Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
The just world fallacy is basically the belief that we live in a just world where good things happen to good people and bad things happen to bad people (kinda like karma). Of course staying on this planet for more than 5 minutes will disprove it beyond any doubt, but some people still believe in it for some reason

Most prolifers seem to have it to a degree, when someone says that he wants to ctb because his life sucks that will immedietaly reply with:
Have you tried putting yourself out there / meeting new people / showering / stop thinking about it / cheering up / moving somewhere else etc.
This comes from the idea that if our lives are bad then it is necesseraly our fault and that outside factors can't have anything to do with it.

I think that if people started dropping this nonsensical worldview once and for all then things may become better for us, but maybe I'm just dreaming Idk

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: kitee80, death137, RottenApple and 11 others
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
If they accepted the truth, they'd be suicidal too. Normies are weak delusional fools.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Zhontafly, SmellyRat, Wrennie and 2 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
The just world fallacy is basically the belief that we live in a just world where good things happen to good people and bad things happen to bad people (kinda like karma). Of course staying on this planet for more than 5 minutes will disprove it beyond any doubt, but some people still believe in it for some reason

Most prolifers seem to have it to a degree, when someone says that he wants to ctb because his life sucks that will immedietaly reply with:

This comes from the idea that if our lives are bad then it is necesseraly our fault and that outside factors can't have anything to do with it.

I think that if people started dropping this nonsensical worldview once and for all then things may become better for us, but maybe I'm just dreaming Idk
The vast majority of people's lives are determined by factors entirely out of their control which they can do little to nothing to change. Genetics, the government, corporations, other people, etc

I don't know why pro lifers love to make it about personal responsibility or attitudes.

Some people are tired of being puppets on strings and punching bags.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Barracuda91, RottenApple and 4 others
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
I think we all have some delusions, they're what help get us through life.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
Yep, that's why i despise pro-lifer dipshits they assume we are all born equal and have the same chances in life which is bullshit.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and yive
awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
Sad thing is I would've agreed with them 5 years ago before life became so intolerable I joined SS. Now I know better. Yah I fucked up on a few things but I didn't deserve this. Now it's over. Too bad. Life used to be pretty decent.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Yes and they also say, don't forget to eat healthy and exercise :(

Reactions: Ender
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Have you tried putting yourself out there / meeting new people / showering / stop thinking about it / cheering up / moving somewhere else etc.

It can be frustrating when a suicidal person hears this type of rhetoric, because asking someone: "Have you tried to do action X or Y" implies that the person asking this question assumes that the individual who it is aimed at has not attempted any change already.

For example: An individual might try to be kind to others, to smile and to be 'positive'. Then this same individual gets it thrown back in their face constantly for days, weeks, months or sometimes even years on end; eventually they will be worn out mentally and/or emotionally, so much to the point that they will no longer have the ability to do what they originally tried to do. The large amount of energy that they spent being positive was not replenished, and the pain caused by not having any reciprocation drains them even more.

So if someone is unhappy and/or depressed it might not be that they "have not tried" to change their outlook, but rather that they have tried too much - and did not get the same effort made in response.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Barracuda91 and RottenApple