MarchFog

MarchFog

Oct 9, 2023
Does anyone else feel like every single person you come in contact with kicks you while you're already down?

Especially, for me, Christians. I really hate the phrase "Gods plan". Like how in the world does a loving God put people through this type of pain, despair, and torture all for some bigger plan. I don't want to live like this for something good to maybe happen to me in X amount of time. Feels unfair.

• Aww..
Reactions: spinningmyself, dyn00ss, Blue Elephant and 4 others
puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
Many people struggle to be empathetic or aren't able to talk about anything too heavy. I'm here for you if you want someone who just cares for you when the world is unfair. šŸ§”

And yeah...I would never judge, especially a whole group of people. But I've been hurt by Christianity. When I'm in pain, it's God's plan and everything I'm feeling is meant to be. And then when I come out, I get told I'll go to hell if I don't change. No offense to anyone, and I still value people who have had experiences to make them think this way, but it's wrong.

• Love
Reactions: spinningmyself, dyn00ss, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
religion is a mental illness delusion arises from psychiatric disorder.

• Love
Reactions: dyn00ss, PlathWannaBe, Xaeniak and 2 others
MarchFog

MarchFog

Oct 9, 2023
Many people struggle to be empathetic or aren't able to talk about anything too heavy. I'm here for you if you want someone who just cares for you when the world is unfair. šŸ§”

And yeah...I would never judge, especially a whole group of people. But I've been hurt by Christianity. When I'm in pain, it's God's plan and everything I'm feeling is meant to be. And then when I come out, I get told I'll go to hell if I don't change. No offense to anyone, and I still value people who have had experiences to make them think this way, but it's wrong.
Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Yeah, I should have said that I'm not hating on the entire group of people, I see the value in religion for people and how it can help them, but I've definitely been burned as well. I'm appreciative of you offering a supportive ear and I'm sorry you've also been hurt by Christianity in some ways as well.

Xaeniak

Xaeniak

Bootlegged doll
Sep 14, 2023
Does anyone else feel like every single person you come in contact with kicks you while you're already down?

Especially, for me, Christians. I really hate the phrase "Gods plan". Like how in the world does a loving God put people through this type of pain, despair, and torture all for some bigger plan. I don't want to live like this for something good to maybe happen to me in X amount of time. Feels unfair.
Oh yeah, I hate that "it's for a higher purpose" stuff. When I die, if there is a god that claims any sort of omnipotence or omniscience but let's the world run the way it does, I'm instantly looking to join whoever's planning a coup =p

• Love
Reactions: MarchFog
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
Religion is NEVER good! NEVER! They use it to lie and control. The intelligent stay away from it, the weak and the naive use it as crutch. But I wonder: how different their lives would be if they would just throw this crutch and wonder using their own intellect. Then I wonder if this is merely a crutch and not a heavy prison weight.

Reactions: dyn00ss, Xaeniak, fxndi and 1 other person