR trilogy and the Harry Potter books again but I don't know if I wanna start such a big commitment. :))

Wish I still had my passion for video games. I'm pretty much checked out if I bother launching a game at all. Hopefully some of the new releases this year will reignite it.

LavenderMemories

LavenderMemories

Jan 14, 2020
Funny, same thing here. I've been eyeballing the LoTR trilogy and the Harry Potter books again but I don't know if I wanna start such a big commitment. :))

Wish I still had my passion for video games. I'm pretty much checked out if I bother launching a game at all. Hopefully some of the new releases this year will reignite it.

Same here! I used to play video games all the time. I used to love to game with my friends. Alas, I haven't even turned on my PC in months.

Reactions: enigmática saudade and Brick In The Wall
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
I used to read a lot of fantasy books in the school to distract myself from boring lessons. On a 128x160px phone screen, yeah.

I've switched to games and just scrolling through endless internet feeds for last few years, though I'm trying to stay distraction free now, it's been one week so far.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and WhyIsLife56
Rhyme

Rhyme

Jan 18, 2020
though I'm trying to stay distraction free now, it's been one week so far.
That's really impressive to me. I think the last time I was distraction free was when I didn't have any internet access. Keep it up.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
That's really impressive to me. I think the last time I was distraction free was when I didn't have any internet access. Keep it up.
Well it's not exactly free, old habits die hard after all, but I don't feel like I'm wasting time pretty much at all. It's quite hard though :)

Rhyme

Rhyme

Jan 18, 2020
Well it's not exactly free, old habits die hard after all, but I don't feel like I'm wasting time pretty much at all. It's quite hard though :)
For sure. You'd have to become a monk and move into the mountains to be totally distraction free.

LavenderMemories

LavenderMemories

Jan 14, 2020
I used to read a lot of fantasy books in the school to distract myself from boring lessons. On a 128x160px phone screen, yeah.

I've switched to games and just scrolling through endless internet feeds for last few years, though I'm trying to stay distraction free now, it's been one week so far.

That is impressive. I'd lose even more of my mind without distraction!

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Mr2005
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
Music and anime but it's getting harder to distract myself lately. So I just listen to music in the background

Reactions: Nemeshisu, TheSoulless and Mr2005
Aleandra Felix

Aleandra Felix

Give me peace or give me death
Jan 2, 2020
Weird as it may seem, the chaos of the world distracts me. I like books where characters are going through hell, I read bad news, geopolitics, I like movies that depicts the raw reality, criminal cases are also a good distraction for me. I just like tragic and problematic stories in general. This does two things to me 1) validates my view that life is a fucking nightmare 2) calms me down a little bit when I stop to think there are people having it worse and how bad my life could get

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
SNES games and Vangelis music

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and CynicalHopelessness
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
Video games, although I get bored quickly. Also music and listening to BBC radio 4

H

Heart of Ice

Chillin'
Sep 26, 2019
I play video games, watch Youtube videos and cartoons from Kimcartoon and lately I've been experimenting with binaural beats with my new expensive headphones I bought with the free money the state gives me for "studying".

TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
At the time it's primarily anime for me, with video games sometimes. I used to read a lot of fantasy when I was younger. I like fantasy-related pictures and concepts and have thought about writing my own stories, but I always become discouraged – I tend to lose the drive after a few days. Haven't gotten that for some time now, though.

Since I'm a musician, it would make sense for music to be a way to escape, but I actually don't listen to a lot of music. I don't feel anything when I do. It doesn't move me at all.

I often become immersed in a certain series, and the fact that more episodes are waiting for me keeps me going. When it ends, my mind becomes dark again. It's like waking up from a really good dream.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Nemeshisu
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I turn to playing the piano, but lately just reading and playing video games because I don't like my anxiety related issues that cause me to fuck up playing the piano (long story though).

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Nemeshisu and TheSoulless
Nemeshisu

Nemeshisu

Experienced
Dec 25, 2019
Listening to music. I don't like any noise so listening to music helps me to ignore it. Only other hobbies that help me to distract myself are reading and writing but I can only focus on it while there is no noise. I used to enjoy a lot of things like anime, video games, various movies but none of these distractions work anymore.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and TheSoulless
Chalken

Chalken

Decaying
Nov 20, 2018
TV series, video games, listening to music, reading sci-fi and fantasy occasionally. Anime sometimes, too.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I'm a indie game developer and musician so I often work on that as a distraction. That and drugs... lots and lots of drugs!

Reactions: Chalken
Chalken

Chalken

Decaying
Nov 20, 2018
I'm a indie game developer and musician so I often work on that as a distraction. That and drugs... lots and lots of drugs!
Do you mind sharing some games and music that you've worked on?

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Do you mind sharing some games and music that you've worked on?
I would but I'm a solo developer so it'd obviously give away who I am. I do it as a side job currently and make okay money on it. Maybe one day I'll be able to make a full time career of it.

Reactions: Chalken
Chalken

Chalken

Decaying
Nov 20, 2018
I would but I'm a solo developer so it'd obviously give away who I am. I do it as a side job currently and make okay money on it. Maybe one day I'll be able to make a full time career of it.
I see. Well, good luck to you, I hope you continue working on it.

Inferdan

Inferdan

Meeting the first minor relapse after recovery
Nov 3, 2019
My options have been dwindling thin recently. My passion for drawing and developing my stories have vanished, and even the meander scrolling through memes and related have started to feel fruitless. I guess they still count, for a do force myself to draw at times to try and reignite the flame, but besides that, there is not much else besides music, which I honestly don't know if it even is one.

Kneel

Kneel

Jan 24, 2020
Binging on anime on my free time although I'm running out of interesting shows to watch. Music used to help but now I just feel frustrated when I can't find anything new to listen to instead of having the same songs on repeat.

Candy_Catalyst

Candy_Catalyst

Doggy, let's play fetch.
Mar 20, 2023
Anything that can hold my interest for a few hours or is loud enough that I can't think I guess?

Meru

Meru

Mar 19, 2023
No matter what i always have lingering thoughts, most if not always intrusive. But i really enjoy drowning out the voices with loud music, or just drawing and creating art. Honestly too, taking your feelings out on writing or art is the best way to express myself. it gives me something to focus on and consitrate.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
CuteThing

CuteThing

i order the same subway every time i go to subway
Mar 22, 2023
the biggest disctraction for me is music, im always listening, cant remember last time i spent a day without listening to it, i also like watchinh youtube videos, playing bloons td6 is also a great distraction, but it gets kinda boring after a while, i love the portal and half life series and i play them a lot, i also love 1984 by george orwell, my favorite book by far and i have read it about 8 times by now.

plurkid

plurkid

Night is right
Mar 16, 2023
Try playing dungeons and dragons! I've fallen in love with the game because it helps me escape this shit reality and live in the shoes of a great hero/ villain and cause all sorts of shinanegans I'm tol afraid to try in real life. And it's a Great place to meet similar awkward people like yourself 😁

H

H.O.Xan

Experienced
Feb 1, 2023
manga, cooking vids, guitar tab videos, or just tv series, or movie clips, i'm starting to run out of entertainment quick enough tho