Sadness20

Sadness20

Experienced
Nov 1, 2021
Has anyone here ever tried the mood stabilizer lamothrigin? I don't really want to look it up much because that would probably make me go crazy. If anyone has tried it please comment here

Harriet

Harriet

Nov 24, 2021
I'm on lamotrigine, a mood stabiliser and it's massively evened out my highs and lows but I feel quite numb now. Guessing that's the same as you?

• Love
Reactions: Sadness20
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
I've been on it for a couple of years now.

It does little to nothing for me positive or negative (honestly don't know why I'm still taking it :c) but I've heard good things anecdotally from people who say that lamotrigine really helped them when other meds couldn't.

• Love
ketchup sandwich

ketchup sandwich

Lost
Sep 15, 2020
I took it for 6 months without any notable changes

• Love
Sadness20

Sadness20

Experienced
Nov 1, 2021
I'm on lamotrigine, a mood stabiliser and it's massively evened out my highs and lows but I feel quite numb now. Guessing that's the same as you?
Evening out highs and lows sounds great though

Reactions: Harriet
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
My brain fog is very bad tonight. I read the title several times and could not understand how Lamborghini could stabilize mood…

Reactions: doefauna and tryingtoescape
nex

nex

Student
May 3, 2021
I've been on lamotrigine for years, 100 mg per day. At this dose, it helps me to be pretty stabilisied. We tried higher doses, but that made me too numb and indifferent. At the same time, no dose (up to 400 mg) was high enough to prevent me from falling into the abyss under the wrong circumstances. At this level, it stabilises me enough without side effects that I really appreciate having it. No comparison to how some antidepressants like Fluoxetine and Paroxetine fucked me up.

But just as a reminder, different meds do different things to different people. My experience with them is in no way a guideline for anyone else.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ego Sum Medusa and Sadness20
Apathy's Girl

Apathy's Girl

Student
Jul 20, 2020
I have been on 300mg/day for about 15 years. I still have cycles but not too frequently. I think I'm kind of numb and apathetic about most things in life, but I think I was kind of like that before I started taking my meds. It's really hard to say at this point (my memory is awful, partially due to taking topiramate - also for about 15 years). I think my meds are one of the reasons I'm still alive, not necessarily that I want to live, I just don't have the energy or drive to die.

• Love
Reactions: Ego Sum Medusa and Sadness20
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I've been on it briefly, made no difference to me, still relapsed in the end and the doctor changed it.

• Love
Sadness20

Sadness20

Experienced
Nov 1, 2021
My brain fog is very bad tonight. I read the title several times and could not understand how Lamborghini could stabilize mood…
Lmao Lamothrigin is a medication

Reactions: Callie Arcale
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I also take that med for 2 years 300mg daily, my doc wanted me to go to 600, but I told him I'm fine with 300mg. No side effects for me.

Ego Sum Medusa

Ego Sum Medusa

I am the Crone.
Sep 28, 2021
I am on Lamictal, 200mg daily and experience no side-effects. I have been on as much as 400mg previously, but like a lot of people have already mentioned, it was much too sedating. 200mg seems to be about level for me. I still need anti-anxiety meds, however.

The thing is, I would say that Lamictal has no real effect on me, except that I feel it's absence when I don't take it; that's when I realize I need it.

One of the nice things about Lamictal is that it is one of the few psychotropics that does not cause weight gain or loss of sex drive.

D

DeerHunter

Dec 14, 2021
I have bipolar. I've been on it before but can't remember how it helped.

My current doc is suggesting I go back on it however.

Right now I'm just suicidal a lot, so the hope is that it makes me less depressed.
It's a mood stabilizer.