S

SadCookie

Oct 17, 2023
Any recommendations? I will be gone in 8-9 hours from now.

Thank you everyone in advance!

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Unknown21, ipmanwc0 and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
My last song would be " Into dust by Mazzy star ".
I hope you find the peace you deserve.

• Love
Reactions: kitty_kat and SadCookie
gonegirl1

gonegirl1

Student
Oct 12, 2023
Slowdive's sleep. It's ethereal and calming . I think it can help with nerves and SI

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Wehmut and SadCookie
haibane

haibane

Reki
Sep 27, 2023
I would probably listen to « hardly ever smile » by poison girl friends. A very calming music imo

• Love
Reactions: SadCookie
FRUSTRATED MIND

FRUSTRATED MIND

Student
Oct 2, 2023
Listen Fade to Black by Metallica. I highly recommend Just Keep Passing The Open Windows by Queen.

• Love
Reactions: carac and SadCookie
itsraining

itsraining

Sleep With A Baseball Bat
May 18, 2023
I'd recommend Hotel by Cosmic Johnny

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Gleysson and SadCookie
notverylucid

notverylucid

Truth is... the game was rigged from the start
Aug 18, 2023
Ciara - Body Party - Instrumental. Very psychedelic and tranquil song.

• Love
Reactions: SadCookie
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I know before Bill Hicks died of cancer he read the lord of the rings, I'd like to watch the films again on my final day

• Love
Reactions: Cepi and SadCookie
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Song - 'Everybody Hurts' by R.E.M
Not sure about which film.

Good luck to you anyway.

J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
The Truman Show. I adore the ending. I'll probably watch it one last time before I leave.

Wishing you a peaceful departure ❤️

Reactions: breezeboy
P

PanaxMan

Student
Apr 11, 2023
Snowfall by Oneheart. Represents alot of people on this forum right now.

V

Verna

The Fool
Sep 25, 2023
Je te laissaire des mots by Patrick Watson would be my recommendation for music. Its soft, sombre, and for me, holds significant personal value.
the translated lyrics make it better.

as for films, i'm not sure as i don't personally watch them.

• Love
Reactions: Gleysson
G

Gleysson

Hey, you. You're finally awake
Oct 10, 2023
I'd recommend Hotel by Cosmic Johnny
Delicious song. Sad, melancholic, some tones of indignation. The upbeat gives you the drive you need. Very nice song. All songs here are amazing. It's incredible how suicidal people have just an amazing taste in music.

If I had to choose, I'd go depending on my circumstances.

For love related indignation and sorrow: All I Want - Kodaline / Always With Me - East Winds Ensemble (the flute gets me)

For a strong return of my suicidal thoughts and unending internal suffering and constant panic: nothing, just impulse (I know it's not good, but when I was in those states, I didn't think straight)

For a thought out one: Time To Rest Your Weary Head - Jacob Collier

For a driving related "accident", of course on an empty road (I don't think I'd ever CTB this way intentionally because I drive really slowly and chill and absolutely never drink and drive): In The Curve - Avett Brothers

But whenever I'm a bit down or in need of facing some problems, I try and listen to Keep Forgiving by Levi The Poet (it's not a song, but the poem suits well in my bowels and soul) // 9pm on a Sunday followed by New Place to Beging by Khai Dreams has held me in place many times // Everything Goes On by Porter Robinson always gives me strength // Poems Prayers and Promises - John Denver (there hasn't been a single time I haven't cried listening to this song)
About movies. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty// About Time // Encanto // Coco // Spirited Away // Howls Moving Castle

Reactions: itsraining
S

SadCookie

Oct 17, 2023
SOmehow Im still alive..
back here to put this masterpiece here.

Some place nice

Some place nice

This world makes me sick
Oct 18, 2023
My last movie funny enough would be the book of life. Last song is pretty hard to pick tho.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
Guess I'm a little late here but
Alien 1 (1979)

Otherwise

Arrival - but that movie has 0 rewatch value ..
But if u haven't seen it I would go for that one

new2blue

new2blue

Student
Dec 11, 2023
Alien 1. One of the best films ever made. I like you, in another life we might have been friends!

As for me it depends on the circumstances, something frantic for something violent like breakcore.

Something calm for something peaceful, ocean waves, or maybe even Panchiko (for that otherworldly etheral vibe)

Last movie... thats tough. Could I pick a short series? If so, firefly, so I can die cursing greedy studios for destroying any chance of a season 2. "You bastards!"

O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
Oh I forgot

Eyes wide shut is a great Christmas movie as well

PrettyPotato

PrettyPotato

Student
Dec 11, 2023
Last movie - Miracle Mile.
Probably old enough / indie enough that most here haven't seen it. Beautiful but tragic movie that has stuck with me for decades.

hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
for me I want my last movie to be the titanic.
last song.. oof hard choice. maybe Home by Edith Whiskers

Reactions: oddetoad
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
For my last movie I guess I would watch 7 pounds.
Last song is definitely Bella Goldwins cover of Somewhere over the rainbow.

Reactions: hi-okbye
CheekyPhobia

CheekyPhobia

Reasonless, well it stands to reason...
Aug 1, 2022
Buffalo 66 is a nice sombre film. I don't know if I could watch anything on my date of CTB though. I'd probably stare at the ceiling thinking about it all until my ride arrived.

G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Music = Linkin park - leave out all the rest and howie day - end of our days ( this song as suicide feeling all over it, this is the song at the end of the documentary "the bridge" when Gene jump from golden gate at the end.

🎶 at the end of our days , we'll escape🎶

Movies = into the wild and shawshank redemption.

Last edited:
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
for me I want my last movie to be the titanic.
last song.. oof hard choice. maybe Home by Edith Whiskers
Titanic is cozy yes .. it's sad that it doesnt give the same magic as when you first saw it though (goes for all movies tho)

hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
Titanic is cozy yes .. it's sad that it doesnt give the same magic as when you first saw it though (goes for all movies tho)
yes I agree, I've kept that one as my choice but I've been considering other stuff. I've watched it a few times and while I love the idea, it seems to get a bit old after time. I'm not really sure what else to watch though. maybe all movies of a dogs life. I want something that pertains to the idea of love, but also death. feels fitting for my situation.

Catch-22

Catch-22

But in the end it doesn't even matter...😢
Aug 19, 2019
Without giving my age away😁 it would probably be something from Madonna or Stevie Nicks ... I'm far from being a teenager. The two artists I listened to at a point in my life where I actually didn't feel like dying.

SaveOurLastGoodbye

SaveOurLastGoodbye

Looking at bus schedules
Jan 14, 2024
I am a huge Star Wars fan so if I were to leave, I would watch a marathon of every single Star Wars movie (except the Sequels, I already want to end it all as is).