• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

L

lostinthebleak

Nov 16, 2021
One method I've been contemplating is full suspension. When researching photos I've often seen hangman's nooses used but members on this forum seem to call for slip knots. I'm genuinely curious as to why. I have made a hangman's for practice and it seems like it would be sturdy enough if I used it on a tree branch near the woods in my neighborhood. If a slip knot is a better option I'd really love to know why. I've read the hanging mega thread but it's full of different and in some ways contradictory info. Thanks guys/girls in advance

Reactions: Meteora, Therealnobody and FreeZebra
T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
One method I've been contemplating is full suspension. When researching photos I've often seen hangman's nooses used but members on this forum seem to call for slip knots. I'm genuinely curious as to why. I have made a hangman's for practice and it seems like it would be sturdy enough if I used it on a tree branch near the woods in my neighborhood. If a slip knot is a better option I'd really love to know why. I've read the hanging mega thread but it's full of different and in some ways contradictory info. Thanks guys/girls in advance
Hanging megathread is indeed confusing because people discuss partial and full without specifying. I've given up in that thread.
It's not about sturdiness but how well it will close. A hangman's noose will constrict around your neck but not as well as a slipknot from everything I have read. A hangman's noose was used in execution hangings when the person would drop a significant height (e.g 6 feet). It's designed to be sturdy to break the neck. Very few people are able to do suicide by such a long drop hanging.
Suicidal hangings usually rely on the rope tightening around the neck as much as possible to cut off blood supply to the brain and the airway.
Everything I have read makes me understand the hangman's noose does not tighten as quickly and efficiently as a slipknot.

Reactions: Meteora and GettingOut
D

ddd1234

Experienced
Nov 23, 2021
Hanging megathread is indeed confusing because people discuss partial and full without specifying. I've given up in that thread.
It's not about sturdiness but how well it will close. A hangman's noose will constrict around your neck but not as well as a slipknot from everything I have read. A hangman's noose was used in execution hangings when the person would drop a significant height (e.g 6 feet). It's designed to be sturdy to break the neck. Very few people are able to do suicide by such a long drop hanging.
Suicidal hangings usually rely on the rope tightening around the neck as much as possible to cut off blood supply to the brain and the airway.
Everything I have read makes me understand the hangman's noose does not tighten as quickly and efficiently as a slipknot.
that makes sense. The interesting thing is that for centuries people were able to hang themselves without the internet, and now we need this website to succeed.

Reactions: Meteora, GettingOut, CloseFriendofCamus and 2 others
I

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
that makes sense. The interesting thing is that for centuries people were able to hang themselves without the internet, and now we need this website to succeed.
People are still able to just hang themselves without this website/internet, they just go through with it. I reckon a lot of people on this website are a little uncertain and prone to procrastination. Maybe I'm just projecting though.

Reactions: Altvtysp, CloseFriendofCamus, Shewasnomore and 1 other person
T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
People are still able to just hang themselves without this website/internet, they just go through with it. I reckon a lot of people on this website are a little uncertain and prone to procrastination. Maybe I'm just projecting though.
This is all very true. I think we on this forum just overthink everything and get really paranoid about failing whereas people maybe let's say in places without access to info and resources just go and do it like you said because...it's actually not that hard at all. Like they just grab whatever and head for a tree whereas we're like debating whether nylon or polyester rope works better and what's the breaking point and is this beam sturdy enough etc haha!

Reactions: Meteora, CloseFriendofCamus, Therealnobody and 3 others
L

lostinthebleak

Nov 16, 2021
So if I'm understanding right and ya that thread is very confusing at times. If I was to hang from say a tree that's not super tall the use of a slip knot vs hangman's noose would be more effective? I've made both in case the time comes just wanted to try to deduce which would be more effective/ quick.

Reactions: Meteora
T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
So if I'm understanding right and ya that thread is very confusing at times. If I was to hang from say a tree that's not super tall the use of a slip knot vs hangman's noose would be more effective? I've made both in case the time comes just wanted to try to deduce which would be more effective/ quick.
From what I understand if you're not jumping from a height and will just be suspending yourself/stepping off something like a bucket or a chair then slipknot is preferable. Personally I like the noose knot (NOT hangman's noose, just simple noose) better. It's almost the same as a slipknot but feels more intuitive and reliable to me. But that's just my personal preference/opinion.
You can tie both a hangman's noose and a slipknot and just test it out, put your hand in it, pull down see how well it slides, constricts etc. And then decide which will work best for you and your rope.

Reactions: Meteora, CloseFriendofCamus, Therealnobody and 1 other person
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
very helpful information, thank you so much.

I wonder what knot people use at the anchor?

sorlox

sorlox

preparations...
Dec 1, 2023
Personally, i don't like slip knot (maybe because i'm doing the wrong kind of it). Hangman's feels more comfortable, and i've already mastered it.