slashedpiel

slashedpiel

Mar 9, 2023
i've been on a semi-strict calorie intake since last week and have been seeing major improvements with weight loss. i usually consume under 600ish calories a day ever since last friday and went from 113.3lbs to 107.5lbs. i know it's very unlikely that if i eat 2k+ calories just one time (dinner tonight), i'm not going to have immediate gain by tomorrow; maybe just bloating/water weight. but somehow in my head, i'm convinced that i'm going to gain everything back. can someone please put some sense into my head and confirm my logical side of reason that i'm not going to gain all of my weight back!!!!!!

• Hugs
Reactions: littlelungs
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Well first off, true weight loss from a caloric or carb related deficit is going to take some time to occur. You may lose quite a few pounds of water weight initially, but it's only really after week 2 that you start to lose body fat. Then there's also muscle breakdown which is sort of inevitable if you restrict a whole lot, and that will also cause you to lose weight. But do this for too long, and you will likely stall at one point due to the slowing of your metabolism.

If you've only been doing this a week or so, you're probably still in the water weight loss phase. Over the longer term, you can lose weight with a caloric deficit, and if you stick with it, it's actually a good idea to have a bit of a higher calorie day here and there, to keep your metabolism up. It surprises the body a bit and might help to avoid a stall. So eat like 1800 cal one day, then the next day 1000, then 1200, then 800, then 1600, etc. Basically change it up and zigzag the calories.

I can't say if you'll gain all the weight back from one day of eating more, but it's possible. Probably at least 2-4lbs will come right back, only to fall off once you restrict again. Like I said, true and lasting weight loss will take longer.

Good luck.

Reactions: slashedpiel and littlelungs
slashedpiel

slashedpiel

Mar 9, 2023
sorry for the late response, but your reply has been confirmed true for me. i managed to lose more than i expected and have been in the deficit since before my initial post. i have been (subconsciously and by almost "social" force) upping my calorie intake on the weekends, since it's the only days i go out and eat more than i usually do. so, i hope that wouldn't make me plateau in terms of losing any weight. the sudden 2/3lb weight gain manages to go back down after 2 days or so, with restricting.

thank you again for your response as it is very helpful for me, personally.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Sorry to nag. I'm sure this isn't what you want to hear but- restricting food is going to lead to you feeling the desire to binge. It's going to happen naturally. Your body doesn't realise you're on a diet. It will think you are starving. So- when you do eat, it will want you to overeat. Plus- it will try and hang on to those calories/fat- because- it thinks you are starving.

I lost 5 stone once via a low carbohydrate diet. I really would recommend you follow a good, balanced diet- rather than trying to starve yourself (if that's what you are doing.) Still- maybe I'm wrong. I know people do the whole fasting thing. I also know though that things like anoerexia can sometimes lead to binge and binge-purge disorders. Please just be careful you don't end up with an eating disorder. I'd say I was borderline for a while and I still don't have a good relationship with food. Good luck though.

Reactions: carac