• Adjustable wrench
  • Hammer
  • Locking pliers
  • Rotary tool
  • Slip joint pliers
Materials Required
  • Plumber's putty
How to do it

Empty the under sink cabinet and shut off the water. Before you tear out the old sink, clear out all the cleaning bottles, buckets, pots and pans, or whatever else is in the cabinet underneath. Place old towels over the bottom of the cabinet to sop up excess water. Turn off the hot and cold water lines by twisting the valves in the cabinet clockwise, then open the faucet to drain the lines.

Disconnect the drain pipe. A few inches below the underside of the sink, the metal sink strainer will meet the metal or PVC drain pipe. Loosen the nut that connects them, either by hand (for PVC nuts) or with a wrench (for metal). There will be two of these connections if you have a double sink.

Disconnect the hot and cold water lines. These are the flexible metal tubes that connect each shut-off valve to the underside of the faucet. To disconnect them, loosen the nut above each valve with a wrench.

Disconnect the garbage disposal, if you're saving it. How the disposal is connected to the sink varies based on brand and type. Refer to your product instructions or contact the manufacturer if you need guidance. The disposal will usually be connected to the drain line with either a screw or a nut.

Cut through the sealing caulk around a top-mount sink. If your sink has a metal lip around its edge that keeps it in place, you have a top-mount. Run a utility knife around the perimeter to slice through the caulk. Work carefully if you're not also replacing the countertop.

Remove the brackets from beneath for an undermount sink. If your sink has no lip that sits on the countertop, it is an undermount that is held up from below by a series of brackets or clips. First, cut through the caulk seal by carefully running your utility knife around the top of the sink basin, where it meets the countertop.

Push up from underneath to lift out the sink. With an undermount, have your helper push up from below while you grab and lift from above. You'll have to twist and contort the sink a bit in order to fit it through the opening. If your sink cabinet has a wide opening, you may be able to pull the sink out from below instead.

Clean up the countertop around the sink opening. After the old sink is out of the way, use a razor blade or putty knife to scrape away any caulk residue around the rim of the opening. Clean the de-caulked countertop with your regular cleaning agent, then let it dry completely before installing the new sink.

Install a new sink. Essentially, you'll be performing the removal process in reverse: apply a caulk seal, drop or lift the sink into place, tighten any clips or brackets, and fix all the water, drain, and electrical connections.

Hello there. You reading this thread is not a coincidence. We are energetically aligned. We may now proceed further.

This might seem like another one of those Goodbye threads which are very prevalent on this site, and it probably is one. Yet, I refuse to say that this is a Goodbye thread. Therefore, this is a Departure Thread. I am merely stating my future Departure. I will be back. How? I'll figure things out.

Why am I departing from this mortal realm? In short I think Albert Camus was mostly right, except the need to live life. Consciousness is a mistake (except the consciousness of those who made very cool games like RDR2 and many others, as they make this pointless world a better place).

Remove the handle of a single-handle faucet to investigate. Unless you already know what kind of faucet you have — either a "ball," "cartridge," or "ceramic disk" — you'll need to look at the inner workings to figure it out. Unscrew and remove the handle itself: it may be on the lower front or rear of the handle or under a decorative cap which you can pop off to expose the allen screw.

However, since we have no way to know for sure there is no afterlife, I've thought about every type of afterlife there is and I concluded that life is not living anyway.

If there is no afterlife, we forget everything the instant our brain ceases to function. If there is one, and it's finite, then in practice it's the same as the materialistic death. If it's infinite, then the infinity dwarfs any memory we might have of our time on Earth.

This exact issue is what brought me to the state of not desiring life. However, a second issue has appeared which would make living with my family very unpleasant. I shall not mention it as it is unimportant in comparison to the existential problem.

Life was very good. I enjoyed my time here, I played a lot games, I've read a lot of books and I saw a lot of stuff. But all good things must come to an end and I refuse to die of old age. The older I'd get, the worse life would get.

Get detailed instructions for your specific faucet type. Your repair procedure will vary depending on whether you have a ball, cartridge, or ceramic disc faucet. In any case, the repair will involve several detailed steps, but the overall tools and techniques are not beyond the capability of most homeowners. Use the product instructions for your faucet, or print out a high-quality online guide with detailed images and instructions on repairing a ball, cartridge, and/or ceramic disk faucet.

I don't want to form the family that my family wants. I don't want children. The goals that I've had in life are pointless. I don't want a career, and I have no motivation whatsoever to keep studying.

Why am I writing this if everything is pointless? Because I am still alive as of writing this and thus subject to the same thoughts and emotions as everyone else. If anyone is ever curious what happened to this fan of Orks, then this thread shall serve as a sufficient explanation. If they want to fix a sink, then this thread is also useful. But the actual reason is that I am merely replicating what everyone else is doing. I have no good argument for the existence of this Departure Thread.

When will my departure occur? I don't know for certain as I really don't like to think about it. But It Shall Happen™.

How will I depart? By plane? No, dear reader, let me explain: you make a loop and the snake goes down… But this is only half the story.

this was way more cringe than I expected so amogus sigma male grindset minecraft sus gaming poop. o7

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Un-, GreenMile, NoPointToContinue and 10 others
A

Anonymous_A

Arcanist
Oct 4, 2020
  • Yay!
Reactions: rockstar and patheticpartner
siray

siray

the crucified
Dec 28, 2018
This is the most eccentric departure thread I've seen here, I love the existentialism in your argument.

If really after death our consciousness is liberated from the constraint of time, and infinite time passes after death occurs, for the individual this is beyond comprehension, but on a grand scale, it's specks of stardust that we call lifeforms, that are nothing more than the sum of their instincts and drives. biological puppets that they are, consciousness is a curse for them, let them stay hypnotized by illusions, as the true knowledge of reality is frightening to the blind will, the life-impulse.

Time may be infinite, but this universe has limited enthalpy and ends in heat death. And for my family, years of grief, for me, infinite time passes, in death I shall forever remain unharmed from the suffering my flesh was heir to.

RDR2 was great, gave me months of free roam, killing bounty hunters and slicing the last one with a machete while on horse never gets old. Also, massacres in towns are always satisfying.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: downbad, Greenberg, GreenMile and 1 other person
N

NoPointToContinue

Student
Jun 2, 2021
I very much like this post

• Love
Reactions: WaaaghEnjoyer