• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Hi.
Could I please ask if any members have any information or experience of the use of ketamine as a treatment for depresson.

It was suggested to me on this forum but was something I have not given serious consideration to before but i am becoming desperate.

Is it a tablet? The only experience I have had with this drug was whilst working as a vet nurse when i would draw up the injection form combined with other injections to prepare anathesia.
Is it even licenced in humans ?
On occassion, some cats would be tripping which never looked that great and they needed to be calmed before hurting themselves.!
Thankyou.

Reactions: Cevapcici and Halo13
Qbert

Qbert

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2019
It's done IV. In my experience the antidepressant effect wears off in a couple of weeks. YMMV of course...

Reactions: Lara Francis
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
It's done IV. In my experience the antidepressant effect wears off in a couple of weeks. YMMV of course...
How did the drug effect you straight afterwards ?
I guess its effectiveness wears off on a day by day basis.where there any nasty side effects.?

Reactions: Qbert
Qbert

Qbert

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2019
...and at least in the US it is perfectly legal for doctors to use K off-label....
No bad side effects, the infusion experience is kinda fun tbh. Felt mildly euphoric for a couple of days and hit baseline soon thereafter. Did 3 infusions before I gave up on doctor's advice.
Also: check here for more context

Last edited:
Reactions: Zzzzz, NemoZeno and Lara Francis
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
...and at least in the US it is perfectly legal for doctors to use K off-label....
No bad side effects, the infusion experience is kinda fun tbh. Felt mildly euphoric for a couple of days and hit baseline soon thereafter. Did 3 infusions before I gave up on doctor's advice.
Also: check here for more context
Thankyou for the personal stories.
Much appreciated xx

Reactions: Qbert
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Looks like you can do either IV or lozenge, and that setting/support can make a great deal of difference. I found this a while ago, and have been considering trying it:

Memento Mori

Memento Mori

shambling garbage
Jan 24, 2019
normally it acts antidepressive for about a month like shrooms, but not in all cases...

i did microdosage on ketamine the last two weeks and it rather made me sad, sitting there crying and cutting myself. feeling my fucked situation. about 2x25mg each day

at least it felt good to be on dissociatives again.

Qbert

Qbert

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2019
Ketamine is a super cheap out-of-patent drug so of course Pharma is developing Esketamine specifically for depression which will be of course patented. I believe it is delivered as a nasal spray.
Update: esketamine is approved in the U.S. and Australia

Last edited:
A

Allpainnogain

Experienced
May 2, 2019
I tried it. Did 9 infusions. Didn't work for me and I was so desperately wishing it had

• Aww..
Reactions: Journeytoletgo and Lara Francis
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
I tried it for pain and it didn't help me. however maybe the dosages are different for pain vs depression.
I don't think it's as broadly effective as many are claiming, but it apparently is a miracle for some percentage of people. So if you have a way of trying this without going broke, I would do it.

Reactions: Lara Francis and Cevapcici
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Ketamine is a super cheap out-of-patent drug so of course Pharma is developing Esketamine specifically for depression which will be of course patented. I believe it is delivered as a nasal spray.
Update: esketamine is approved in the U.S. and Australia
Yep: As I understand it, esketamine is an enantiomer variant of ketamine. More expensive to produce, but it's the only way to turn an old drug into a new drug. However, the report I read says not only does it not have the psychedelic side effects, it also has a lower rate of efficacy at treating depression. So Big Pharma will be charging more for a less effective drug. Sounds par for course...

Reactions: Worthless_nobody, Hermione, Lara Francis and 2 others
S

soda_pressed

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
I've known people who take k recreationally (albeit snorting) and they notice an uplift in their mood for a few weeks. I think there are a few clinics in the UK that offer it for severe cases - definitely try and check it out.