• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Theregoesthatidea

Theregoesthatidea

ಥ﹏ಥ
Jul 7, 2020
Any simple knots i can use to fully suspend from a tree that sticks straight up?

For a better idea of what i'm going for, i'm choosing 550lb paracord in a remote forest. Problem is, the trees in that area don't branch out the way I would like them to. I'll post a stock image of these trees below. The tree trunks get about as wide as a trustworthy branch if one was attempting to fully hang. So i got to thinkin;

How can I tie up a noose to these tree trunks such that it will hold a convulsing 200+ pound fella such as myself with out being dragged down with that weight and gingerly depositing me to my salvation?

A hitch of some kind that will hold to a vertical pole and not slip down.

I don't know if there be many knot experts in chat, but if you could maybe point me to a knot repository or something? Or is this even mechanically a sound idea? Feel free to let me know!

Attachments

• tall-coniferous-trees-and-the-canadian-rocky-mountains-alberta-canada-X47NH1.jpg
    tall-coniferous-trees-and-the-canadian-rocky-mountains-alberta-canada-X47NH1.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 12
AvaAdore

AvaAdore

When will it be?
Jul 20, 2020
I know it can be done. I have used a hammock tree strap before, it's designed to be placed vertically on the tree trunk. You can then tie your rope to it.