• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

NullSz00

NullSz00

"You are all the things that are wrong with you."
Feb 22, 2024
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, but I just don't know who else can I ask this.

So, I just need to know how do I overcome this lack of motivation. I've been having difficulty with this for quite some time, and it got to the point where I don't even want to get up from bed and I also stopped enjoying doing things that I like.

People have told me that this is a big deal and I don't know how to deal with it, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Hugs
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, sserafim, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Bed

Bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
No idea if this will help but it helps me from time to time. i tell myself ill do something for just 5 minutes and then i'll stop if i no longer want to continue whatever it is. generally i'll keep on going for longer than that to finish whatever needs to be done.

setting up a routine can also help although that is challenging and there is no single right or wrong answer to go about it. having a good sleep schedule will help with it though.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: sserafim, NullSz00, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Upvote 1
D

DeIetedUser4739

Apr 21, 2024
Struggling with it for almost 8 months now, the subject of death is the only thing I find interesting. I wish things would go back to how they were but I hate everything so can't even try to do anything.

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, sserafim, NullSz00 and 1 other person
Upvote 0
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
"Lack of motivation" is a complex thing. Why did you lose motivation? have you been unsuccessful with many things in the past months r even years? Is its a question of age? Do you have anything in life you really want to achieve bc it's your personal dream?

The thought of death can also be a "motivation" bc it's the relief from all agony and pain we have to go through but in the same time this hinders us to be motivated for sth else once we reached that stage that we see a relief in death. It becomes more and more difficult to get out of this cycle the longer it persists.

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, sserafim and NullSz00
Upvote 0