InigoDeux40

InigoDeux40

Under The Killing Moon
Jun 16, 2024
Recently, my only remaining friend approached me with an idea to enroll together in an online course to work in call centers, with the intention of saving money, purchasing household items, and eventually moving in together to archieve independence. While the proposal seemed practical, well searched and my friend is genuinely nice, introverted and the contrary of clingy, I couldn't bring myself to commit to such a goal. Truth be told, I lack any real ambitions or passions, and I'm surprisingly content with that. I'm not aspiring to make a significant breakthrough in my life. When I had previous jobs I would simply spend my earnings on food without a second thoug. There was a time when another ex-friend would constantly pester me about buying myself a new phone, but my disinterest in making any effort made me find him annoying even though he was not doing anything wrong. I have no desire to commit to anything or anyone, set goals, or dream big. Currently, my sole focus revolves around purchasing materials like paint and stuff for a journal I am creating. Curiously, this is the only thing that holds my interest and keeps me from exit life. I couldn't care less about what's happening in college or any other aspect of life. The only motivation I have to make an effort and keep going is that darn journal.

This is just a vent, something I wanted to talk about for a while. I'm not looking for advice or anything like that, I know it sound concerning but I truly give a damn about life right now.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: AbusedInnocent, Lostandlooking, EternalSummer and 3 others
EternalSummer

EternalSummer

Experienced
Nov 13, 2020
I relate a lot but have no drive to write a proper response, so i'll only say that i feel your pain bro.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: InigoDeux40, Kavka, AbusedInnocent and 1 other person
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Recently, my only remaining friend approached me with an idea to enroll together in an online course to work in call centers, with the intention of saving money, purchasing household items, and eventually moving in together to archieve independence. While the proposal seemed practical, well searched and my friend is genuinely nice, introverted and the contrary of clingy, I couldn't bring myself to commit to such a goal. Truth be told, I lack any real ambitions or passions, and I'm surprisingly content with that. I'm not aspiring to make a significant breakthrough in my life. When I had previous jobs I would simply spend my earnings on food without a second thoug. There was a time when another ex-friend would constantly pester me about buying myself a new phone, but my disinterest in making any effort made me find him annoying even though he was not doing anything wrong. I have no desire to commit to anything or anyone, set goals, or dream big. Currently, my sole focus revolves around purchasing materials like paint and stuff for a journal I am creating. Curiously, this is the only thing that holds my interest and keeps me from exit life. I couldn't care less about what's happening in college or any other aspect of life. The only motivation I have to make an effort and keep going is that darn journal.

This is just a vent, something I wanted to talk about for a while. I'm not looking for advice or anything like that, I know it sound concerning but I truly give a damn about life right now.
That's OK. Some people are just like that. My husband doesn't have much in the way of drive or ambition either. (I do, and we work well as a team. If I had someone as driven as me as a partner it would be WW3 every day.)

B

brokeandbroken

Paragon
Apr 18, 2023

I'm someone with a ton of ambition and drive and it didn't me any good. I worked my ass off working a job going to undergrad. Worked after undergrad predominately at an oncology clinic. Got into medical school (overseas-in Poland-I'm American)... And was part of the oncology research group all four years I was there and president the last year.... I was the victim of numerous crimes by the university and illegally forced out the last year. Despite all of this hard work, sacrifice, blood sweat and tears. No one gave a shit. No one. My parents essentially disowned me, all my friends ran for the hills, and the governments couldn't care less about me. Now I can't get a job if I didn't it would be minimum wage basically. I am living in a board and lodge basically homeless. I'd have assumed beforehand if you worked hard and were a good person (okay fine maybe this is questionable) you'd get help if something happened. That is apparently not true. So why anyone would work hard is beyond me. I'm proof hard work doesn't pay off. In fact it is apparently harmful as I have a shitload of academic debt 160k. So you are fine. Why would you?