D

doughmixer1982

Student
Jun 8, 2023
Anyone like to share there Ketamine therapy ?

toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
Anyone like to share there Ketamine therapy ?
Share their experiences? You might get more responses in the recovery forum.

I tried it and it made me worse. I only had 2 infusions and couldn't take anymore. It didn't help me at all. But being on ketamine was nice until it wore off and I felt completely empty and deprived of all emotions. It intensified all my mental disorders. The integration therapist sucked though. It works for a lot of people though. Ask in the recovery forum or on reddit, therea a subreddit for ketamine therapy with good info.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
The intoxication was nice the first few times but it ultimately didn't do anything for me. Plus it's extraordinarily expensive.

C

countdown3210

Sep 11, 2023
I just got home from one. I've been getting the anti-suicide dosing Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday this week. It seems to have worked for now. I went through this 9 months ago and it came back. I feel like I'm only on borrowed time until the frantic desire to ctb happens again. Next time I'll have everything I need to do it though. No waiting or sourcing and can just follow my instincts. So I may have a few months of relief again. Guess we'll see.

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I found the visions/hallucinations terrifying. I did get some mood improvement from the infusions (not the nasal spray, though). Unfortunately, my improved mood fizzled after a few days. A combo of IV ketamine and transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) gave me some relief for about a month. That kind of treatment isn't sustainable, though. On top of being crazy expensive, you do literally nothing else for the duration of treatment, which is like 4-6 weeks. You can't—you feel like a wrung-out washing rag afterward.

Edit: There is some robust trial data on ketamine. There's less on ketamine + TMS, but it looks very promising. This forum isn't really where you go for treatment success stories, though. I second the idea that asking this question in Recovery might give you more of what you're looking for. Unless you WANT to read: "It failed." "Failed here too." "Rated F for 'failure.'" :p

Last edited:
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I found the visions/hallucinations terrifying. I did get some mood improvement from the infusions (not the nasal spray, though). Unfortunately, my improved mood fizzled after a few days. A combo of IV ketamine and transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) gave me some relief for about a month. That kind of treatment isn't sustainable, though. On top of being crazy expensive, you do literally nothing else for the duration of treatment, which is like 4-6 weeks. You can't—you feel like a wrung-out washing rag afterward.
Unfortunately ketamine is very short-lived. That works out well for the clinics though since a lot of the doctors are entrepreneurs first, doctors second.

Reactions: Foreverix
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
I've only done it recreationally, it works only for the actual duration of the drug for me, but during it, it feels like total peacefulness.
A couple hours later when i sober up, it's back to normal.

Reactions: Foreverix