F

fficiallyjawshh

Sep 14, 2019
I'm not a drinker . Never have been, never intended to be tbh . I drink socially of course or with friends . And I've always had this unspoken pride with myself because I've never drank when I was sad . But here I am . On my second bottle . Drinking while I'm sad . I guess part of me is trying to understand why people do it . Does it make them feel better ? Does it temporarily numb whatever pain they're experiencing ? I'm quite tipsy, probably soon to be drunk if I'm being honest . I don't know why I'm making this post tbh . To let everyone know how ashamed and quite frankly embarrassed I am that I've reached this point :/ It's pretty pathetic and a new low for me .

• Hugs
Reactions: LegaliseIt!, Brick In The Wall, Cevapcici and 4 others
Finis Autem Spero

Finis Autem Spero

Dec 30, 2019
Personally, I'm a happy drunk so when I drink I tend to be "happier". It's easy to see why some would come to rely on that.

Please don't feel ashamed about seeking release. Don't take this as me saying it's a good idea to drink yourself out of sadness either, as this seems like an effective way to get stuck in a feedback loop that could lead to serious problems. I don't know, maybe just ignore me lol

If you wanna chat while inebriated, feel free to PM me for random bollocks to keep your spirits up :hug:

Last edited:
Reactions: LegaliseIt!, Brick In The Wall, Soulless_Angel and 2 others
F

fficiallyjawshh

Sep 14, 2019
Personally, I'm a happy drunk so when I drink I tend to be "happier". It's easy to see why some would come to rely on that.

Please don't feel ashamed about seeking release. Don't take this as me saying it's a good idea to drink yourself out of sadness either.

If you wanna chat while inebriated, feel free to PM me for random bollocks to keep your spirits up :hug:
I guess I'm waiting for the effects to hit me full force haha . I'm pretty "woozy' but I dunno if it has numbed the sadness at all or has just distracted me from it . I'm glad that there are people out there who alcohol makes happy . I've seen too many mean drunks so it's a nice change of pace . I appreciate u for reaching out and if I end up feeling chatty after this second bottle I'll definitely pm you ! (:

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, TheDevilsAngel and Finis Autem Spero
MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
Please don't feel bad, I guess we have all done it.

I'm having to lead a sober life at the moment, I fully expect to relapse when I CTB (ha I wonder if that counts??)

Love and peace ❤

• Love
Reactions: LegaliseIt!, Brick In The Wall, Soulless_Angel and 2 others
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I mainly go two ways if I get too drunk which is either full on rock bottom or sky high happy hyper, If I drink just a handful I can be mellow but that is really rare. I am mainly a happy drunk though, I am also the sort of annoying person who can drink till I am comatose and still get no hangover!

Reactions: fficiallyjawshh and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I mainly go two ways if I get too drunk which is either full on rock bottom or sky high happy hyper, If I drink just a handful I can be mellow but that is really rare. I am mainly a happy drunk though, I am also the sort of annoying person who can drink till I am comatose and still get no hangover!

This is pretty much me in a nutshell when I drink. I don't get hangovers the next day either. But I do get extremely low emotionally.

Reactions: fficiallyjawshh
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
I'm not a drinker . Never have been, never intended to be tbh . I drink socially of course or with friends . And I've always had this unspoken pride with myself because I've never drank when I was sad . But here I am . On my second bottle . Drinking while I'm sad . I guess part of me is trying to understand why people do it . Does it make them feel better ? Does it temporarily numb whatever pain they're experiencing ? I'm quite tipsy, probably soon to be drunk if I'm being honest . I don't know why I'm making this post tbh . To let everyone know how ashamed and quite frankly embarrassed I am that I've reached this point :/ It's pretty pathetic and a new low for me .
I dont drink as got very poor health ad on so many medications would be dangerous, but to be honest alcohol has never really interested me much. I did use to drink a little when younger but not much. Dont be embarrassed by having a drink or two or three:wink:.......wonder how you will feel afterwards, do let us know.

F

fficiallyjawshh

Sep 14, 2019
I dont drink as got very poor health ad on so many medications would be dangerous, but to be honest alcohol has never really interested me much. I did use to drink a little when younger but not much. Dont be embarrassed by having a drink or two or three:wink:.......wonder how you will feel afterwards, do let us know.
I woke up a few hours after finally crashing and had such a huge headache . I hated it lol . I know different substances affect different people differently but alcohol just isn't for me lol . Wasn't an enjoyable experience haha .

• Hugs
Reactions: Finis Autem Spero
Eternal Pessimist

Eternal Pessimist

Student
Oct 16, 2019
I really miss the days when alcohol was guaranteed to make me happy. Now it can make me happier if I start drinking when I'm feeling ok but if I'm upset it just numbs the negative feelings a little.

I used to drink quite a bit a few years ago but now I drink once a month at most and even that is only a few beers. My hangovers have gotten worse which is probably a combination of having a lower tolerance from drinking less and getting older. So I can't drink that much even if I wanted to. I guess it's for the best, it saves money if nothing else.

F

fficiallyjawshh

Sep 14, 2019
I really miss the days when alcohol was guaranteed to make me happy. Now it can make me happier if I start drinking when I'm feeling ok but if I'm upset it just numbs the negative feelings a little.

I used to drink quite a bit a few years ago but now I drink once a month at most and even that is only a few beers. My hangovers have gotten worse which is probably a combination of having a lower tolerance from drinking less and getting older. So I can't drink that much even if I wanted to. I guess it's for the best, it saves money if nothing else.
Do you have a new coping mechanism now ? Since alcohol is no longer a reliable way to go ?

Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
I woke up a few hours after finally crashing and had such a huge headache . I hated it lol . I know different substances affect different people differently but alcohol just isn't for me lol . Wasn't an enjoyable experience haha .
Oh dear, you'll know not to repeat the experience then. You are right we all react differently to things.:meh:

Eternal Pessimist

Eternal Pessimist

Student
Oct 16, 2019
Do you have a new coping mechanism now ? Since alcohol is no longer a reliable way to go ?
I daydream a lot and just in general live inside my head most of the time. I've always done that but I do it even more now.

Distracting myself with movies or books helps too if I can gather the energy and motivation to watch or read.

F

fficiallyjawshh

Sep 14, 2019
I daydream a lot and just in general live inside my head most of the time. I've always done that but I do it even more now.

Distracting myself with movies or books helps too if I can gather the energy and motivation to watch or read.
I go to the movies all the time too and it only hit me recently that it's kind of a distraction from real life . Might take up daydreaming though . How do u keep your daydreams from dreaming about dying ? That's what often happens to me .

Eternal Pessimist

Eternal Pessimist

Student
Oct 16, 2019
I go to the movies all the time too and it only hit me recently that it's kind of a distraction from real life . Might take up daydreaming though . How do u keep your daydreams from dreaming about dying ? That's what often happens to me .
I do daydream about dying sometimes, but death and suicide is on my mind so much outside of daydreams I'm usually able to think about other things.

K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
Alcohol is a depressant. Plus it can so quickly turn from a good laugh into puking violently in the gutter while some random strangers look at you thinking what a pathetic state to get into.
When my daughter was 14,I took her to the town on a Friday evening to see what people look like when they are drunk. You need to be sober to appreciate how vulnerable and incapable you become.