Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
P. Much what the title says. It gives me such a feeling of lacking permanence...

I feel lonely, bored etc etc. I feel soo disconnected... i am disconnected...

With things mostly online it makes me feel worse. So many groups are sooo impersonal in such a way...

I am still figuring out interests and such... im p. busy during the week and relax a bit during the weekend...

All in all I just feel disconnected/lonely/ etc etc and its not an instant fix or anything.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Makko, Computer Blue and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so lonely.
I'm actually a loner but I chose this. I only talk to my students and people here on SS.

If you still haven't, you'll meet great people here. I've made some friends and even met with a member IRL and it was awesome.

Wish you the best and hope things improve!

• Hugs
Reactions: Livingvsdying25
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Same. I don't think I've ever had a real friend irl. I've had chances to get to know people but my social anxiety and paranoia always gets in the way. I've kinda just accepted I'll probably be mainly alone for the rest of my life. Honestly as scary and sad as that sounds i'm kinda at peace with it. I've already weighed the pros and cons in my situation.

But I think I'd go crazy if I didn't chat with someone online every now and then. Even if its a total stranger. Although I don't like talking about myself much I do like to talk about my fav shows,movies,or whatever I'm interested in.

I hope things get better for you op. Even just having one real connection with one person would be good enough in this lifetime.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Imaginos and Livingvsdying25
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
P. Much what the title says. It gives me such a feeling of lacking permanence...

I feel lonely, bored etc etc. I feel soo disconnected... i am disconnected...

With things mostly online it makes me feel worse. So many groups are sooo impersonal in such a way...

I am still figuring out interests and such... im p. busy during the week and relax a bit during the weekend...

All in all I just feel disconnected/lonely/ etc etc and its not an instant fix or anything.
Yah, I feel the same.

• Hugs
Reactions: Livingvsdying25
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I like the feeling of rootlessness and impermanence. I enjoy the childish lightness and carefreeness that social disconnection brings. I can come and go as I please. I can get in and out of touch with people at my convenience without missing or being missed afterwards. I don't have to rely on anyone. I can be in constant motion. I can experience new things. I don't have to think about how anything I do affects others, I can be fickle and capricious. I don't have to take responsibility for anyone. I can't imagine a life that isn't like this.

If you can't love people, you must love ideas. Let the abstract things be your passion. As a side effect, it will attract people to you.

• Love
Reactions: Anxieyote, Good4Nothing, lofticries and 1 other person
Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
I don't think I've ever had a real friend irl. I've had chances to get to know people but my social anxiety and paranoia always gets in the way. I've kinda just accepted I'll probably be mainly alone for the rest of my life. Honestly as scary and sad as that sounds i'm kinda at peace with it. I've already weighed the pros and cons in my situation.

But I think I'd go crazy if I didn't chat with someone online every now and then. Even if its a total stranger. Although I don't like talking about myself much I do like to talk about my fav shows,movies,or whatever I'm interested in.

Yep, that's pretty much where I'm at as well. I had opportunities for IRL friendships when I was a kid, but I bailed out of all of them due to anxiety. However, I actually had no problems with loneliness for most of my life, until about 5 years ago where it suddenly started to ravage me for the first time and it hasn't let up since. Nowadays, although I'm not really at peace with it fully, I have to accept that I simply can't form attachments/relationships to other human beings which, as a consequence, will leave me alone for the rest of my life.

In my case, I'm just glad that, despite everything else, I still have my mom to confide in, bounce my thoughts off of, and to have deep conversations with. There are a lot of days where it doesn't feel like enough to fill the void for me, but I'd be way off the deep end if she weren't there to talk to, or weren't as understanding/insightful as she is. I can be perfectly candid in what I'm feeling or thinking (even when it comes to the darkest shit) and, unlike most mothers out there I'd assume, mine really understands.

Which sucks in a way because she also struggles with a sense of depression of her own, which partly explains why she gets me so well. Still, pretty much any abstract topic I can think of is something I can discuss in depth with her and for it to, usually, lead to a pretty stimulating back and forth conversation. The only thing I really can't talk with her about are what remains of my more hobby-like interests, such as film/TV watching or video games. That's where this site can be helpful, but even then it can be tough to find someone to talk about specific things with.

• Hugs
Reactions: Livingvsdying25 and lofticries